IGNORED

Respect To Both Managers

Totterdown's Finest

We're all used to the constant whinging and pettiness of various managers, but I feel the need to credit both Gary Johnson and Alex McLeish after their responses to last night's match.

The fact that Gary apparently responded so strongly to the defeat, when other managers may have been satisfied with a narrow defeat by probably the best team in the league, demonstrates how high the standards are that he has set for the team and the club. It suggests there is no complacency after the achievements of last year.

McLeish stated that he thought there were Premier League teams that would struggle at Ashton Gate, and accepted City's ability to exploit Brum's casual approach to the second half. Mutual respect from two decent and experienced professionals is nice to see.

Twas a good game last night I think. Birmingham deserved their victory and have some excellent players (Carsley and Mc Fadden were especially good, I feel), but I feel we are really establishing ourselves as a force in this division.

Now for 3pts on Saturday.

We're all used to the constant whinging and pettiness of various managers, but I feel the need to credit both Gary Johnson and Alex McLeish after their responses to last night's match.

The fact that Gary apparently responded so strongly to the defeat, when other managers may have been satisfied with a narrow defeat by probably the best team in the league, demonstrates how high the standards are that he has set for the team and the club. It suggests there is no complacency after the achievements of last year.

McLeish stated that he thought there were Premier League teams that would struggle at Ashton Gate, and accepted City's ability to exploit Brum's casual approach to the second half. Mutual respect from two decent and experienced professionals is nice to see.

Twas a good game last night I think. Birmingham deserved their victory and have some excellent players (Carsley and Mc Fadden were especially good, I feel), but I feel we are really establishing ourselves as a force in this division.

Now for 3pts on Saturday.

Yes, I hate home defeats as much as the next man, but went home buzzing by the performance (not the result) and the crowds reaction to being behind for so long.

I appear to be one of the few who thought it was a cracking advert fot the Championship.

Yes, I hate home defeats as much as the next man, but went home buzzing by the performance (not the result) and the crowds reaction to being behind for so long.

I appear to be one of the few who thought it was a cracking advert fot the Championship.

That's two of us then mate.

Wasn't disapointed at all. The performance in the 2nd half was great. The way we came back in the 2nd half made me go away thinking that we had matched if not bettered a very good footballing team(hows that for clutching at straws??)

I agree with you Geoffry! Gotta bear in mind they were Prem team last season and we more than matched them second half which is encouraging.

See you in our normal watering hole Saturday??

I agree! Yes we were poor in the first half but at times played some great football in the 2nd and on another day would of got a point.

If we can win Saturday it will still be a fantastic start to the season!!

Yep I agree with this post completely is a great advert for the championship.Birmingham's defence was very good although could only just handle Dele. There wingers did there jobs and there Jerome and few others could of had braces to be honest. BUt to show in the second half we can match them was just great! There was obvious mutal respect between the managers and even on the offical Birmingham website they had " the city point of view" which shows they do respect the oppositions thoughts of the game aswell.

Went back to the Lions after the match and every one I spoke to thought it was a cracking game.

We played some good stuff in the 2nd half and had a real good go at them , Trundle goal was pure class and Birmingham showed why they are favourites to bounce back up.

We have come a long way since we were playing Chesterfield on Tuesday night winning 2-0 but still feeling short changed.

Went back to the Lions after the match and every one I spoke to thought it was a cracking game.

We played some good stuff in the 2nd half and had a real good go at them , Trundle goal was pure class and Birmingham showed why they are favourites to bounce back up.

We have come a long way since we were playing Chesterfield on Tuesday night winning 2-0 but still feeling short changed.

or even losing to them on a Tuesday night (2-1,I beleive, courtesy of a last min. Flapper)!

or even losing to them on a Tuesday night (2-1,I beleive, courtesy of a last min. Flapper)!

On the topic of Chesterfield.I will always remeber a few years ago ( don't know date) and was early the season I was opptimistic how we'd do and then 45 seconds into the game Wayne alison scored think we lost something like 3-1.

Archived