IGNORED

Parking And Beers In Wolverhampton

redsince82

So.... what is the general advice about saturday?? is there a "safe" car park that we should be using on saturday? hopefully one near an establishment that serves beverages of the alcoholic type. If anyone has any advice, please help. At the moment i,m taking pot luck and will probably end up in a boozer full of wolves fans!!!

So.... what is the general advice about saturday?? is there a "safe" car park that we should be using on saturday? hopefully one near an establishment that serves beverages of the alcoholic type. If anyone has any advice, please help. At the moment i,m taking pot luck and will probably end up in a boozer full of wolves fans!!!

You wont end up in any boozer mate, there all shut,

You're going to be hard pushed to get a beer anyway with such an early kick off however, as an

ex pat who now lives here I would suggest the following.

Steer clear of all pubs near the ground, they're all 'wolves' pubs and best avoided or as the previous

poster said will be closed.

Leave M5 at J6 and follow the A449, this will take you straight into Wolverhampton.

About half a mile after the 'Welcome to Wolverhampton/Black Country' sign you will pass 'The Hollybush' on the left, the Rose and Crown on the right and The Roebuck (my local) on the the left (they will all be open). First two usually full of kids, Roebuck full of old men like me but beer is OK and locals are friendly.

You are now about 2/3 miles from the ground, to be honest you're better off leaving the car in the pub car park and getting a taxi to get you as close as possible to the ground £5/6 at most. Local cab firm number - ABC cabs = 01902 333333

Parking is a nightmare and town is completely clogged up after the match. Walk to railway station or town (both 5 mins from ground) after match and get taxi to take you back to the Roebuck on the Penn road.

Have a good day and behave yourselves in my local.

You're going to be hard pushed to get a beer anyway with such an early kick off however, as an

Steer clear of all pubs near the ground, they're all 'wolves' pubs and best avoided or as the previous

Leave M5 at J6 and follow the A449, this will take you straight into Wolverhampton.

About half a mile after the 'Welcome to Wolverhampton/Black Country' sign you will pass 'The Hollybush' on the left, the Rose and Crown on the right and The Roebuck (my local) on the the left (they will all be open). First two usually full of kids, Roebuck full of old men like me but beer is OK and locals are friendly.

You are now about 2/3 miles from the ground, to be honest you're better off leaving the car in the pub car park and getting a taxi to get you as close as possible to the ground £5/6 at most. Local cab firm number - ABC cabs = 01902 333333

Parking is a nightmare and town is completely clogged up after the match. Walk to railway station or town (both 5 mins from ground) after match and get taxi to take you back to the Roebuck on the Penn road.

What a helpful man, shame there arn'nt more people like you around. :winner_third_h4h:

Bostin ar kid :D

Me and 6 mates going to take your advice.

1) What time your local open?

2) Do they do 'Bonks's mild?'

3) Really hope you aint one of those spotty black country aggro types luring wurzels into an ambush, where you rob us of our stylish clobber the likes of which will not be seen in Wolverhampton till about 3 years time!!

4) Hope 3 not true as we are looking forward to a nice pint and some peaceful prematch banter!!

Bostin ar kid :D

Me and 6 mates going to take your advice.

1) What time your local open?

2) Do they do 'Bonks's mild?'

3) Really hope you aint one of those spotty black country aggro types luring wurzels into an ambush, where you rob us of our stylish clobber the likes of which will not be seen in Wolverhampton till about 3 years time!!

4) Hope 3 not true as we are looking forward to a nice pint and some peaceful prematch banter!!

1. Not sure, think about 11.00am but will check for you

2. Yes but the bitter is better.

3. Been a red for 40 years, saw the great John Atyeo play alongside the likes of Brian Clark, Gerry Sharpe,

Jack Connor, Gibbo, Jantzen Derrick etc etc. No spotty Black Country aggro type would know of such names.

Hope that puts your mind at rest. Also suspect your stylish clobber won't be seen in Wolves for at least 10 years!

We've only just got 'electrickery' up here.

Like I said, hope you have a good day, shame I can't join you. I'd like to think it works out well but Wolves are on fire at the moment, a point would be a good result.

1. Not sure, think about 11.00am but will check for you

2. Yes but the bitter is better.

3. Been a red for 40 years, saw the great John Atyeo play alongside the likes of Brian Clark, Gerry Sharpe,

Jack Connor, Gibbo, Jantzen Derrick etc etc. No spotty Black Country aggro type would know of such names.

Hope that puts your mind at rest. Also suspect your stylish clobber won't be seen in Wolves for at least 10 years!

We've only just got 'electrickery' up here.

Like I said, hope you have a good day, shame I can't join you. I'd like to think it works out well but Wolves are on fire at the moment, a point would be a good result.

Cheers mate :winner_third_h4h: I'll let you know how the beer was and I also have a sneaking feeling we're going to do more than get a point. We'll show all due respect in your local and thanks again.

Cheers fella, thats all very helpful. If all else fails i will take your advice. I presume there will be a few cider 'eads all looking to get together for a quick pre match bevvie, so is anyone else planning on meeting in a certain pub? or is it a case of just going with the flow and seeing what there is once we get there?

Cheers fella, thats all very helpful. If all else fails i will take your advice. I presume there will be a few cider 'eads all looking to get together for a quick pre match bevvie, so is anyone else planning on meeting in a certain pub? or is it a case of just going with the flow and seeing what there is once we get there?

Reckon the Roebuck mentioned above will be a good bet, get in early ,quick slurp or two,bit of banter then on to the game before West mids OB turn up!!!!

:winner_third_h4h:

Archived