IGNORED

Stop Slaggin Us Off

gary cornes

Why do I see people balmming gary Johnson the the result on tuesday. In my mind we played well but not well enough, we should be getting behind the team and not saying Gary cost us the game, or what was he doing, I would like to see any one slagging us off do any better, were playing batter than we have for a long long time and still city fans have a go, I just don't get it.

Why do I see people balmming gary Johnson the the result on tuesday. In my mind we played well but not well enough, we should be getting behind the team and not saying Gary cost us the game, or what was he doing, I would like to see any one slagging us off do any better, were playing batter than we have for a long long time and still city fans have a go, I just don't get it.

So criticism, no matter how constructive, is not on? :noexpression:

Personally, I think some criticism is due. In my view, City aren't playing the same type of football they were last season. From what I've seen there's a complete lack of invention in midfield or rather our sole tactic seems to be to lump it up to Adebola. There's a lack of shape especially with McIndoe continually drifting into midfield with very little effect. Personally, I'd like to see Noble return and Sproule start and Ellliot's return in place of Skuse cannot happen quickly enough too. I know, everyone keeps saying we're 5th/7th etc, but in my opinion City's play has been very inconsistent this season and I wouldn't be shocked to see us slip a few further places. That's my 2p's worth.

Great post.

I think people expected too much on Tuesday.

We had a great season last year, but we were never going to out play Birmingham (lets not forget they were 1 game away from playing in the prem again this year).

I really don't think we played that badly at all, a point would have been very nice, and going on out second half display, Id say we probably deserved it.

We've lost 1 game in 6, and we are 7th in the league!!!!!

How people can moan, I just don't know!!

Great post.

We had a great season last year, but we were never going to out play Birmingham (lets not forget they were 1 game away from playing in the prem again this year).

I really don't think we played that badly at all, a point would have been very nice, and going on out second half display, Id say we probably deserved it.

Because, going on our second half preformance, we had the tools to possibly take all 3 points off of Brum if we'd got the tactics right from the start.

So were we! When some shape returned to our team on Tuesday we more than matched Birmingham and had them on the back foot for long periods. Who knows what the final out come would of been had we done that for 90 minutes rather than just the half an hour! It was all to little to late.

What about the the other 45 minutes?

We've lost 1 game in 6, and we are 7th in the league!!!!! How people can moan, I just don't know!!

You could also say we've not won at home yet in the league, fortunately the away form has been good so it's papered over just 2 points from 9 at home!

Saturday is a must win.

Great post.

Don't confuse sensiable debate with hysterical abuse.

If you trawl through the archives of this wonderful website you will find plenty examples of steady as you go, wait and see and a fair amount of sentimentality for our heros. If the Johnson revolution hadn't taken place and don't forget it was a revolution but without the guilotine (just a hand grenade or three)we would still be in Divison one and I think it fair to say that a number of fans wouldn't be that bothered.

Times thankfully have changed and the club is competing with some of the best known names in the country. Do we stand still or do we move forward?

But were meant to be supporters not Critics, I certainly didnt pay for my season ticket to critisize the team.

Or you could say that we pay for our season tickets, so that gives us a right to have a say?

I'm not one of the moaning, groaning type of supporters that are never happy and I think Tuesday was simply a case of being outplayed by a much better side.... However, we pay an arm and a leg for our tickets so I say if people want to form an opinion on what they've seen on the field, then let them! After all, it is us that pay for the wages of the manager that decides the tactics, and the players that put the effort in on the field.

However, I do think that any negativity or criticism should indeed be spared for these forums, and that on the field we should always give our players 100% support and positivity.

Gary Johnson is still a legend and alway will be!!!!

That he may be, but he will still make mistakes from time to time. It seems that a fair few people think that the formation he employed on Tuesday was one of those. Nothing wrong with commenting on, and debating that IMO.

We aint going to win every game, if Man Utd and Chelsea cant do it with the supposed best managers in the world and billions of moolah then we aint going to to either. ....and would you want to, no really, would you?

People need to stop getting so upset over results and chill the **** out!

Bring on the next game.

CAN SUPPORTERS KINDLY REFRAIN FROM HAVING A NEGATIVE OPINION REGARDING GARY JOHNSON, AND THE PLAYERS OF BRISTOL CITY FOOTBALL CLUB, THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR EXPRESSING WHAT YOU THINK. PLEASE ONLY POST IF YOU BELIEVE GARY JOHNSON IS THE MESSIAH, AND THE PLAYERS ARE HIS DECIPLES.

Personally, I think the £1000 I spend each season on season tickets and merchandise entitles me to express my views how I see fit. If I think that GJ made a mistake, or the players under-performed, I will use this forum to express that view. Lets not forget that neither he, nor the players would think twice if what they considered a better offer comes along, to up sticks and go, whilst I and many others will be here until our last breath.

rant over.

PS I actually think he is doing a good job, but don't need to be told to 'always believe' as I have have believed for the last 40 years, that's why I keep going.

Yes we've had a good start yes we only got beaten but I think most people would like to see us carry on our form from last season thats how far we have come. IF we can't dicuss about how the match went and have our own suggestions on this forum then I don't know where we can. Not a personal attack just saying we all want to do well so for this reason we ourselves are trying to figure how that could happen of course GJ is better than us and it's easy for us to understand what went wrong.look even top team fans moan always want things different when they loose want to change it every se of fan does it. I t shows the passion for the team to change things none of us are in a wildist dreams calling for Gj's head. If we booing at the game this is when I'd question people but tuesday the atmopshere was amazing espcially the second half.

Or you could say that we pay for our season tickets, so that gives us a right to have a say?

I'm not one of the moaning, groaning type of supporters that are never happy and I think Tuesday was simply a case of being outplayed by a much better side.... However, we pay an arm and a leg for our tickets so I say if people want to form an opinion on what they've seen on the field, then let them! After all, it is us that pay for the wages of the manager that decides the tactics, and the players that put the effort in on the field.

However, I do think that any negativity or criticism should indeed be spared for these forums, and that on the field we should always give our players 100% support and positivity.

agreed :englandsmile4wf:

agreed :englandsmile4wf:

CAN SUPPORTERS KINDLY REFRAIN FROM HAVING A NEGATIVE OPINION REGARDING GARY JOHNSON, AND THE PLAYERS OF BRISTOL CITY FOOTBALL CLUB, THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR EXPRESSING WHAT YOU THINK. PLEASE ONLY POST IF YOU BELIEVE GARY JOHNSON IS THE MESSIAH, AND THE PLAYERS ARE HIS DECIPLES.

Personally, I think the £1000 I spend each season on season tickets and merchandise entitles me to express my views how I see fit. If I think that GJ made a mistake, or the players under-performed, I will use this forum to express that view. Lets not forget that neither he, nor the players would think twice if what they considered a better offer comes along, to up sticks and go, whilst I and many others will be here until our last breath.

rant over.

PS I actually think he is doing a good job, but don't need to be told to 'always believe' as I have have believed for the last 40 years, that's why I keep going.

Fair play mate, I have only been going for ten years, but it gets on my nerves when people say stuff after we loss. Over all i thought tuesday night was a blinding game and we were unfortunate to miss out on a point. I hope we are better on sat and get 3. Enjoy the game

Archived