IGNORED

The Old East End

Guest torquay red

Guest torquay red

Does anybody remember what the East End was like in the high flying days of the old div 1 ?Just been reading the posts about the so called trouble in the EE,and the possible closure of the stand because of this,surely the trouble now is nothing compared to those days,so why shut the stand for a few fence kickers :D

Does anybody remember what the East End was like in the high flying days of the old div 1 ?Just been reading the posts about the so called trouble in the EE,and the possible closure of the stand because of this,surely the trouble now is nothing compared to those days,so why shut the stand for a few fence kickers :D
The old east end was home fans only so there was very little trouble.

Guest torquay red

Sorry got to disagree with you on that one,when i was 15 i used to go to most home games and the away fans always used to try and "take" the stand,the likes of West Ham,Arsenal etc.The riots in the park afterwards were the highlight for the hooligans,so i cant see the trouble now is anything as bad.

The old east end was home fans only so there was very little trouble.

On the contrary. As a kid I used to stand in the old enclosure and watch running battles in the East End, sometimes involving hundreds on each side. It didn't seem a bad thing at the time, everyone just accepted it as part of the game.

It was part of the accepted rights of passage that you had a ruck. I was first chucked out of the EE for being stood amongst the City boys with an offensive haircut ( no change there then). We regularly used to repel invaders by setting up a reception committee in the top corner just past the old open section. Nearly everyone joined in with charges across the terraces. It was also VERY LOUD.

The funniest sight was when Manure tried to infiltrate (my mates are bored with this story) and a Manure fan ended up wearing a hot pie round his neck whilst being booted up his @rse.

The antics of this season are just insignificant in comparison.Ye Gods "shaking a fence" is deamed out of order.

Yours in nostalgic aggro.

Old git.

:dunno::D

Guest city slicker 71
It was part of the accepted rights of passage that you had a ruck. I was first chucked out of the EE for being stood amongst the City boys with an offensive haircut ( no change there then). We regularly used to repel invaders by setting up a reception committee in the top corner just past the old open section. Nearly everyone joined in with charges across the terraces. It was also VERY LOUD.

The funniest sight was when Manure tried to infiltrate (my mates are bored with this story) and a Manure fan ended up wearing a hot pie round his neck whilst being booted up his @rse.

The antics of this season are just insignificant in comparison.Ye Gods "shaking a fence" is deamed out of order.

Yours in nostalgic aggro.

Old git.

:dunno::D

Round about 72 you could get tank tops (vests) with an East End logo on in Stuckeys over in union street, I still have mine, was going to put it on E bay auctions decided not to; bound to get some ###### who would find it objectionable.

Long Live The Yellow Subber cult

And on that nautical note!

15 KIDS ON AN EAST END FENCE

YO HO HO AND A FLAGON OF ROUGH

THE CLUB AND THE COUNCIL HAVE

DONE FOR THE REST YO HO HO AND

A FLAGON OF ROUGH

Stevenson R.S.

I have a memory of a dozen or so Millwall fans right in the middle of the East End early, as City arrived they were surrounded and enventually transferred to the open end by the old bill; but yes running battles were the norm and not just in The End in the "enclosure and open end" as well although a bit more serious than fence rattling it was just AGRO.

Bring back the swaying masses and scarves :dunno: no not going to happen can just hope for continued access to our home end next season.

YOU`LL NEVER TAKE THE EAST END :D

Guest East-Ender
Round about 72 you could get tank tops (vests) with an East End logo on in Stuckeys over in union street, I still have mine, was going to put it on E bay auctions decided not to; bound to get some ###### who would find it objectionable.

I'll give you 15 quid for it :D

Long Live The Yellow Subber cult

And on that nautical  note!

15 KIDS ON AN EAST END FENCE

YO HO HO  AND A FLAGON OF ROUGH

THE CLUB AND THE COUNCIL HAVE

DONE FOR THE REST YO HO HO AND

A FLAGON OF ROUGH

Stevenson R.S.

Stuckeys? Thats my family name mate. Does the top you have? Have my surname on it? :D

Stuckeys on Union street does anyone have any info about this shop.?

Guest city slicker 71
I'll give you 15 quid for it :D
After all the hype and intensive efforts to keep us out it's made me more possesive of the little that I have which remains from those halcyon days. However, When the bulldozers eventually arrive on that very momentous day rest assured I'll be there with a pick up truck for momentos. On that day IF WE ARE ALLOWED IN I'll have that EE tank top ( very withered) and you can put away the cash offer it will be yours for services rendered to the cause.

Stuckeys was the outfitters shop at the top right next to the steps that lead down onto Fairfax street we got all our 60s stuff in there, original Ben Sherman shirts and LEVI jeans which you had to bleach yourself . Mostly Mod and working stuff with the odd military thrown in. I believe it gradually sold over, whoever owned it must have enjoyed the 60s boom in demand.

Regards,

City slicker

FIFTEEN KIDS ON AN EAST END FENCE

YO HO HO AND A FLAGON OF ROUGH

THE LESBIAN LOVING COUNCIL HAVE

DONE FOR THE REST YO HO HO AND A

FLAGON OF ROUGH

R. L. Stevenson

Archived