IGNORED

Over Flow...the Logic

TRUEBRIT66

Really struggle with the logic behind the EE overflow.....Went down for four tickets against Birmingham for the EE and told "not until the rest of the ground is sold out" fine understand that.

So ask for tickets for the Atyeo "sorry no blocks of four and only restricted seating" "sorry not paying £100 to have the family split up and have a pillar in front of me, can I have EE please"......."No".

Go back the following day same again, phone the ticket office on the afternoon, same response again so I ask "when is the overflow open" response "how longs a piece of string" same evening BCFC website reports the EE is open :noexpression:

I want to attend the Plymouth game and the same is happening no EE until the rest of the ground is sold out, why not just open the EE for general sale the same time as the rest of the ground. Makes no sense and surely there is potential for financial loss.

Why dear god...WHY ?

Really struggle with the logic behind the EE overflow.....Went down for four tickets against Birmingham for the EE and told "not until the rest of the ground is sold out" fine understand that.

So ask for tickets for the Atyeo "sorry no blocks of four and only restricted seating" "sorry not paying £100 to have the family split up and have a pillar in front of me, can I have EE please"......."No".

Go back the following day same again, phone the ticket office on the afternoon, same response again so I ask "when is the overflow open" response "how longs a piece of string" same evening BCFC website reports the EE is open :noexpression:

I want to attend the Plymouth game and the same is happening no EE until the rest of the ground is sold out, why not just open the EE for general sale the same time as the rest of the ground. Makes no sense and surely there is potential for financial loss.

Why dear god...WHY ?

I can see your point, i have had this problem many times and have know givin up speaking to the clowns in the ticket office.

Luckily me and seven others have had a S/T in the EE since it was officially re opened so for us its not a problem, but inviting along other friends and family in there is a complete joke.

Its like you have to guess wetaher it is open or not, the club also like to keep very hush untill the very last minute.

The simple fact is the club and SL in all honesty don't want it open at all but as we have ganied promotion Lansdown has had no choice but to open it for finacial gain.

The simple soloution would be to treat it like the Dolman Williams and Ateyo and open it pay on the day regardless of weather the other stands have sold out, but i cant see this happening as the club seem to have something gainst pay on the day fans wishing to go in there.

I can see your point, i have had this problem many times and have know givin up speaking to the clowns in the ticket office.

Luckily me and seven others have had a S/T in the EE since it was officially re opened so for us its not a problem, but inviting along other friends and family in there is a complete joke.

As there is a lot of room for "bring a friend" in the East End on a first come first served basis this is utterly ludicrous.

I think you may well find that the opening of the EE for overflow, is not totally in the clubs hands. If you read what is said about the EE they seem to be governed by the Police and Council. The Club opened up the EE after some pressure from the Supporters trust and fans. The number that was allowed in to start with was I believe 1000, this has now been increased I believe. However I would'nt be surprised if they don't have to show the powers that be that they need the overflow. There are still problems from whats said with the EE the major issue seems to be standing. I personnely see no problem with this. I do however feel that when they use the fact that standing in the EE could cause the licencing authority to reduce the numbers or close it, that more effort should be made to implement these rules on the away support. They seem to be able to get away with this when the home fans can't. Sorry about the waffel, but it may well not be the Clubs fault when it comes to releasing EE overflow seats.

I think you may well find that the opening of the EE for overflow, is not totally in the clubs hands. If you read what is said about the EE they seem to be governed by the Police and Council. The Club opened up the EE after some pressure from the Supporters trust and fans. The number that was allowed in to start with was I believe 1000, this has now been increased I believe. However I would'nt be surprised if they don't have to show the powers that be that they need the overflow. There are still problems from whats said with the EE the major issue seems to be standing. I personnely see no problem with this. I do however feel that when they use the fact that standing in the EE could cause the licencing authority to reduce the numbers or close it, that more effort should be made to implement these rules on the away support. They seem to be able to get away with this when the home fans can't. Sorry about the waffel, but it may well not be the Clubs fault when it comes to releasing EE overflow seats.

Hi

Probably the case just not logical, 19k+ capacity and the club require council/police permission to open an increase capacity in an area of the ground already occupied and plenty of room available :noexpression: .

Does that mean when we get our new 30k+ stadium we will be restricted unless the council/police give the OK, is there any point :surrender: ?

Regards

The logic is that everyone in a position of power and authority - the clubs, the police, the councils - are intent on making life as uncomfortable and miserable for ordinary football fans as possible.

