IGNORED

Marvellous Marvin

Cyderman

Over the past couple of weeks, one of the things that's surprised me in amongst the criticism of our midfield has been how everyone seemed to have forgotten that we started the season with our best player missing. Today, Marv comes on at half time, sets up our opener within moments, runs the show in midfield and we win 4-1. I suggest this is now the time to get excited- and if he gets injured again, to get very worried.

Delighted to see him back, very much so. Changed the game when he came on, not so much for me.

Lee Johnson was superb today and barely put a foot wrong. His overall distribution was spot on and since early criticism of him lacking bite in the middle, he seems much more willing to make challenges and hustle for the ball. Skuse too had a solid first half so I disagree that Marvin 'changed the game'. Yes he contributed but to suggest his performance was a major factor in our 2nd half improvement and ultimately swung the game in our favour is misguided for me.

Been a long time coming. Obviously that trip to Lilleshall worked wonders. Great to have him back and hopefully in the starting line up next Saturday. Interesting problem for GJ now as regards Skuse who appears determined to hold onto his place in the team WHEREVER he plays.

PDG

agreed you red my just what i would of said, well played marvin and skuse :englandsmile4wf:

We all say Adebola is the reason we play long ball but when Marv came on we played a nice passing game. Is the real reason we play long ball because Marv controls the game and dictates tempo etc and encourages others to keep the ball on the ground. I don't know who got MOTM but he certainly was mine despite only playing 45 mins. He changed the entire game.

Over the past couple of weeks, one of the things that's surprised me in amongst the criticism of our midfield has been how everyone seemed to have forgotten that we started the season with our best player missing. Today, Marv comes on at half time, sets up our opener within moments, runs the show in midfield and we win 4-1. I suggest this is now the time to get excited- and if he gets injured again, to get very worried.

He was absolutely brilliant. (as usual), i am so glad he is back. the heart and soul of our team.

I have said before strikers go hand in hand with service and johnson and skuse have been defensive so wingers come narrow and strikers don't get a sniff of the ball, today proved a midfield change can make the difference, city first half

were frustrating no service or poor service, on comes marvin ''the guvnour'' elliott and change the game in an instant

and we score 4 he gets stuck in, goes foward at goal and passes the ball around well, we have missed him.

on another note i was impressed with skuse at right back fair play to him he played well.

i'm chuffed for maynard he needed a goal and he got one!!! city first half frustrating, 2nd half with marvin superb..

started like a house on fire, however he was starting to struggle towards the end, which is expected considering his time out, thankfully there is no midweek game, I'd imagine he will start and hopefully get about 60-70mins under his belt, he's such a vital player that we need to bring him back slowly

We all say Adebola is the reason we play long ball but when Marv came on we played a nice passing game. Is the real reason we play long ball because Marv controls the game and dictates tempo etc and encourages others to keep the ball on the ground. I don't know who got MOTM but he certainly was mine despite only playing 45 mins. He changed the entire game.

I agree. Elliott did change the game and hopefully now we can really get a grip on this season, Wolves are a bit scarey though!!! We have missed him so much. Welcome back Marvin!

Oh, and MOTM was Fontaine.

ME did more today in 45 mins than all the others did in 90! He was far away the best and most influential player on the pitch.

CW made a couple of good saves; LC was as steady as ever; LF becomes more and more assured with each match; LJ had his best game in months; CS was competent and assured, both in midfield and at right-back showing how useul it is to hold onto him; IS made some great breaks, but just needs to learn how to finish and cross and he'd be amazing; MM got two goals - what more more do you say about him; NM made some great runs and moves into position that rarely got noticed by his own team-mates and I think once they learn how he plays, he's going to score hatfulls.

Other than that, BO was caught out of position a number of times and made the most fouls in just 45 mins; JM didn't get forward and support enough; and the was pretty dire in the first half, only coming alive when the ball was played to feet rather than to his head - for a big bloke, he's rubbish at heading; LT made some lovely moves and it's great to watch him dictate the play, but he still loses it far too often; GW didn't get a chance to do much when he came on.

But for me, Marv is the king.

I was going to start a thread entitled "Marvin Elliott what a legend" until I saw you'd beaten me to it with your post above. We could have been 0-1 down in the first half but for Doncaster's crap finishing in front of our goal. Then on comes marvellous Marvin for the second half and he turned the game around for us. :winner_third_h4h:

A fit Skuse is no match for a fit Marv. However Skuse looks very tidy as a right back, remember he started his career as a defender. It is about time Orr had a proper battle for his place. I would start Skuse as RB and Marv in midfield fitness permitting at Wolves.

A fit Skuse is no match for a fit Marv. However Skuse looks very tidy as a right back, remember he started his career as a defender. It is about time Orr had a proper battle for his place. I would start Skuse as RB and Marv in midfield fitness permitting at Wolves.

In the immortal word of THE DAVROS, our Marvellous Marvin well and truely EXTERMINATED !!!!! Doncaster yesterday. :clapping:

Archived