IGNORED

Loan System

loudred4ever

Still not true

Only "Emergency Loans" are permitted until the opening of the transfer window in January

That is incorrect. Seven days after the transfer deadline, Football League clubs are free to loan players in.

There is absolutely no rule about it having to be an emergency.

This was a few years ago and I don't think the rules have changed.

They have.

As stated above, football league clubs can make loan signing seven days after the transfer window closes. Hence the reason so many have.

Only Premier League clubs can't do this.

Clubs from the Football League Championship to the Football Conference can loan in players from 8 September to 23 November and also from 8 February until 23 March.[1] In France, the transfer window is called Mercato, from the Italian for "market".

Does this mean Me > You 2?

I wasn't aware it was a battle for greatness. I thought we were trying to establish the rules. But still, whatever floats your boat.

As I said, any football league club can bring in a player on loan seven days after the transfer window shuts. It doesn't have to be deemed an emergency in the case of Brian Howard moving to Sheffield United this week (although that appears not to be happening now), which is what this thread was about..

Archived