IGNORED

Mcindoe - Best All Rounder In A Generation?

SnozRobin

Whilst Marvin Elliot is undoubtedly a key player for us and a tremendous asset, I am convinced that Michael Mcindoe is our best all-round player and the single biggest reason for our success in the Championship.

1) Scores goals (inside box, outside box and with his head)

2) Creates goals

3) Threat from free kicks/set pieces

4) Amazing fitness - real box-to-box player who never gives up

5) Motivational - obvious he hates losing and has a great fighting spirit

I am amazed he's not got into the Scotland squad and am sure he could do a decent job in the prem.

He's certainly the best winger I've seen down the Gate in 20 years and quite possibly the best all-round player too - I'm struggling to think of any better....?

Whilst Marvin Elliot is undoubtedly a key player for us and a tremendous asset, I am convinced that Michael Mcindoe is our best all-round player and the single biggest reason for our success in the Championship.

2) Creates goals

I am amazed he's not got into the Scotland squad and am sure he could do a decent job in the prem.

He's certainly the best winger I've seen down the Gate in 20 years and quite possibly the best all-round player too - I'm struggling to think of any better....?

Junior Bent :noexpression:

But seriously, I do think he is a MAJOR part of our squad! Best all rounder in a generation? um, I've got to disagree.

Michael McIndoe is a Lada compared to the Ferrari that is Michael Kightly. Hell, Matt Jarvis is a Mondeo.

Kightly is quality - i'll give you that one, not so sure about jarvis. But I'm not surprised how well you did with macca & Kightly when you had them for half a season. IF we had kightly i'm sure we'd p!ss on this league!!

2) Creates goals

Not sure he's an all round player... not sure i've seen him win a tackle (like sproule) or won anything in the air either....

other than that I agree with the rest of what you say!

Kightly is quality - i'll give you that one, not so sure about jarvis. But I'm not surprised how well you did with macca & Kightly when you had them for half a season. IF we had kightly i'm sure we'd p!ss on this league!!

Yes - Kightly is definitely quality, but when you sling as many millions around as Wolves have over the last few years, you're bound to stumble across the odd decent player.

Yes - Kightly is definitely quality, but when you sling as many millions around as Wolves have over the last few years, you're bound to stumble across the odd decent player.

Our team tomorrow

Ikeme - £0

Foley - £600k

Ward - £150k

Stearman - £1.6m

Collins - £100k

Kightly - £25k

Henry - £100k

Jones - £1m

Jarvis - £600k

Keogh - £600k

Ebanks - £1.5m

Jones and Stearman were bought in the Summer. What did you pay for Nicky Maynard?

Our team tomorrow

Ikeme - £0

Foley - £600k

Ward - £150k

Stearman - £1.6m

Collins - £100k

Kightly - £25k

Henry - £100k

Jones - £1m

Jarvis - £600k

Keogh - £600k

Ebanks - £1.5m

Jones and Stearman were bought in the Summer. What did you pay for Nicky Maynard?

yours - £6.275m

Ours....

Weale - FREE

Orr - Free

Carey - Free

Fontaine - £50k

McAllister - £100k

Williams - £100k

Elliott - £100k

Johnson - Free

McIndoe - £500k

Maynard £2.25m

Adebola - £300k

£3.4m

I 'll let you do the rest, your lot have been throwing around crazy money for years, we have just spent alot on ONE player, apart from Maynard our team cost peanuts.

Our team cost 84% more than yours. I'd say that is about right as we are 84% better.

Yet you returned 3% less points than us last season.

Not doubting you have a very good squad, but it's all about producing consistently over a season, not over 7 games.

2) Creates goals

Well, from all the points you mentioned I would say that the best all rounder we have had in living memory has to be Brian Tinnion. Hell, he even managed the club. (badly). The only point I would dispute with you regarding McIndoe is scoring goals with his head. I don't remember one.

Well, from all the points you mentioned I would say that the best all rounder we have had in living memory has to be Brian Tinnion. Hell, he even managed the club. (badly). The only point I would dispute with you regarding McIndoe is scoring goals with his head. I don't remember one.

Sheffield United at home last season.

Can't agree with that, Tinnion couldn't tackle or a head a ball to save his life. I always liked Shelton (as an all-rounder), but I guess he doesn't count.

mickey bell? in his prime?

best left back weve had, quality from set peices and penalties.... when he had his pace he was all over the pitch and his understanding with tinman was a joy to behold. him and scott murray at wing back! my favourite period of supporting city

Nope - Barnard was better (played in the prem after leaving us) and much better from set pieces!

2) Creates goals

IMO you are drastically overstating the value MM to our team.

Is this an attempt to wind-up our black-and-gold friends?

Whilst its true that he has elements of the 1-5 that you list to his game, for me a players value is not in being a good all-rounder, its about having a particular skill that he can be relied upon to produce, and which changes games. MM is competent and fit enough to run up and down a lot, but not exceptional at anything.

Realise that I'm probably in a small minority, but I believe its only a lack of competition for the left wing berth that keeps in the team week in week out - and if he keeps insisting on moving into the middle he will bring himself into competition for a place with players who are much more competent than him in that role. I'd be happy to see MM 'rested' and a youngster given a go out wide (if we have any eligible candidates).

Premier League / scottish squad :rofl2br:

Archived