IGNORED

First Goal!

Lack of Action Man

I have just seen a replay on SSN of their first goal and have to say its something that seems very evident with this city side.

Now I think it was Skuse running alongside Mackie and there was no challenge now I'm pretty sure thats how Birmingham got a goal against us and possibly Wolves - the lack of a challenge on a player who then runs and scores. The problem is we back off of a player when they are running with the ball and I have to say if Skuse wasn't going to tackle Mackie then why didnt someone else come in and close him?

Secondly the replay also made the shot look a bit cringeworthy on the part of Basso it really does look savable but he had no chance with the second one at all.

I simply believe if we put the foot in on these teams that have a man who decides to run through us then we might avoid the unecessary goals conceded.

Your thoughts?

I have just seen a replay on SSN of their first goal and have to say its something that seems very evident with this city side.

Now I think it was Skuse running alongside Mackie and there was no challenge now I'm pretty sure thats how Birmingham got a goal against us and possibly Wolves - the lack of a challenge on a player who then runs and scores. The problem is we back off of a player when they are running with the ball and I have to say if Skuse wasn't going to tackle Mackie then why didnt someone else come in and close him?

Secondly the replay also made the shot look a bit cringeworthy on the part of Basso it really does look savable but he had no chance with the second one at all.

I simply believe if we put the foot in on these teams that have a man who decides to run through us then we might avoid the unecessary goals conceded.

Your thoughts?

For me Skuse has to be dropped, he looks far to light weight IMO.

Skuse is effing awful! not good enough for this leage imo. we always make howlers and silly mistakes that cost us games. Trundle was different class wen he came on. And whos the 2 million pound player akinde or maynard?! don't know about everyone else but for me akinde did more in one half of football than maynard has done so far this season! Sayin that maynard did look better than usual first half.

My thoughts are, that if we're dropping keepers for 1 mistake after every match, I'm expecting to see Weale in goal on Sat!!

it will be interesting to see who plays , I agree. I can't believe it won't be Basso. But you can't have one set of rules for one and not the other, but then again you can't swop them round every game either. I think if I was Weale I'd be pretty upset that I was dropped tonight,and then made even worse when Basso should have done better.

yes Skuse cocked up and gave it away but where in the name of christ were the defence ? had there been a defender anywhere near that would have enabled Skuse to put in a challenge but as they all seemed to have gone awol all skuse could do was keep with him and hope to take the ball off his feet, it was a comedy of errors right through from Skuse to the defensive unit and Basso. Basso has buggered it up big style but he never should have been put in that position in the first place.

so that's settled.weale back on saturday but one mistake and he's out!

with regards to keepers, spose thats the good thing about having two awesome players in one position. Competition means only the best will do for us!

If only cappello could see that will gerrard and lampard :laugh:

as for skuse, everyone knows hes only keeping marvs seat warm and although he didnt cover himself in glory tonight i think he is still worth hanging onto to cover marv.

i feel a bit sorry for b.wilson at the mo, although I'm sure he is happy just to be featuring, it seems like he pops up in 3 different positions every game and every week. everytime he puts in a good stint he still seems to end up playing somewhere else next time he is featured

totally agree , i have never knocked skuse but this year he is deffo being found out , being bullied most games ,

He'll always get my support for putting it in on the field - plus having spoken to him a couple of times off the pitch, I am yet to meet a nicer bloke.

However, it does sadden me to continually make the point, he is not a Championship standard football player.

If we continually play him, he will without doubt go out and give us 100%, but I am sorry we'll continue to suffer because of it.

Archived