IGNORED

Let's Put Tonight In Perspective And Move On .....

Pooki

We lost to probably the eventual champions of this division and didn't help ourselves by having the wrong tactics from the start and having to play catch up all night from then on in. Second half was a different game and we had them on the back foot for the best part of it not helped by the ref but that's football , the good to come out of tonight is to see the return of Trunds and after the reception he got and what he did on the pitch CANNOT now be ignored (please Gary!!) and that if GJ has instructed the wingers to come infield it proved that it is not the way we need to play and hopefully this will be changed asap as it cannot now be ignored after so obviously being ripped to shreds. We cant blame the players as it is apparent that they were told to play that way

Saturday is a different game and this will soon be forgotten about when we beat Doncaster , we've had the wake up call now it's time to get up and respond ......

COME ON YOOOOOUUUUUU REDS!!!!!!!

yes we played the wrong formation in the first half and didn't help ourselves by making key mistakes for both goals. We almost pulled off a great fight back against a good side who are probably 5 years ahead of where we are in terms of development.

Like you say, move on and regroup.

Agree totally thought it was one of the best games ive seen down the gate for ages, they got two in front and sat back as expected. Williams was great don't know why he went off must have been a knock but that ref was awful Taylor was guilty of at least 10 fouls on Dele yet Louis got a yellow after 1! Just seeing Phillips, Bent and Quincy warming up should tell us how far away they are financially yet imo we were much the better side second half and deserved at least a draw!

Birmingham deserved the points.

To have come away with a point would have just sugar coated the pill thats just been taken.

If anything has been proved to me tonight then it has to be that heart and a strong team spirit are not enough to get to the Prem.

I`ve no doubt we have enough to consolidate in this division but the improvement will have to be huge if we are to seriously harbor ambitions of getting out of it.

Setting the tactics aside we succumbed to a side superior in almost every department tonight. Movement off the ball, the ball control, the one touch and passing where we were taking a couple at least and then holding on to it too long, more often than not because we looked completely clueless when going forward. No movement at all. I doubt the Birmingham defence will have an easier game this season.

We are in danger of becoming predictable and, it seems to me, are rapidly becoming one dimensional. The `hoofball` that has been ridiculed by so many when witnessed with other sides is now prevalent at Ashton Gate.

Is Trundle the answer ? Not in my opinion if we continue to play slow moving keep ball on the half way line before deciding to hoof it towards Dele who more often than not had 2/3 blue shirts around him the second the ball got any where near him.

No doubt someone will point out our improved performance in the 2nd half. In truth Birmingham knew they had the points in the bag and let us play.

For those that continue to berate Maynard just bear in mind that Trundle would not have got his goal if he hadn`t closed down Taylor.

I`m glad the training ground pitches are open for use now. When GJ analysis`s tonights game i expect them to be damn busy.

PDG

Archived