IGNORED

Gerry Sweeney & Richard Latham

Testimonial

They are now "live" on Sportuk.tv with the After The Match debate held at the Three Lions in Bedminster. Half an hour of City chat recorded after the Doncaster game. Thanks to all those who turned up and took part. Please take a look - it is FREE !

http://www.sportuk.tv/pages/misc/080901_after_match.shtml

Nigel Turner

www.sportuk.tv

email:info@sportuk.tv

Very good start. I enjoyed it. Hope it get seen by a lot of people, and the programme is a big success. Well done to all involved.

Thanks Screech.

And I''l just add my thanks to everyone who turned out to support what we hope will be a regular event.

You were terrific.

Regards,

Mark Tovey

Really enjoyed it, the "advert break" from the Sponsor guy even made it feel like a TV show!

Some thoughts, the general background noise of the pub was sometimes drowning out the panel, you don't want to lose the buzz of the pub atmosphere after a big win, but maybe the sound balance needs to be turned down slightly.

Good debate, could have done with another half an hour.

Just being really picky but Gerry Sweeney said that only himself and Brian Drysdale were players "bought in" to form the promotion team of 1976 the rest being local lads (ie Collier/Merrick/Tainton/Cashley/Fear) and players brought in at a young age for no cost from the (mainly Scottish and a brummie) scouting system (Gow/Ritchie/Whitehead). But key players Paul Cheesely and Donnie Gillies commanded tranfer fees and Jimmy Mann was brought in from Leeds on a free transfer, and fringe player Micky Brolly also cost a fee.

I don't know why I quibble about these things :disapointed2se:, just surprised that he didn't remember that those player were purchased and it in fact takes the gloss of the sort of utopian point he is trying to make. To say that all but 2 players of a legendary promotion squad were brought up through the youth system would be quite a statement, but the reality is that the mix of purchased and "through the ranks" players was nearer 60/40 in favour of the youth system.

Excellent watch though! :englandsmile4wf:

Some interesting comments from Richard Latham regarding Nick Carle and Gavin Williams, thinks we are weaker and doesn't understand the transfer, if he doesn't get it, what chance do we stand

As you say, if Latham - with his links within the club - can't uncover the "real reason" for Carle's departure then we have no chance of finding out. It really does show just what control GJ has established on information coming out of AG (and that's a good thing, in my view so this isn't a criticism). It demonstrates a tight-knit dressing room and a team that respects and fears their manager in equal proportion.

I enjoyed the programme - congratulations to those responsible for it. The sound quality does need attention but I'm sure that's a teething problem which will be quickly overcome.

Archived