IGNORED

Why Not Trundle And Maynard?

Andy082005

OK, don't get me wrong, I do like Dele. He is big, strong, can bring the ball down out of the air well etc....but for me, without Noble and Trundle in the team, our creativity is poor....sometimes worse then that.

What I fail to understand is why do so many people feel we have to have a "big man and a little man" up front. With the greatest respect to Dele, since we signed him, our football has got a little "uglier".....we have a tendency to hoof the ball forward in a vein hope he will bring it down or flick it on.

For me, we have to start playing to Maynards strengths, not Dele's. I mean, we did just pay £2.2m for the fella, and this lad is our future.....not Dele!! As has been said before, were not creating enough from the midfield, so for me, the simple answer is play Trundle. Trundle, is without doubt our most creative player....AND he isnt to bad at holding the ball up either. Maynard doesnt like the ball into his feet, and he cannot hold the ball up...this isnt his strength. He needs through balls in behind the defence for him to run on to.....he needs the ball in front of him so he is facing goal, and making runs. In the air to him...or even into his feet with his back to goal is a waste of time!

Get Trunds in there, he can pick a pass out...no problem. Would be interesting to see how we would do with these two up top. If we can get Noble fit to...more the better, what has happened to him, anyone actually know?!?

I don't get to see the games, but describe this Maynard fella for me. Does he have a bit of the Cameron Jerome's about him?

My personal opinion is no. Jerome is a big striker, strong...and looked pretty good in the air. For me, Maynard is a very lightweight player. He is not the type of player who likes it into his feet, as it gives a big burly defender time to get up his a*s and knock him off the ball. He is weak in the air to.

He is the type of lad who will run all day. We need to create more for him....and by more, I don't mean pumping balls in to the box, as a lumpy centre back will mop it up easily. We need to get the ball down more, and look to pick out passes either through the middle or down the channels....he needs passes to run on to!

All we seem to be doing at the minute is lumping the ball into the box for him. We need smarter players who can actually get the ball down and pick out an intelligent pass for him to run onto.....this is why we need Trundle or Noble back....oh for another Brian Tinnion style midfielder!

My personal opinion is no. Jerome is a big striker, strong...and looked pretty good in the air. For me, Maynard is a very lightweight player. He is not the type of player who likes it into his feet, as it gives a big burly defender time to get up his a*s and knock him off the ball. He is weak in the air to.

He is the type of lad who will run all day. We need to create more for him....and by more, I don't mean pumping balls in to the box, as a lumpy centre back will mop it up easily. We need to get the ball down more, and look to pick out passes either through the middle or down the channels....he needs passes to run on to!

All we seem to be doing at the minute is lumping the ball into the box for him. We need smarter players who can actually get the ball down and pick out an intelligent pass for him to run onto.....this is why we need Trundle or Noble back....oh for another Brian Tinnion style midfielder!

I totally agree that we haven't got the creativity in midfield at the moment - partly due to Elliot being out and also the style of football we're playing at the moment.

We need to include or find a place for Trundle. He showed flair and strength on the ball when he came on on Tuesday and created chances instantly. The boy is not an out and out striker so it's time we found a place in the team for him.

Why not mix the midfield up a bit on saturday: Elliot (praying he's fit) and Johnson with Mcindoe and then play Trundle in the 'Noble' slot - he can then pick up loose balls when they come back and feed Maynard - becuase I have no doubt that if you give the new boy the ball in space he'll destroy slower defensive partnerships. (I don't think it's fair to judge him on Tuesdays result because in total fairness Birminghams defence is and will be the best you'll see all season)

Trundle and maynard wont work for the same reason Trundle and Byfield didnt work.

No-one to hold the ball upfront when it gets up there, trundle cant make the ball stick he needs a big man along side him.

After 15 games last season everyone was saying "stop playing byfield an trundle together it wont work" now we are going to basically do the same thing if fans get their way!

Archived