IGNORED

Referee Today

A Horse With No Name

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but I thought the ref today was excellent. I remember Mr. Singh from a few years ago as being very unsure of himself, and inconsistant. Today he had control of the game throughout, and was authoratative in his decisions, and let the game flow when it needed it, hence the foul just before the penalty.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but I thought the ref today was excellent. I remember Mr. Singh from a few years ago as being very unsure of himself, and inconsistant. Today he had control of the game throughout, and was authoratative in his decisions, and let the game flow when it needed it, hence the foul just before the penalty.

Ditto . i thought he was good.

I thought he was an extremely good referee, he kept the game going by playing advantage a lot and thats what we want to see

Guest wheres your caravan??

I thought the referee today was very inconsistant.

During the first half there were numerous occasions where we were breaking and our players were brought down and no card was given!!

Whereas Bradley was a little late on his first tackle in the middle of the pitch with Doncaster going no where and he books Orr!

Also Sullivan should have been off after bringing down Maynard!

Good game yes but wouldn't say he let the game flow. Very whistle happy imo. For example, think back to when Byfield was miles offside and he just flicked it, and it ran through to Weale. Instead of waving play on he made sure the free kick was taken. Only a little thing but just backing up my point...

Good game yes but wouldn't say he let the game flow. Very whistle happy imo. For example, think back to when Byfield was miles offside and he just flicked it, and it ran through to Weale. Instead of waving play on he made sure the free kick was taken. Only a little thing but just backing up my point...

Agree intiarly, execpt for the incident leading up to our penalty.

Whistle happy indeed.

I also heard a cry of ###### off for a curry, or along the lines of that in the Atyeo during the first half.

TBH it did make i laugh. :innocent06:

Whistle happy indeed.

I also heard a cry of ###### off for a curry, or along the lines of that in the Atyeo during the first half.

I sit in the Atyeo, and if I heard that I certainly wouldn't be laughing :protest:

Whistle happy indeed.

It's exactly that sort of comment that football is trying to rid itself of, so NO, I wouldn't have found it funny. Would it have been so funny if something similar had been aimed at Marvin?

I thought the referee today was very inconsistant.

During the first half there were numerous occasions where we were breaking and our players were brought down and no card was given!!

Whereas Bradley was a little late on his first tackle in the middle of the pitch with Doncaster going no where and he books Orr!

Also Sullivan should have been off after bringing down Maynard!

The Orr challenge was awful- went straight through him. Definate booking for me.

• SC&T Board Members

I also think he was excellent. May well have saved us from going down to 10 men by very sensibly talking to Louis (as captain) and clearly advising him that one more infringement from Bradley would result in him going off. Hence the half-time substitution. Many other refs would not have done that and simply shown Orr the red card the next time he committed a bad foul. And I agree, his first yellow was 100% a yellow.

He also played a good advantage in the move leading to the penalty where Marvin (I think) was fouled before the ball went through to Maynard.

It's exactly that sort of comment that football is trying to rid itself of, so NO, I wouldn't have found it funny. Would it have been so funny if something similar had been aimed at Marvin?

I didn't say it. Does it make me racist if i laughed along with many of fans?

Infact i found it funny that he actually had the bottle to say it, not the actual comment itself.

I totally agree, NOT funny at all ! :ranting:

the sort of comment is a little bit predictable, but nothing wrong it. I've heard worse and it would'nt offend me

Let me just interupt this 'Offical Love In' .....

............just say the Doncaster keeper would of saved the penalty and then they, bouyed by the save, would of gone on and won the game allied by some outstanding saves from the 'reprevied' keeper.

Then, I think, we maybe not reading such high reviews.

P.S. I like a curry.

Guest DR DICKNOSE
Yeah think he was alright today can be inconsistent but refereed well today.

thought the guy had a good game,it doesnt seem that anyone else noticed that when sullivan brought down maynard he wasnt the last man,

one of there defenders was running back near to the goal line,so was the correct decision.

however he did look the spitting image of england cricketer monty panesar!!!!

I sit in the Atyeo, and if I heard that I certainly wouldn't be laughing :protest:

why? don't you like Curry?

I can recommend the Balti Pies.....very good, that said I'd actually recommend you don't eat anything at the ground.

if you ever looking for a curry after the game, Al's Tikka Grill just down the road from the gate is very good.

An old boy behind me in the Atyeo was saying to his little lad, "Where do you think he's from? Do you think he's Irish? Go on, where's he from? You don't want to say do you?". I thought this poor little lad's getting TAUGHT how to be a racist. But fair play, he wouldn't get dragged into it.

Guest DR DICKNOSE
An old boy behind me in the Atyeo was saying to his little lad, "Where do you think he's from? Do you think he's Irish? Go on, where's he from? You don't want to say do you?". I thought this poor little lad's getting TAUGHT how to be a racist. But fair play, he wouldn't get dragged into it.

there are sikhs in ireland you know,or are you just too ignorant to believe this fact.

its people like you who are dragging the game back 20 years.

I agree with Kingpin, an excellent Referee that kept the game flowing. Mr Singh was a quality Referee today and even better is the fact that we won 4-1. :winner_third_h4h:

Nowt to do with the ref tbh, if Byfield had just left the ball then it would have run to Weale, but as it happend Byfield had to touch it and the linesman had to give offside because he was active - was Byfields fault and no-one elses!

Archived