IGNORED

The Real Reason The Wolves

Never to the dark side

ITV west use to belly ache and complain that thier was insufficent

time to get the highlights tape back from Ashton Gate to the studio in time

to be edited in time for the local news.

As the facility for beaming the pictures straight back to the studios

from Ashton gate has been broken for some time.

So now the local news is going out at 6pm ish

Highlights are still not being shown

So next saturday after all you hoardes have returned from

Wolverhampton you should be able to see the victory over wolves

on the 5:30pm local news

I struggle to see the minnows of ITV West having the influence and sort of muscles flexed by Sky in having KO times altered. I`m still convinced it`s at the behest of the local Gestapo.

PDG

The police requested the earlier kickoff, because of "something else going on in Birmingham later in the afternoon".

What it amounts to is they don't want a repeat of last year when hundreds of City fans had the cheek to arrive on the train mostly by 11.30 and drink in the so-called Wolves pubs. Apparently the local Wolves boys thought that was most underhanded, "taking" their pubs when they were empty, so the police took the law into their own hands and threw the peaceable City fans out of the Wetherspoon pub, thus re-claiming it for the Wolves boys.

This year all pubs within walking distance of Molineux will be closed until an hour after the game has ended.

"Problem" solved.

The police requested the earlier kickoff, because of "something else going on in Birmingham later in the afternoon".

What it amounts to is they don't want a repeat of last year when hundreds of City fans had the cheek to arrive on the train mostly by 11.30 and drink in the so-called Wolves pubs. Apparently the local Wolves boys thought that was most underhanded, "taking" their pubs when they were empty, so the police took the law into their own hands and threw the peaceable City fans out of the Wetherspoon pub, thus re-claiming it for the Wolves boys.

This year all pubs within walking distance of Molineux will be closed until an hour after the game has ended.

"Problem" solved.

The conservative party conference is on in Brum and Villa are at home so the police wanted the early kick off. I'm sure they wanted to bring it forward to stop so many city fans making the trip to Wolves as well though.

The conservative party conference is on in Brum and Villa are at home so the police wanted the early kick off. I'm sure they wanted to bring it forward to stop so many city fans making the trip to Wolves as well though.

The Wolves game wont finish till the time the Villa game kicks off at 3pm.

So by the time the WMP on duty at Wolves got over to Villa, it would be half-time. They clearly wont be on duty at Villa.

Therefore the Villa match has nothing to do with it.

Similarly, by the time the WMP on duty at Wolves have done their stint at Molineux, I find it highly unlikely they will have much if anything to do with the conservative conference.

I may be cynical, though with good reason given experiences over the past couple of seasons, but IMO the reason they have given is just an excuse, to the inconvenience of both City and Wolves fans.

Archived