IGNORED

Johnson Tackle

Will Rollason

Went in for a block in 2nd half and it echoed around the ground... I thought he'd exploded....

Johnson's going to get yer :winner_third_h4h: :winner_third_h4h:

He had a great game, but that tackle was load.. Everyone went aah.!!! luckily no harm to either players.

little lee was exceptional today :) and that tackle was one of quite a few and what a difference it makes. it feels so much better to be able to praise him for the basic skills in football getting frustrated by him bottling it :D I'm so glad

everyone performed today(except our bradders) was a joy to behold second half

must admit i didnt think we were 3 goals better than donny though

gotta take your chances :D

After criticising one or two of Johnsons appearances this season I am more than happy to point out that he was our best player today - the only one who didn't get sloppy first half and carried on the good work second half. And the bottling of tackles is hopefully a thing of the past now that he has stuck his leg into a few and come out unscathed. Well done LJ.

After criticising one or two of Johnsons appearances this season I am more than happy to point out that he was our best player today - the only one who didn't get sloppy first half and carried on the good work second half. And the bottling of tackles is hopefully a thing of the past now that he has stuck his leg into a few and come out unscathed. Well done LJ.

The guys behind me in the Dolman moaned about the guy all day.

Did make me laugh though , he was keeping possession at one point , standing on the ball taking time to find the CORRECT pass. Passes it to Maynard(might have been the McIndoe gal though),the guy behind me says "oohh great pass Johnson" - very sarcastically and we score. Needless to say I turned around arms in air and gave him a Paddington Bear stare.

I thought he was getting stuck in against Brum last Tuesday, especially in the second half.

Getting 'stuck in' does seem to be a new feature of LJ's game this season and the lack of same has been a frustrating part of his contribution in the past. We can't expect him to win much in the air for obvious reasons, but his new found tenacity on the ground may win over some of his doubters.

The noise created by the crunching tackle he made in the 2nd half today was quite unlike anything I've heard at AG. It sounded a like a bass drum being thumped in a cavern. There was a brief pause whilst we drew our breath, expecting to see a limb or two launched into orbit, but no, LJ was still in tact, darting about looking for the next opportunity to make his presence felt.

And another amusing moment today was when a Donny player was penalised for foot up in an encounter with LJ. The Donny player made an exaggerated nodding motion to the ref as if to intimate that LJ had lowered his head to 'win' the foul. I think we know that LJ didn't really need to do that, don't we?

Great season so far Lee. Getting 'stuck in' is a welcome addition.

The guys behind me in the Dolman moaned about the guy all day.

Did make me laugh though , he was keeping possession at one point , standing on the ball taking time to find the CORRECT pass. Passes it to Maynard(might have been the McIndoe gal though),the guy behind me says "oohh great pass Johnson" - very sarcastically and we score. Needless to say I turned around arms in air and gave him a Paddington Bear stare.

Glad to see LJ getting stuck in a bit more, most of our players do. No big deal.

What is a 'Paddington Bear Stare'? Never heard of it.

As a confirmed Little Lee critic, I must say I thought he played very well today. Even in the first half, when no-one looked especially 'on the ball', he was making most of the best passes and creating most of the best moves. That's his best game for a long time, and the first time for ages he's looked Championship quality.

I still thought we were lacking something in midfield, part of which was helped by the introduction of Super Marvin Elliott at half-time. Let's be honest, we would be nowhere without this guy, would we?

Archived