IGNORED

Hang About It Wasn't That Bad!

Lack of Action Man

Just saw it on points west and I'm going to stand up for Weale here - it wasn't that bad.

It certainly wasn't worthy of a high placing on the Paul Robinson Gaffometer!

In my opinion that goal was conceded by a lack of match experience from Weale.

Second goal Basso wouldn't have saved. So lay off the guy and get behind him if he plays v argyle he will come good

which is more than can be said for Maynard.

Just saw it on points west and I'm going to stand up for Weale here - it wasn't that bad.

Second goal Basso wouldn't have saved. So lay off the guy and get behind him if he plays v argyle he will come good

Pantomine season is fast approaching so here goes "Oh yes it was".

Weale was totally out of posisition and flat footed, he actualy had difficulty dealing with crosses all of the first half and looked very shacky. Good shot stopper, but a bit like us Christians at easter not very fond of crosses.

Basso would have saved it, in fact he probably would have caught it. The worst case scenario should have been a tip over the bar for a courner. In fairness Weale has been big enough to admit his error but in a game of that nature where City were always going ot be under the cosh for the first 20 it was a freebe that could not be afforded. It got a lively crowd right behind their team and made a difficult assignment all the more difficult.

The biggest dissapointment on Saturday both goals could and should have been avoided. Johnson's feeble challange on the edge of the box is cringe worthy.

The biggest dissapointment on Saturday both goals could and should have been avoided. Johnson's feeble challange on the edge of the box is cringe worthy.

Liam Fontaine made two awful mistakes there. Really bad initial headed clearence. And why didn't he deal with the ball to SEB? How was LJ going to win that ball? what's Elliott doing standing around whent here's a ball to be won?

Weale's mistake was poor. Annoying for him because 1-2 games where he makes no mistakes and the jersey's his. He might well have ended his city career in that moment.

Maybe go the the game before commenting on another players performance. He was one of our better players.

And yes it was that bad. Doesn't make him a bad keeper though.

Liam Fontaine made two awful mistakes there. Really bad initial headed clearence. And why didn't he deal with the ball to SEB? How was LJ going to win that ball? what's Elliott doing standing around whent here's a ball to be won?

Weale's mistake was poor. Annoying for him because 1-2 games where he makes no mistakes and the jersey's his. He might well have ended his city career in that moment.

Id be very disapointed if Weale didnt start against Argle he deserves his chance and I hope he takes it!!

That's the point, he physicaly cannot do it.

And to criticise Elliot like that is unbelievable to be honest with all due respect, that bloke with out hardly any games covered miles. Fountaine and Carey were instrumental in keeping City n the game escially in the alamo situation of the first 20 mins.

Lee Johnson is not a good enough player to have several others carrying the can for his deffcientcies. I'm all for building a team around a player but that player has to be pretty special and makes the difference between an average team and a good team. I am not convinced Lee Johnson is that player, sorry.

I can understand why you might criticise Lj for his size in challenging but I think he has been one of our best players so far this season not for challenging but for the accuracy of his passes and how well he coped without Elliot.

One goal against Doncaster does not make Maynard one of our best players but a mistake also means that Weale isn't currently one of our best players.

Just don't slate the guy - you people are all for the always believe stuff (give me drink up thee zider) so why does it only work with Basso then?

I can understand why you might criticise Lj for his size in challenging but I think he has been one of our best players so far this season not for challenging but for the accuracy of his passes and how well he coped without Elliot.

One goal against Doncaster does not make Maynard one of our best players but a mistake also means that Weale isn't currently one of our best players.

Just don't slate the guy - you people are all for the always believe stuff (give me drink up thee zider) so why does it only work with Basso then?

I agree, in the ground you sing and you get behind the team, I always try to and will do so tomorrow night, who ever plays gets my support.

In the pubs on the radio, on this forum you have point of viewm some like perhaps yours and mine are poles appart but that the way it is and theres nothing wrong with that.

I have to tend to agree. I think Weale was caught out by the flight of the ball and being caught a bit flat footed. Having said that, he should really have done better, and at this level, it is not what you need away to a top of the table team.

For me, if Basso is fit he plays, if he's not, then i'm happy with weale in goal.

Whether or not Basso would have saved the second goal, who knows?

I have to tend to agree. I think Weale was caught out by the flight of the ball and being caught a bit flat footed. Having said that, he should really have done better, and at this level, it is not what you need away to a top of the table team.

