IGNORED

Last 15 League Games

Maesknoll Red

• Admin

Whilst I remain upbeat about the changes for the better since GJ has been in charge, I do wonder if we have stagnated at the moment, our last 15 league games have seen 6 losses, 5 wins and 4 draws,scoring 19 goals and conceding 15, failing to score in 3 of those games. The 3-0 and 4-1 wins this season bolstering an otherwise sparse record of finding the net.

That gives us a total of 19 points for the 15 games, or 1.26 points a game. That would see us with 57 or 58 points over a season, which has been worth mid table or slightly lower over the last few seasons in the CCC.

I'm not convinced about the argument that we haven't replaced Carle, he and his team mates are hardly setting the league alight, but I am concerned that we haven't improved the midfield from last season, it's been the major talking point for several seasons now. For whatever reason, there very rarely seems to be the right balance, either too defensive, too narrow or without enough 'bite'. Surely GJ and his scouts should be looking for some quality to bring in, either on loan or in the Jan window.

Was Maynard a panic buy? No doubt at all that the Egyptian Metab was the major target, then the move with Mifsud failing, was Maynard brought in to appease the fans, I'd like to think that GJ doesn't work like that. I'm sure Maynard has ability and potential, but when breaking the club transfer fee, shouldn't we expect a player that can come in and hit the ground running, making a sudden impact on the team and our play.

Can BCFC afford to be spending big money on future potential? Surely we should be expecting some of the academy players to be capable of breaking into the first team, wlthough its never going to produce enough to field a whole team, it hasn't seen a youngster break through recently.

Whilst 19 points from the last 45 isn't a disaster, it does represent a step backwards and with this division seeming to be a lot stronger than last season, we'll need to improve rapidlyto achieve a playoff place this season.

Whilst I remain upbeat about the changes for the better since GJ has been in charge, I do wonder if we have stagnated at the moment, our last 15 league games have seen 6 losses, 5 wins and 4 draws,scoring 19 goals and conceding 15, failing to score in 3 of those games. The 3-0 and 4-1 wins this season bolstering an otherwise sparse record of finding the net.

That gives us a total of 19 points for the 15 games, or 1.26 points a game. That would see us with 57 or 58 points over a season, which has been worth mid table or slightly lower over the last few seasons in the CCC.

I'm not convinced about the argument that we haven't replaced Carle, he and his team mates are hardly setting the league alight, but I am concerned that we haven't improved the midfield from last season, it's been the major talking point for several seasons now. For whatever reason, there very rarely seems to be the right balance, either too defensive, too narrow or without enough 'bite'. Surely GJ and his scouts should be looking for some quality to bring in, either on loan or in the Jan window.

Was Maynard a panic buy? No doubt at all that the Egyptian Metab was the major target, then the move with Mifsud failing, was Maynard brought in to appease the fans, I'd like to think that GJ doesn't work like that. I'm sure Maynard has ability and potential, but when breaking the club transfer fee, shouldn't we expect a player that can come in and hit the ground running, making a sudden impact on the team and our play.

Can BCFC afford to be spending big money on future potential? Surely we should be expecting some of the academy players to be capable of breaking into the first team, wlthough its never going to produce enough to field a whole team, it hasn't seen a youngster break through recently.

Whilst 19 points from the last 45 isn't a disaster, it does represent a step backwards and with this division seeming to be a lot stronger than last season, we'll need to improve rapidlyto achieve a playoff place this season.

The words nail and head spring to mind.

If the objective of this season is to better last then I suggest we pull our fingers out!

You are completely right about Maynard. We are not United or Arsenal. We simply cannot afford to spend that much and 'prime' players.

• Admin
The words nail and head spring to mind.

If the objective of this season is to better last then I suggest we pull our fingers out!

You are completely right about Maynard. We are not United or Arsenal. We simply cannot afford to spend that much and 'prime' players.

Whilst I haven't had time to review the figure of the last 15 since the original post, it obviously will show a decline, my concern now is that far from stagnating, because the standard has risen, we are actually regressing.

Today I didn't go to Sheffield, but the radio commentary seemed to give the impression we were bland in attack, that when we did attack the ref didn't like Adebola's physical game and penalised him most times he got the ball. Why persist with it?

Sat behind my PC, I appreciate that I don't see training, behind the scenes attitudes etc. but, after Tuesday nights second half, I am puzzled as to why Noble or Trundle failed to win a start, I can take boring one nil wins, but I'd rather be entertained and lose two, win one rather than draw three - it's the same points after all...........

Archived