IGNORED

Trundle Must Start

Meh

The pass for McAllister was sublime.

It was only 20 yards, but, no other player in our side can do that and that is the fact.

There was only 1 pace that ball could have been played at and 1 position on the field where McAllister would be capable of arriving at the right time to play the ball across.

Any other player and it would have been cleared for a throw in or played to hard and gone for a goal kick.

Trundle has proven in the last 2 games that he possesses something you cannot teach, it comes with pure natural ability.

He can do that 1 thing a game that no other player can and in the last 2 matches that 1 thing has lead to 2 goals.

AGREE 110%, tonight he proved he IS CCC class, he IS the most creative player we have, and he IS a very big asset to the club. FFS GJ I trust 99% of your decisions, but the fact you leave this guy on the bench is just bizarre.

It's not rocket science - play creative flair influence who has an eye for a pass and a shot = more chances on goal.

It was only 20 yards, but, no other player in our side can do that and that is the fact.

There was only 1 pace that ball could have been played at and 1 position on the field where McAllister would be capable of arriving at the right time to play the ball across.

Any other player and it would have been cleared for a throw in or played to hard and gone for a goal kick.

Trundle has proven in the last 2 games that he possesses something you cannot teach, it comes with pure natural ability.

He can do that 1 thing a game that no other player can and in the last 2 matches that 1 thing has lead to 2 goals.

I agree with everything you say, except that Trundle must start. I love him as a player, but were would you start him? On the wing, too exposed to the full back...up front, can go missing and then you have to make a change. Plus he aint got the fitness, was blowing a bit after 5 mins of coming on.

Perhaps we should retain him as the quality impact player he is.

I took my old boy tonite who has no interest in City (scouser)....he was amazed at actually how good he was

He's a creative genius with a footballing brain.

The whole pattern of the game changed tonight from the moment he came on. The tempo of the game increased and we actually played football. Given that we were appalling in the first half I think part of the team for Sheffield picked itself tonight.

Maynard and Dele have had a run. If I was the manager I would definitely start with Trundle on Saturday and I think he created ALOT more than McIndoe does. I also thought that Akinde looked very strong, pacey and very aware as well. I would start him with Dele on Saturday.

Unfortunaltely, Skuse, Johnson and Webster all played poorly tonight

AGREE 110%, tonight he proved he IS CCC class, he IS the most creative player we have, and he IS a very big asset to the club. FFS GJ I trust 99% of your decisions, but the fact you leave this guy on the bench is just bizarre.

It's not rocket science - play creative flair influence who has an eye for a pass and a shot = more chances on goal.

My friend you have just said everything I wanted to

Agree wholeheartedly. Unfortunately a midfield of Skuse, Johnson, Wilson and Sprule gives us ZERO flair. Also please let us not forget that our two best defenders in Louis and Jamie Macoombe were sat on the bench. But Trundle and Noble MUST be given a run and please can we stop changing the keepers every two minutes - Cannot do anything for a settled defence.

• Admin

I also reckon Nicky Maynard if sat in the stands watching it would have been crying inside as that is exactly the sort of ball that he thrived on at Crewe and hasn't received at City.

Trundle was brilliant tonight. His limitations are his lack of pace and the fact that he can only do what he does with his left foot. If he played there every week he would be marked out of the game as he was for the last six or seven minutes tonmight when Plymouth man-marked him.

I think he has so much flair he has to start. I would put him on the left wing but give him a roving role. Let him move inside if he is not getting much out on the wing and cause problems there. McIndoe in the last few weeks has been moving into the middle of the pitch and got nowhere - Trundle's superior skills would unlock something. We need to find a formation for 10 men where we are solid and then have Trundle as the bit of inspiration and surprise ingredient. Remember he is not just a provider. He has a great scoring record and would be useful at set pieces too with his superb left foot.

I also reckon Nicky Maynard if sat in the stands watching it would have been crying inside as that is exactly the sort of ball that he thrived on at Crewe and hasn't received at City.

Agreed. I think GJ has to work out how to accomodate all 3 on the pitch (i.e. Dele, Nicky and Trunds).

As said elsewhere, Trundle proved you don't need pace to be effective on the left side of midfield, so maybe GJ has stumbled on the answer due to McIndoe's unfortunate absence.

Agreed. I think GJ has to work out how to accomodate all 3 on the pitch (i.e. Dele, Nicky and Trunds).

As said elsewhere, Trundle proved you don't need pace to be effective on the left side of midfield, so maybe GJ has stumbled on the answer due to McIndoe's unfortunate absence.

Trundle played in that position in the reserves sometimes last season and it was effective. I think as you said its another option for Gary to consider. I would say he was more of an impact player than a starter though.

Agree, Trundle was class when he came on, but where would you play him on saturday? You cant play him on the left wing as defensively he is weak and Sheff Utd will push him back where he is ineffective. Persnonally i would play him alongside Adebola, who has been the most consistent player so far. I think it showed tonight that hard work will get you so far, but you have to have quality as well, which Trundle and Noble demonstrated.

I simply could not disagree more.

Trundle cannot and would not put that level of effort into a full 90+injury time performance.

He also cannot play up front with the style of football we play.

Therefore he only, ONLY (imo) works as an impact player somewhere off the front two (i.e. out wide, like tonight & v Brum) to generate chances.

You can't play him upfront as he's not any good there (be honest; everyone is praising his ability to provide and unless he drops off - negating the point of him being up front - then he can't do that) and he'd be useless as a wide BALANCED player in a game poised at 0-0. He won't track back and defend in an open game like McIndoe or Wilson/Sproule (although that's a stretch for Sproule) will and so will leave the FBs exposed. When it's 0-2, yes he'll put the effort in but that is purely because Trundle is the type of player who feeds off the crowd and the ego-massage that his arrival supplies him with.

If we'd have gone 0-2 down with him (and Noble) on the pitch then they'd have run around wasting energy and tricks until dragged off around the 70th minute. Trundle & Noble only work in some of the 'big decisive' games from the start or as late impact players to test mentally & physically tired defenders.

We tried three up front (when in possession) against Birmingham and were torn apart.

Also I would only ever include Trundle if LJ was omitted and he was to be at the centre of a diamond in the middle. I think LJ's sole effectiveness comes when we play our usual trick of only playing actively wide down one flank and someone ends up bunching in the middle; i.e. creating the confusion and dense play that LJ works in.

He reminded me tonight of Tinnion in his prime. I would like to see him given a chance on the left and it would provide excellent competition for McIndoe. I would be really excited of the prospect on Maynard, Trundle and Akinde all playing in the same side.

Archived