IGNORED

Worried About Mccallister On Saturday

punnett

against probably the best right-winger in the division in Kightley, McCallisters severe lack of pace always concerns me against an out and out pacey winger but not sure there is much we can do about it as we have no real alternative to him, same sort of problem on the other wing with Jarvis but a few more options for us there.

To be fair i think that part of the problem McAllister has is that he's often left isolated on the left hand side.

McIndoe is always drifting across the pitch, and while this obviously works for HIM, it means McAllister has a lot of work to do.

Maybe, if we are worried about the threat down the right, it would make sense to get MM to stick to the left hand side of the field ?

against probably the best right-winger in the division in Kightley, McCallisters severe lack of pace always concerns me against an out and out pacey winger but not sure there is much we can do about it as we have no real alternative to him, same sort of problem on the other wing with Jarvis but a few more options for us there.

If Marvin plays, they're wingers won't see much of the ball anyway!

Can't the link between McIndoe drifting inside, and the alleged pumping of the ball forward by McCallister be seen.

When full backs, or any back four player for that matter, have possession in the defensive third they have to rely on team mates to make themselves available, in space, in order to move the ball forward without the threat of loosing possession. This is often achieved by players forming triangles.

All to often, and not only this season, City players have not supported the player with the ball, in this position, very well. Hence the all to often long ball. I am not a great admirer of Bradley Orr as a full back but have some sympathy when he has to wellie it forward.

Of course there's always the option of dribbling your way out of trouble!

And people think Orr's distribution is better??!! I'm sorry but No on that one. We should be more concerned with Orr if he plays saturday rather than McAllister who I personally rate very highly. McAllister brings us natural width, looks comfortable on the ball, does put some goods ball in and always put his body on the line for the team. True he makes mistakes but don't they all???!! I'm sure if Johnson wasnt convinced by him in over the 2/3 years we have had him then he would of been replaced or even a left back brought in to challenge him......but that hasnt happened.

And people think Orr's distribution is better??!! I'm sorry but No on that one. We should be more concerned with Orr if he plays saturday rather than McAllister who I personally rate very highly. McAllister brings us natural width, looks comfortable on the ball, does put some goods ball in and always put his body on the line for the team. True he makes mistakes but don't they all???!! I'm sure if Johnson wasnt convinced by him in over the 2/3 years we have had him then he would of been replaced or even a left back brought in to challenge him......but that hasnt happened.

Orr has overtaken him. He has dratically improved, whereas JM seems to be past it.. thats going by his poor start to this season and the fact he looked out of his depth at times last season. It also doesnt help that we have no real competition for his place.

If Jamie Mc was of the required standard he'd be in the Scotland squad. If you look at the two ahead of him (Naismith, Alexander), they're proven not good enough for the Premier League anymore IMO

He's one of ooh about 17 first team players who need replacing if we go up.

But we're not up.

It's Wolves.

All of players are capable of turning them over and keeping the players they have quiet. My worry for this match is that we're going to have to perform for 60+ minutes for the first time this season and we've seemed incaple so far of this.

Very true sir. Bradley used to be the main offender but McAllister seems to have picked up the baton these days.

Thats only because he hasnt had a left midfielder playing in front of him with Mccindoe tucking in, Mcallister is a CLASS ACT, not many get the better of him, sweetest left foot in the championship.

Can't the link between McIndoe drifting inside, and the alleged pumping of the ball forward by McCallister be seen.

When full backs, or any back four player for that matter, have possession in the defensive third they have to rely on team mates to make themselves available, in space, in order to move the ball forward without the threat of loosing possession.

There's nothing alleged about it, the only time McAllister looks confident in playing a short ball is if he's been pulled into the oppositions half for a throw in or if we are 4-1 up. Your second point however is valid players do have to make themselves available and Mcindoe doesn't make things easy but Lee Johnson is there. Some people think he is there to link our defense to midfield to fowards, so why is McAllister bypassing him?

Thats only because he hasnt had a left midfielder playing in front of him with Mccindoe tucking in, Mcallister is a CLASS ACT, not many get the better of him, sweetest left foot in the championship.

I'm undecided I'm afraid, I think in time we will spot someone better. However he does his job well for city at the moment

Got to say, I don't specifically remember McAllister getting torn apart by Kightly at Molineux last season.

Pretty sure Kightly didn't play in that game, he was injured for the first 5/6 months of the season, probably why Wolves didn't kick on until he was back, i don't have a problem with J Mac except for his severe lack of pace, remember him having to be taken off in the 1st game of the season against QPR because of the pacey winger and the Norwich winger (Croft?) gave him a torrid time when he came on at AG

Probably why Terry Butcher has been scouting McAllister recently for the Scottish national squad.

has he actually been scouting him though? he happened to be at the Brum game most likely to watch James McFadden and the question was answered in a very non-comital way.

as said later in the thread, he's a younger yet more experienced Gary Naysmith infront of him for Scotland so unlikely to be much more than cover.

Personally I'd imagine he end up staying as a one cap wonder.

Ok player at this level, but at 30 isn't getting younger and is in a position that will need a younger long term replacement before long.

Direct comment from Terry Butcher - if there were no attributable comments, then it would probably be paper talk to fill up columns, so no reason to doubt it. McFadden would undoubtedly be watched as well.

McAllister could still do a good squad job for Scotland and it wouldn't surprise me if he got a call up.

He's good enough.

More than good enough.

IMO he isvery underated and has great technical ability.

He's very professional and experienced. No need to worry.

To be honest i think he'll be fine, he was fine especially considering how isolated he was against Birmingham against players every bit as good as Kightly, so frankly i'm not worried at all about Mcallister. I am worried about the central midfield or lack there of we saw right through the Birmingham game and for the first half against Donny until Elliot came on.

Archived