IGNORED

No Eastend !

midland red

Normally at this time on a friday afternoon i am looking forward to tomorrows game with a great deal of excitement and anticipation but i have to say sadly this isn"t so. being in the eastend this season since it re-opened trying to create a genuine football atmosphere, successfully we hope, and now the thought of going back to the dolman depresses me. now before everybody tells me i had a choice, we from the yellow sub decided to boycott the eastend as a matter of principle, we feel that the club should deal with the minority causing these disturbances and not penalise innocent supporters. i look forward to going to barnsley and being all together and having the opportunity to get behind the team once again without any restrictions. even a small club like barnsley have a stadium to cater for there own supporters and visitors alike. grow up city if we want to become a big club deal with these problems more successfully than this week shows.

yours fed up midland red.

:@ :@ :@ :Rage: :Rage: :Fume: :Fume: :Rage: :D :Wave:

I feel exactly the same come Friday afternoon I get the exciting thought of going to watch City with me mates having a laugh, getting behind the team.

This week i don't feel excited about it like i did when the East End was open. I'm just hoping that next season something proper can be done about it, and we can have a decent amount of seats in there for a majority of games, if not them all. It clearly increases the enjoyment of so many fans.

Have been in every time since County :( but not tomorrow though ;) very disapointed and keep telling myself it dont matter but it does :D we are at the mercy of the powers that be just like we were when we were moved to the Atyeo wonder how many would prefer the East End or the Atyeo next season :dunno: myself would stick the away fans in the Atyeo but probably in the minority,just :D

Anyway was great while it lasted R.I.P East End for now anyway :ph34r:

first of all tomf i have read the minutes from the fcc, but you miss my point and a point so eloquantly posted by eastender on this forum, deal with the perpertrators, if the same situation arises in the dolman tomorrow what shall we do restrict numbers in that stand as well, before we know it capacity will be down to 8,000, next season may be too late we have been denied the opportunity to lift the team through the last two home games.

yours midland red.

:@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :D

Its not just a case of exchanging ends though, the whole operation of City is down in the Atyeo corner,  as mentioned last night, its just not practical.

Why isn't it practical? Surely when the atyeo was first built many were frustrated at having the leave the East End, infact the passion of the East End probaly frustrated the east enders more than it would ever frustrate any of the Atyeo faithfull?

If they could chuck the most passionate of City fans out of their stand (The east End) what 7 years ago? Why can't they chuck the few Atyeo faithfull out of the Atyeo now?

What problems other than a few comlaints from season ticket holders would there be?

I am confident that making the east End the home end and Atyeo the away end would please fans more than it would make them annoyed. ok the facilities are worse but do we go to football to havea #### in a cosey posh toilet and have a pie from cute looking kiosks? No we go for the fun and excitment, atmosphere boosts that a hell of a lot more than what posh toilets and "good" kiosks ever will.

Ok during the course of the season you may have to tilt your head a bit to avoid a pillar obstructing your view, if you don't like that sit in the Dolman or bottom of williams.

If th club really wanted to help they would go through the efort of at least looking into swopping ends, but to be honest i don't think they want to thats why they aren't bothering.

I also wont be in the Eastend tommorow.

Even though i can go in there due to my age, i am not as a matter of principal.

To discriminate set age groups when such a wide spread age group act foolish is ludicrus.

Game after game i have been in the Eastend and seen specific "supporters" climbing fences and persistently standing ( this is not one specific age group, but a wide range of age groups), it is simple refuse entry to these morons only interested in ####### around.

There are many fans who wish tosimply give a vocal backing to the team and these restrictions are penalising age groups as opposed to individuals.

I have nothing to hide and aalong with many others, id be happy to carry and Eastend ID card , atleast the club will have control over whos in the stand then.

Hopefully something can be sorted...

Its not just a case of exchanging ends though, the whole operation of City is down in the Atyeo corner, as mentioned last night, its just not practical.

I'll make this point a final time, the East End is open tomorrow, don't let the minorities spoil it - because if you are boycotting it, then they are going to win the war and the place will remain permentatlly closed (saving the club £1/4m a season)

The club WANT the EE open. They don't wan the agro. They can't just fix this in the space of a week, so please give them time to fix it and hopefully next season we'll see something much improved.

/I think thats my last thoguhts on it :D

Would gladly buy a ticket for the East End tomorrow if there are any left,which I doubt, even though I already bought a Atyeo ticket on line.

The East End is due for redevelopment soon? has anything been decided yet? as to moving the away fans corner of E.E down Williams side would seem sensible as they could still use there entrance.

Just wish it could all be sorted once and for all. :dunno:

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Tom none of these responses are aimed at you personally (The ones above)

"The club WANT the EE open. They don't wan the agro. They can't just fix this in the space of a week, so please give them time to fix it and hopefully next season we'll see something much improved. "

I thought the idea is that it'll be closed next season because of large away support, or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Did anyone mention the huge demand for Season tickets in the EE there would be? 2000 away fans is more than enough

Guest Bawno

I agree with everything midland red says. Just because a few kids kitted out in burbury thinking they're hard by giving away supporters grief is not the reason to penalise loads of fans! :@ :@ :@

The solution is this, have these cards we've talked about for the EE and only sell season tickets not on the day tickets. I'm sure 1,500+ would buy season tickets. That 1,500+ would give us 4 block from the Dolman to behind the goal. Then have a large peice of netting between the two fans and only have the fence on the away side. Thus no-fence climbers. If someone is found crossing the net get them and chuck them out and re-move their season ticket for the season. PGive the away fans the end of the EE and the Williams.

Thoughts........Its not perfect but its a start...

The solution is this, have these cards we've talked about for the EE and only sell season tickets not on the day tickets. I'm sure 1,500+ would buy season tickets. That 1,500+ would give us 4 block from the Dolman to behind the goal. Then have a large peice of netting between the two fans and only have the fence on the away side. Thus no-fence climbers. If someone is found crossing the net get them and chuck them out and re-move their season ticket for the season. PGive the away fans the end of the EE and the Williams.

Thoughts........Its not perfect but its a start...

1000 would mean £250000 to £300000 income = more than what the club says it costs to open for a season :D

Archived