IGNORED

Just Got Back From Wolves

Ashton Kate

Just returned back home after the Wolves game and I don't know if it was just me but our support today was awful. It is the first time at an away game I felt that our supporters were really quiet. We tried to get the singing going where we were sat but were met with some very odd looks. If it had'nt have been for the guys down by the South Stand you would not have known we were there. Does any one else think we were quiet today?? :disapointed2se:

Just returned back home after the Wolves game and I don't know if it was just me but our support today was awful. It is the first time at an away game I felt that our supporters were really quiet. We tried to get the singing going where we were sat but were met with some very odd looks. If it had'nt have been for the guys down by the South Stand you would not have known we were there. Does any one else think we were quiet today?? :disapointed2se:

There were a few players who were quiet today and they were paid to be there.

i was down by the south bank and the atmosphere created their was fantastic if we weren't there it would of been silent. just shocked at how quiet the rest of the fans were though :noexpression:

i was down by the south bank and the atmosphere created their was fantastic if we weren't there it would of been silent. just shocked at how quiet the rest of the fans were though :noexpression:
Me too Almondsbury red. I was so disappointed with our fans. We are normally so vocal even if we are trailing behind but there was none of that today. I am amazed!!

City filled it last season along with a game at the start of the season more than a few years ago and it was poor both times but the Steve Bull Stand is probably the worst away end in the Championship for creating atmosphere. Theres a warning here for any new stadium but build something like the South Bank and it gives your fans a chance.

or it could be an idea for the new stadium for a shitty stand like that to put the away fan's in? spread them out and keep em quiet.... clever stuff from wolves when you think about it

I don't know if it was deliberate but at one point away fans where in the South Bank. Watched City there when Mr Bull scored against us every time and the atmosphere even when City where getting stuffed three and four nil was good. The lesson is build something similar to their home ends not the mistakes on the sides.

I don't know if it was deliberate but at one point away fans where in the South Bank. Watched City there when Mr Bull scored against us every time and the atmosphere even when City where getting stuffed three and four nil was good. The lesson is build something similar to their home ends not the mistakes on the sides.

Wolves used to offer away clubs two sections. Either 1700 tickets behind the goal in the South Bank, or for larger supports, 3300 in the Steve Bull lower. Over the past couple of years though the police have advised the club to put away fans in the Steve Bull lower due to segregation issues (ie. not splitting the stand and also the turnstile arrangements outside). There's also the fact the South Bank is very poorly designed underneath, which means when segregated the facilities were unevenly matched leading to a few 'crowd flow' issues (I won't quite say crush, but it used to get very overcrowded).

That it's more difficult to create an atmosphere is just a side effect, although I've always said about this. A lot of fans come here and moan that it's difficult to make much noise there, but Stoke and Birmingham come back every single year and always make a lot of noise, so it's as good as you want to make it really.

We were very quiet today, my two kids and their friends started singing and trying to enjoy themselves, but were given glares from others, told to sit down and be quiet! I sometimes wish there was an area for people who want to moan during the game, don't wanna stand, don't want to sing and just generally want to be miserable! Then others who want to have a bit of fun and banter etc be allowed to carry on without geting moaned at! Roll on tuesday for some more singing!

i think part of the problem is that in most away games people sit where they want, regardless of where the tickets says to go, this means teh singers can all get together and nobody looks at you funny, then in the popular games fans come along and sit where they are told to by the ticket, and ask people to get out of there seats. well within there rights to do so but in my experience when you can sit were you want the atmosphere is much much better than when everyone has to sit in the seat on the ticket

i think it should be organised before games that the singers should meet in a certain area of the stand( obviously this is usually the back of the stand!) that way people might understanot being able to sit in the seat on there ticket and the singers can be together and create the atmosphere we are capable of creating

Wolves used to offer away clubs two sections. Either 1700 tickets behind the goal in the South Bank, or for larger supports, 3300 in the Steve Bull lower. Over the past couple of years though the police have advised the club to put away fans in the Steve Bull lower due to segregation issues (ie. not splitting the stand and also the turnstile arrangements outside). There's also the fact the South Bank is very poorly designed underneath, which means when segregated the facilities were unevenly matched leading to a few 'crowd flow' issues (I won't quite say crush, but it used to get very overcrowded).

That it's more difficult to create an atmosphere is just a side effect, although I've always said about this. A lot of fans come here and moan that it's difficult to make much noise there, but Stoke and Birmingham come back every single year and always make a lot of noise, so it's as good as you want to make it really.

Stoke and Birmingham are your near neighbours and you would expect a little extra from them. Fans will moan because its a utterly rubbish away end for atmosphere full stop. You know its going to be shite before you get there unlike "ends" like Charlton or Cardiff.

Stoke and Birmingham are your near neighbours and you would expect a little extra from them. Fans will moan because its a utterly rubbish away end for atmosphere full stop. You know its going to be shite before you get there unlike "ends" like Charlton or Cardiff.

