IGNORED

Adrian Boothroyd

JudgeRed

Watford boss Aidy Boothroyd is hit with an FA charge in the wake of his side's controversial draw with Reading.

This is proof the FA are out of touch with football & the real world.

They employ a referee & assitant who can not tell the differance between a goal and a ball going 2 feet wide of the goal. Then they fine (Any excuse to grab more money) the manager who appeals & who was stating the obvious.

WHATS A BUNCH OF ****'S

Watford boss Aidy Boothroyd is hit with an FA charge in the wake of his side's controversial draw with Reading.

This is proof the FA are out of touch with football & the real world.

They employ a referee & assitant who can not tell the differance between a goal and a ball going 2 feet wide of the goal. Then they fine (Any excuse to grab more money) the manager who appeals & who was stating the obvious.

WHATS A BUNCH OF ****'S

Whatever the situation there's no reason to openly abuse the referee, especially after when you've calmed down you've even admitted it's not his fault...

Watford boss Aidy Boothroyd on Reading's opening goal:

"I've never seen anything like it. It's like a UFO landing, a mistake like that.

"I've been to see the referee and, in fairness, he's only going on what the linesman says.

"He's working in a team and, if someone comes in his ear telling him it's a goal, I suppose he's got to give it."

He absolutely 100% deserves the charge of aiming abusive and/or insulting words towards referee Stuart Attwell if he did it.

Whatever the situation there's no reason to openly abuse the referee, especially after when you've calmed down you've even admitted it's not his fault...

Watford boss Aidy Boothroyd on Reading's opening goal:

"I've never seen anything like it. It's like a UFO landing, a mistake like that.

"I've been to see the referee and, in fairness, he's only going on what the linesman says.

"He's working in a team and, if someone comes in his ear telling him it's a goal, I suppose he's got to give it."

He absolutely 100% deserves the charge of aiming abusive and/or insulting words towards referee Stuart Attwell if he did it.

And what punishment is Stuart Attlwell & his assistant for acting like complete buffoon's? A slap on the wrist's they have combined to confirm what the rest of the world has known all along that the FA are a complete joke as an organisation for employing such twits.

They have combined to make one of the biggest mistakes in the history of football & as far as i know have got away with it. Action against them should be taken & made public. Just like it has be done against Adrian Boothroyd.

And what punishment is Stuart Attlwell & his assistant for acting like complete buffoon's? A slap on the wrist's they have combined to confirm what the rest of the world has known all along that the FA are a complete joke as an organisation for employing such twits.

They have combined to make one of the biggest mistakes in the history of football & as far as i know have got away with it. Action against them should be taken & made public. Just like it has be done against Adrian Boothroyd.

What's Attwell done wrong?

And see wait and see what happens to the linesman.

What's Attwell done wrong?

And see wait and see what happens to the linesman.

Attwell was the referee correct. He was looking at one angle of play while the assistant was looking at the side angle of play. 2 different angles. Surely Attwell (Looking strait on towards goal) could see the ball was wide of the goal post. While the linesman would see from the side ways angle if the ball was over the line.

The only way Attwell can escape the wrath is if he says his eye site was blocked by players around him.

At the time of play Reading players did not even raise there arms to celebrate scoring a goal or claim that they had scored a goal.

It was a Reading player hooking the ball OFF!! the line to prevent the ball going out for a goal kick. So why would he be hooking the ball AWAY!!! from the goal line???? If it was going in???

It just does not make any sence at all.

Attwell was the referee correct. He was looking at one angle of play while the assistant was looking at the side angle of play. 2 different angles. Surely Attwell (Looking strait on towards goal) could see the ball was wide of the goal post. While the linesman would see from the side ways angle if the ball was over the line.

The only way Attwell can escape the wrath is if he says his eye site was blocked by players around him.

At the time of play Reading players did not even raise there arms to celebrate scoring a goal or claim that they had scored a goal.

It was a Reading player hooking the ball OFF!! the line to prevent the ball going out for a goal kick. So why would he be hooking the ball AWAY!!! from the goal line???? If it was going in???

It just does not make any sence at all.

No the decision was absurd, noone's going to argue that!

There is no justification for swearing/abusing at Attwell.

I've only seen the incident once or twice a week ago, but depending on the referee he could have instructed the assistant to watch for balls going over the goal line whilst he focused on purely watching the players in the area for pushing and other infringements.

Contrary to popular belief, a referee is a mere human being and can only look in one place at a time.

Guest MaloneFM

I blame the linesman.

He's in line and he gave it. If the referee was in any doubt he can overrule the linesman assistant. As it stands he was happy with the verdict from someone who was in line with the where the ball crossed.

Concerning the language in the heat of the moment it was justified. The FA should take into consideration the unique situation and let him off with a warning regarding further conduct. Steve 'personality' Coppell was happy to replay the game in a gesture of common sense but those in power with one eye open thought it a bad idea.

Because?

Sean St Ledger went to the referee last week as said that there was no headbutt from Chris Iwelumo. If anyone was close enough it was him. Chris Iwelumo is still banned.

The disciplinary panel of the FA is full of holes and this is just another one.

Archived