IGNORED

Should Lee Trundle Start On Saturday?

BASSO

Yes. Everyone deserves a chance i think his chance is now. Who do you drop though?

I would love to see Trundle and Maynard up front on Saturday which would mean dropping Adebola. If it doesn't work then he could change things around and put Adebola to see if it works better.

Yes. Everyone deserves a chance i think his chance is now. Who do you drop though?

Yes.

Trundle and Maynard is a partnership i really like the look of...however i cant see it happening. I also can't see a Trundle Adebola partnership any time soon as Maynard wont be dropped for atleast another 5 or so games because of his pricetag...and by then he will have began scoring :fingerscrossed:

IMO if we're to see Trundle start...its going to be behind the front two...or possibly behind a sole striker on a tougher away trip (ie Wolves next week)

Trundle and Maynard is a partnership i really like the look of...however i cant see it happening. I also can't see a Trundle Adebola partnership any time soon as Maynard wont be dropped for atleast another 5 or so games because of his pricetag...and by then he will have began scoring :fingerscrossed:

IMO if we're to see Trundle start...its going to be behind the front two...or possibly behind a sole striker on a tougher away trip (ie Wolves next week)

Couldn't agree more. maynard won't just be dropped! Dele has done well this season though so he won't be dropped just yet i wouldn't of thought.

where was trundle playing last night when he came on? he seemed to be all over?

Yeah, I'd love to see Trunds given another chance to make it work. Why should it be any different from Trunds and Byfield last season? Well, for once, we know strikers often perform better in certain combinations that taken in isolation (What was Bright without Wright, or Turner without Taylor?)

Lee has stepped up to the plate given half an hour of competitive football, and scored a super goal. That should be rewarded with a place in the starting eleven, and his confidence may be high. I suspect this may help Maynard as much as it helps Trundle. If things don't work out (or even if they do), Dele can come on and batter weary legs.

Certainly, on paper a home tie against Doncaster is good opportunity to make such an experiment.

NO!

others have done more than him. He's contributed one goal and thats it. Brooker is more deserving of a starting place (if he's fit that is!

Looks like we are in a minority matey!!!.

Apart from the goal(obviously) didn't really think that he did a lot on Tuesday night.

Certainly not enough to warrant a starting place. If Brooker is fit then he will be in the SQUAD ahead of Trunds.(not too sure about starting ahead of Dele - what's he done wrong apart from working his socks off!!!)

Looks like we are in a minority matey!!!.

Apart from the goal(obviously) didn't really think that he did a lot on Tuesday night.

Certainly not enough to warrant a starting place. If Brooker is fit then he will be in the SQUAD ahead of Trunds.(not too sure about starting ahead of Dele - what's he donw wrong apart from working his socks off!!!)

he does work his socks off, but when brooks come on against cardiff, he was involved is several good moves because his movement and link up play is better than dele's. He can also turn a defender easier too and with brum defending their penalty area well, it would have been ideal scenario for Brooks as he's good in and around the box!

I know he was injured, but why should LT do little and earn a recall.

Every time i've seen brooker play he and the team look more likely to score. No matter how well dele's playing or headers he's winning - we just don't look dangerous and don't play as well as a team.

Would certainly love to see him play a part on saturday, but its a tough decision. Brooker looked lively when he came on at Cardiff, Adebola on his day is a handful against anyone (e.g. Coventry away this year) and Maynard has a lot of talent (although I felt he was largely anonymous on tuesday apart from closing down the keeper for the goal). If Johnson was to put Trundle in the starting lineup I suspect he would play him alongside Adebola as I think it would suit him playing with a targetman.

No....if Brooker is fit, I would rather see him start as he has done more than Trundle this season to deserve a place in

the starting eleven

If Brooker is not fit, I believe GJ will start with the same strikeforce that started on Tuesday night.

On the other hand, as Doncaster are newly promoted and Trundle has a good record against ex league one sides so maybe he could get a start. In fact let him start, give him his upteen chance to keep in his place in the side, and we will wait for the avalanche of excuses should he be unsuccessful.

For what it's worth, as some have suggested on here, let him link up the play between the midfield and Dele/Maynard......just a thought

Guest ashtonyate

I would start with Adebola & trundle upfront but right on there back 4 not in the hole we need to be more positive than we were on Tuesday in the first half Maynard was playing to deep and not offering Adebola any help at all.

Maynard needs to be rested but I am worried that we do not have enough Forwards at the Club if Brooker is still unfit we need to loan a forward.

YES - definitely!

Brooker isn't fit is he so we can forget Saturday for him.

Trundle and Dele up front in my opinion is no good. Why? Because there is no pace and in the championship you need some pace up front. Birmingham had it and were excellent.

So I would go with Maynard and Trundle for Saturday, but ultimately I would like to see Brooker and Trundle play which I think may be the best combination we have. Maynard needs to stick closer to his fellow striker so that link play can happen. Him and Dele on Tuesday looked like 2 separate strikers with no understanding of each others game at all and as a result no benefit as a duo. Surely they practice that at training......don't they?

Archived