IGNORED

Fifa 08 Online Winning Formation

Gibbs

FIFA 08 online will be closing shortly but 09 looks to be very similar so this formation should work.

Anyway most people (even those who support Championship teams and relagated teams, which sucks) play as Man Utd, Barcelona, AC Milan and Liverpool (I've found) as they like to win games. I always play as the best team on earth, Bristol City, and as Bristol are an appalling team on FIFA 08 I thought I should share my winning formation :)

First of all theres a real advantage playing at home as the pitch is smaller and you can defend from long balls and players out sprinting the defence (BCFC players are really slow unfortunately).

Anyway setup a 4-4-3 formation. Keep the defence the same but sub Elliot for Brooker and Wilson for Sproule. Put Johnson on the left, Trundle in the centre and McIndoe on the right. Trundle is really good in central midfield and he has by far the best shot in the team. You can score using placed shots (L1 + O) outside the 18 yard if your lucky, good fun.

Upfront have Byfield, Sproule and Booker in that order. So your midfield and attack looks like this:

L Johnson - L Trundle - M McIndoe

D Byfield - I Sproule - S Brooker

When the game starts press select until you get the down arrow (defensive mode) otherwise when players hoof they'll outrun your defence easily and you'll lose 5-0 ;)

Press the up arrow so that CA is selected (counter-attack). Now your sorted. Brooker is good at headers and alright at shooting and byfield is pretty average all round. Sproule is the only player in the team that can run so have him central, play the ball to him and create chances. He's also good at picking up dead balls if you run blindly into their defence. That's your only chance against big teams.

That's it really. Trying to avoid work so thought I'd post this! It's great fun beating Chelsea and Man Utd as Bristol when your stats are half as good as theirs :D

Archived