Agreed it's not the best or easiest, but saying you can't make a noise is pure excuses.

Birmingham and Stoke might be local derbies, but so is Albion and it's very rare that you hear even a murmor from them. Man Utd, Villa, Leeds, Wednesday have all came and given it a good go at outsinging the home fans, and I mentioned the first two because they come back and try it every single time. Maybe going in 'knowing it will be shite before you get there' is the problem....

Agreed it's not the best or easiest, but saying you can't make a noise is pure excuses.

Birmingham and Stoke might be local derbies, but so is Albion and it's very rare that you hear even a murmor from them. Man Utd, Villa, Leeds, Wednesday have all came and given it a good go at outsinging the home fans, and I mentioned the first two because they come back and try it every single time. Maybe going in 'knowing it will be shite before you get there' is the problem....

You are mentioning some very big sides and derbies. What about the Prestons and Burnleys? Its an awful design full stop for away fans.

You are mentioning some very big sides and derbies. What about the Prestons and Burnleys? Its an awful design full stop for away fans.

Shouldn't matter how big a side is, it doesn't mean their fans are louder. If teams can come and make noise, let alone come back and do it every year then it's just excuses to say you can't. I mentioned Blues and Stoke because they don't just make noise, they're very loud, so it proves that it can be done.

Yourselves were fairly decent last season, but you were poor this year and all of a sudden it's the design of the stand...

worst support ive ever heard off you guys tbh ,but then aGAIN ,DIDNT HAVE MUCH TO CHEER DID YOU?
No not a lot but then again you did have 12 players with the one playing in black. How your number 7 stayed on the pitch was beyond me. He committed foul after foul and the ref only booked him after the 4th tackle. And please please please WE ARE NOT WELSH did you all fail your geography exams should I call you a brummie??? :ranting:

Shouldn't matter how big a side is, it doesn't mean their fans are louder. If teams can come and make noise, let alone come back and do it every year then it's just excuses to say you can't. I mentioned Blues and Stoke because they don't just make noise, they're very loud, so it proves that it can be done.

Yourselves were fairly decent last season, but you were poor this year and all of a sudden it's the design of the stand...

Nope our fans where not great last year either, poor compared to the 5-1 thrashing we had last visit prior to that. Its is a crap stand because most teams fans struggle there as you are highlighting by stating "oh but Man Utd or Birmingham can do it"! What about the teams with a few hundred or do you need three thousand fans to make an impact?

poor excuse guys ,some big clubs come here and make a noise ,lets be frank about this ,if your team are being well beaten ,what the heck have you got to sing about ? ive read nothing but excuses here .I'm sure if you had of scored a goal the tempo would have been raised ,sadly for you neither happened .wheres me mate badger?

Nope our fans where not great last year either, poor compared to the 5-1 thrashing we had last visit prior to that. Its is a crap stand because most teams fans struggle there as you are highlighting by stating "oh but Man Utd or Birmingham can do it"! What about the teams with a few hundred or do you need three thousand fans to make an impact?

I never said it was a great stand that a few hundred can make a noise in, but Stoke have bought 1500 and still sung Delilah like it's their home ground, even when they've been losing. Guess they don't go in with ready made excuses though.....

I never said it was a great stand that a few hundred can make a noise in, but Stoke have bought 1500 and still sung Delilah like it's their home ground, even when they've been losing. Guess they don't go in with ready made excuses though.....

Never realised fans go out with this "oh its a crap stand we might as well die today but through the power of the internet we have an excuse ready". Even 150 in a decent away end will make some noise but in that thing they would have better chance in those boxes behind a screen.

No not a lot but then again you did have 12 players with the one playing in black. How your number 7 stayed on the pitch was beyond me. He committed foul after foul and the ref only booked him after the 4th tackle. And please please please WE ARE NOT WELSH did you all fail your geography exams should I call you a brummie??? :ranting:

Please- that just sounds bitter!! 12 men? This was the same referee that let Elliot get away with 4 fouls and only chatted to him after the 4th. Let Lee Johnson get away with 4/5 fouls, 3 of which shouldve been bookings. Didnt book your left back (?Mcallister?) for a blatant dive when there was no-one within 5 yards. The ref was shocking I agree, but to say we had 12 players is shocking.

By the way- have you never heard of fans taking the mick out of each other? I think that would be the point of singing songs insinuating you were welsh. Got a reaction though didn't it?

poor excuse guys ,some big clubs come here and make a noise ,lets be frank about this ,if your team are being well beaten ,what the heck have you got to sing about ? ive read nothing but excuses here .I'm sure if you had of scored a goal the tempo would have been raised ,sadly for you neither happened .wheres me mate badger?

Is it only BIG teams? What about all the rest or do they all trot out the same excuses?

Archived