For me, if Basso is fit he plays, if he's not, then i'm happy with weale in goal.

Whether or not Basso would have saved the second goal, who knows?

Fair shout I think the second goal was just too hard too fast too sudden.

same reason it doesnt work with you with maynard. who has done sweet FA wrong... how about right, for once GJ's tactics are worng therefore nicky cant possibly show what good player he is

and yes ive seen i was a massive fan of his during his time at crewe, and i still fricking am

Guest brizzlejoe

To be honest, i don't think the always believe chant really works for us, because we never believe when we are losing and that should be what its all about, even when we are winning people keep complain how shite johnson was etc, etc, i think a better chant should be " we're bristol city, we always complain"

That's the point, he physicaly cannot do it.

And to criticise Elliot like that is unbelievable to be honest with all due respect, that bloke with out hardly any games covered miles. Fountaine and Carey were instrumental in keeping City n the game escially in the alamo situation of the first 20 mins.

He was under a ball with an attacker coming on to it, no matter his size he's likely to lose the ball in that situation.

It's not criticising their overall performance, but watch the goal, and see who makes the mistakes. LJ lost a challenge, that's not a mistake, however he put in the challenge unlike Fontaine on SEB, Skuse on the winger, and Elliott on that move.

And to criticise Elliot like that is unbelievable to be honest with all due respect, that bloke with out hardly any games covered miles.

Well, unbelievable as it might be, it was very noticeable that Marvin was static for the 2nd goal.

A little flat footed and slow to anticipate, similar to the much criticised Weale for the first.

If Marvin had covered miles, which I don't doubt for a moment, perhaps he should have been subbed by then if lack of match practice was starting to tell.

All players have to be equally open to criticism and on the evidence of the 2nd goal it is quite reasonable that Marvin's inertia should be mentioned.

Damn my cowardice, but i was right :P

I'm surprised, very surprised. I've heard directly from a player in the squad that Basso's not happy with the state of play and has made his feelings clear to Johnson, clearly they have patched up their differences.

I'm surprised, very surprised. I've heard directly from a player in the squad that Basso's not happy with the state of play and has made his feelings clear to Johnson, clearly they have patched up their differences.

Without me being a pain in the Ar*e could you enlighten us on who this player was?

I certainly hope Basso is not heading down Phillips path...

Without me being a pain in the Ar*e could you enlighten us on who this player was?

I appreciate that it's difficult to trust me if I can't name names, and if you don't choose to that's entirely your perogative, and understandable.

However, I know GJ reads this forum, and I know I've been told this, so if I were to name names about a player who is saying things in broad daylight then it would probably go down like a lead weight, and could certainly compromise my position.

The sticking point with Basso was added to, but not solely caused by, a decision to render him "injured" vs. Doncaster when he was 100% fit to play.

I appreciate that you have your reasons to remain silent amigo, looking back it was a silly question on my part

Anyway I managed to catch a glimpse of Basso down by the away dug out before the game and it was all smiles and I thought well

maybe he's just being a good ambassador for the club but now I think back I don't think he once looked at the team as they came out.

I also noticed Henderson seems to have this Phillips attitude about him not training with Weale if you catch my drift,

although now I've said that he's probably a really decent chap.

I wonder if Basso will be dropped after his terrible attempt at stopping their 1st goal tonight.

I too wonder. I have already sain on another thread that it looks cringingly savable on SSN whereas I thought the Weale mistake was not really that bad a gaffe

AND BEFORE anyone implies I'm just anti-Basso I can assure you I am not as I have talked to the guy and he is a thoroughly nice guy

I too wonder. I have already sain on another thread that it looks cringingly savable on SSN whereas I thought the Weale mistake was not really that bad a gaffe

AND BEFORE anyone implies I'm just anti-Basso I can assure you I am not as I have talked to the guy and he is a thoroughly nice guy

i'm not anti-basso either but all the hype about bringing back basso tonight

after weale's so called blunder at wolves hasn't really been justified at all

has it!

I appreciate that it's difficult to trust me if I can't name names, and if you don't choose to that's entirely your perogative, and understandable.

However, I know GJ reads this forum, and I know I've been told this, so if I were to name names about a player who is saying things in broad daylight then it would probably go down like a lead weight, and could certainly compromise my position.

The sticking point with Basso was added to, but not solely caused by, a decision to render him "injured" vs. Doncaster when he was 100% fit to play.

sssshhhh now Michael, you are in enough trouble with the gaffer as it is.. :whistle:

Archived