IGNORED

Season Tickets

sephjnr

I am currently in my last year as a UWE student and am looking to scrape some money for a season ticket. One problem- My course finishes this summer and from August onward my status changes from "student" to "unemployed" :D

What I'm asking is- can I still obtain (and maintain) a student season ticket under the premise that I AM STILL A STUDENT AS OF THIS PRECISE MOMENT, or will I be disqualified from this under the premise I won't be a student when the season starts?

(proably the latter, but if someone can please tell me I'd feel better. Cheers in advance.)

If you were to renew your ticket now at the reduced rates, as you are still currently a student, I don't see how there would be any problem in you qualifing for the student ticket.

As for the price difference, I know what you mean. I now have to pay for an adult ticket as I no longer qualify for the under 19 one. The difference is about twice as much :D .

If you were to renew your ticket now at the reduced rates, as you are still currently a student, I don't see how there would be any problem in you qualifing for the student ticket.

As for the price difference, I know what you mean. I now have to pay for an adult ticket as I no longer qualify for the under 19 one. The difference is about twice as much  :D .

Not sure about that one.

I think that, officially, you have to still be a Student on the 1st August. If you are buying an U-16 or U19 one, you only qualify if you are below those ages on that particular date so I am guessing the student one is the same.

Was about to post a similar thread although the opposite scenario!! I'm going to be a student in Plymuff(God help me!!)but don't start until September; any ideas if I'll be eligible for the student rate as technically I will be a student for the next year?! Can't afford the Adult-Price what with the travelling to and from Ply-muff every other week!!

We have to go up this season..don't think I could go to Plymuff if they're in Division One and we're not!! You're sister is your Mother and all that....!!

Was about to post a similar thread although the opposite scenario!!  I'm going to be a student in Plymuff(God help me!!)but don't start until September; any ideas if I'll be eligible for the student rate as technically I will be a student for the next year?!  Can't afford the Adult-Price what with the travelling to and from Ply-muff every other week!!

We have to go up this season..don't think I could go to Plymuff if they're in Division One and we're not!!  You're sister is your Mother and all that....!!

I had exactly the same problem last season.

Take your UCAS letter, showing you have been offered a place at uni, to the ticket office and they will let you buy a ST at the student rate or at least they did me!

Technically no, but I'm sure if you were to purchase a season ticket as soon as possible, they would only ask for your NUS card as proof - I can't see them asking for details of when your course begins/ends?

No, they are much stricter than that, especially considering you can buy NUS cards off the net.

You have to show a letter from your uni/college proving you are a FT student to get a Student season ticket but if you buy tickets match by mtach an NUS card is ok! :D

Thanks!! Hopefully they'll see sense and let me use a UCAS letter or something!! Can't see them making me have to wait until I have an NUS Card-would have to pay full price for tickets about 5 times before that!! Let's hope it's in Division One though otherwise the joys of Doncaster, Hull, Bradford and Torquay await(God no!)!!

You have to show a letter from your uni/college proving you are a FT student to get a Student season ticket but if you buy tickets match by mtach an NUS card is ok!  :D
I did the first time. Every subsequent time a NUS card has sufficed.

As regards match tickets, half the time I don't even need to show my NUS card or season ticket! :dunno:

No, they are much stricter than that, especially considering you can buy NUS cards off the net.

You have to show a letter from your uni/college proving you are a FT student to get a Student season ticket but if you buy tickets match by mtach an NUS card is ok! :D

They have never asked me for anything. and i have had a st since i was about 14. I didn't need a letter to proove that i was going to be a student, they seemed to just accept it.

But as an aside what am i supposed to take as proof of full time education ? i'm in my first year of uni at the moment, and i don't exactly have a little sign saying i will still be a student next year ? So what exactly do they want.

Archived