- EE tickets cant be sold until other stands sold out

- police ordering the Wolves ko time to be 12.30

- police closing the pubs at Wolves before and after the game

- Southampton wouldnt sell more tickets to City fans last season even though 8,000 empty seats

- the Standing Up is Dangerous and Bad for your Health decree

- Big flag in EE no longer allowed because it is not "fire retardent"

- Not allowed to wear football shirts - at a football match, for fucs sake - in the Premier Seating

- Anti civil liberties "bubble" matches

- Refusing choice of seats at the Wembley play-off final

The list is endless.

Against that background, I think the objective of the club/police/council is very nicely achieved and, therefore, is perfectly logical.

The logic is that everyone in a position of power and authority - the clubs, the police, the councils - are intent on making life as uncomfortable and miserable for ordinary football fans as possible.

- Southampton wouldnt sell more tickets to City fans last season even though 8,000 empty seats

- Not allowed to wear football shirts - at a football match, for fucs sake - in the Premier Seating

The list is endless.

Against that background, I think the objective of the club/police/council is very nicely achieved and, therefore, is perfectly logical.

Big flag in EE no longer allowed because it is not "fire retardent"

Is that a joke?

This has been a contentious issue since the start, the main factor when there was only 242 st holders was "trouble" when the stand was on overflow as any "Tom, d###, or Harry" could get in. Now the best way to manage the stand was to have the "details" of everyone in there. This is where the logic disappears , the club granted us 1,000 St's which sold out very quickly so a further 200 were made available which also sold out very fast.

The club informs us that with a maximum away allocation of 2,000 and the obligatory segregation the maximum home allocation is 1,800, this is because the away supporters refuse to use A block in the EE (next to the entrance tunnel by the Williams stand" as the area is uncovered and the view is crap as every one walks in front of you when they go to the shop or toilet. There is also a further 200 + seats the club wont to sell as the view is completely restricted.

Why the club refuse to sell the EE out completely to st holders is beyond me , I'm sure the other 600 tickets would of sold out and this whole "overflow" situation would of been put to bed.

We also must be one of the only clubs in the league to put away fans first , just tell em where there going and thats it!!

The list is endless.

Yes, guess your right . Only industry I can think of where you get treated like crap from start to finish and pay handsomly for the privelage.

Why do we bother..........Saturday result answers that perhaps :chant6ez:

This has been a contentious issue since the start, the main factor when there was only 242 st holders was "trouble" when the stand was on overflow as any "Tom, d###, or Harry" could get in. Now the best way to manage the stand was to have the "details" of everyone in there. This is where the logic disappears , the club granted us 1,000 St's which sold out very quickly so a further 200 were made available which also sold out very fast.

The club informs us that with a maximum away allocation of 2,000 and the obligatory segregation the maximum home allocation is 1,800, this is because the away supporters refuse to use A block in the EE (next to the entrance tunnel by the Williams stand" as the area is uncovered and the view is crap as every one walks in front of you when they go to the shop or toilet. There is also a further 200 + seats the club wont to sell as the view is completely restricted.

Why the club refuse to sell the EE out completely to st holders is beyond me , I'm sure the other 600 tickets would of sold out and this whole "overflow" situation would of been put to bed.

We also must be one of the only clubs in the league to put away fans first , just tell em where there going and thats it!!

Why can't the 600 spaces be sold as bring a friend on a first come first served basis?

££££££..right, now I've got your attention Mr Sexstone.

Sir, you are losing bag fulls of money. I want to stand (sorry, sit) in the East End. I am a Member, so you have all my details and assume, if I sneeze in the direction of the opposition supporters, could have my card withdrawn. So why don't you allow me - and provide further incentivisation for people to purchase a membership card - to buy an EE ticket in advance?

As it stands, I'm now waiting until after the Wolves match for the overflow to be opened. OK a bit of a part-time supporter now (but it's a 200 mile round trip), but if City lose heavily on Saturday, I probably won't make the effort. Whereas, if I'd bought my ticket in advance, I'd be committed and you'd have my money already.

One for the Supporters Trust to take up?

Why dear god...WHY ?

The E.E is alledgedly a very dangerous place to go and is full of mad dogs and Englishmen; its the clubs duty to protect the masses from them; only allowing access as a last resort :disapointed2se:

I'm sure after the extra 200 season tickets were sold in the east end Landsdown or Sexstone said they could'nt sell any more due to the away allocation for cup games needs to be above the 2000 given for league games

I'm sure after the extra 200 season tickets were sold in the east end Landsdown or Sexstone said they could'nt sell any more due to the away allocation for cup games needs to be above the 2000 given for league games

The allocation for cup games under FA rules is 15% of capacity and can be less e.g Spurs got 6000 at Old Trafford.

Archived