IGNORED

Asda Next To Wolves

ben91tucker

Having used this car park a couple of times whilst working in the area, the car park is indeed monitered, and there is a 2 hr (i think!) limit. Its like a regular pay and display, if you actually go into asda and buy something, you can claim your parking fee back.

But every time i have been there, there are 1 or 2 full time staff making logs of what cars are thhere and what time they arrived. Like the previous poster said, Asda are a big ole company and if they can make an extra £40.00 quid by charging people for using thier car park, they will. Its a lot like Bedminster in that respect, i know i am not the only one to have used the supermarket car park for "free" to then receive a fine in the post!!

Having used this car park a couple of times whilst working in the area, the car park is indeed monitered, and there is a 2 hr (i think!) limit. Its like a regular pay and display, if you actually go into asda and buy something, you can claim your parking fee back.

But every time i have been there, there are 1 or 2 full time staff making logs of what cars are thhere and what time they arrived. Like the previous poster said, Asda are a big ole company and if they can make an extra £40.00 quid by charging people for using thier car park, they will. Its a lot like Bedminster in that respect, i know i am not the only one to have used the supermarket car park for "free" to then receive a fine in the post!!

Is that true?

We have just started using it after the police clamp down around the Park and Ride!! We don't get in car park till about 2.50pm and out by 5pm, so pretty close to the 2 hours limit... can I expect something winging its way to me!? :crying:

Yes it really did happen. I parked my car in the Aldi (or is it Lidl??) on north street, at 1.45, met up with some mates, watched the game, enjoyed a post match shandy in The Tobacco Factory and collected my car. Everyone warned me that i would get a ticket, but when i got back to my car there was nothing on it, Hurrah i thought.

2 weeks later i got a letter from the parking management company that run that certain car park with a £40.00 fine. With the letter were 2 photos, one of me entering the car park (with the time on it) and one of me driving out. (also timed)

Yes i probably could have argued the point, but as i see it, there are many signs stating the rules, it is technically private land and i was aware of this when i parked there, so i got caught and they did exactly what they warned me they were going to do. Fair cop.

Now i park for free, around the corner and all i have to do is walk an extra 800 yds to the game.

Archived