IGNORED

Iwelumo And Hennessey

daisybcfc

They should be, depends on the circumstances surrounding their sending off (two yellows or straight red). I see McCarthy was sent to the stands too, so I guess he'll face some reprecussions.

both were straight reds... Iwelumo was for violent conduct and Hennessey was for dragging someone down when through on goal.

Chris Iwelumo's red card might be rescinded? Wolves website

It seems like Preston's Sean St Ledger went to the ref after the game to plead Iwelumo's case as it seems Iwelumo's been sent off for head-butting but St Ledger has said he didn't touch him.

Hopefully the FA won't rescind the card but in the circumstances it is likely to be rescinded.

Hennessey's sounds like it won't be.

As both cards were straight reds can anyone confirm whether if not rescinded, both players will be banned for our match next week?

Guest DR DICKNOSE
3 sendings off??? Unbelievable

Murray is a good second keeper

Iwelumo being suspended would help

i reckon mcarthey being sent off is the best thing,without him up front they will have no fire power!

So why was Sullivan not sent off today... Inconsistancy yet again....

Not necessarily, it depends upon the severity of the crime. Sullivan's error today wasn't violent conduct and it wasn't deliberate, just a clumsy challenge which meant a foul. The referee has the ability to decide whether it warrants a red or yellow.

Personally, I'm glad Sullivan wasn't sent off as he didn't really deserve it and it proved we could beat them with 11 men rather than 10.

So why was Sullivan not sent off today... Inconsistancy yet again....

Having now seen both incidents, I can see why one was a yellow and the other a red.

Hennessey's challenge clearly denied an obvious goalscoring opportunity and was therefore a straight red card.

Sullivan's challenge probably didn't, as the ball was travelling quickly and went out of play before Maynard could reasonably have got to it, so was therefore a yellow card.

Archived