IGNORED

Fans On The Dolman

Big Jon

i sit in the Dolman and have been frustrated with alot of the fans in there with there constant moaning about the team

ive but up with it but the boooing tonight inraged me they are a discrace to the team an and inbaryisment to thos of us that cheered the team on so I'm going to ask to be moved to anotherd stand and there are a thew others as well

so as a dolman season ticket holder i would like to say to the ones who boooo don't come the gate if thats what your shapport is like :disapointed2se:

i sit in the Dolman and have been frustrated with alot of the fans in there with there constant moaning about the team

ive but up with it but the boooing tonight inraged me they are a discrace to the team an and inbaryisment to thos of us that cheered the team on so I'm going to ask to be moved to anotherd stand and there are a thew others as well

so as a dolman season ticket holder i would like to say to the ones who boooo don't come the gate if thats what your shapport is like :disapointed2se:

Have you been drinking?

Essentially the football fan is someone who want's their team to do well but also is angered by them doing badly.

Like England under Steve McClaren. We as a nation want to suceed but can't help but boo the team because they are playing

so poorly when we know and expect that they can do so much better than that.

Booing isn't nice but it's common place in football

I'm no great speller,

But come on! :icecream:

I'll refrain from the spelling jibes as you could be dyslexic but you my friend talk utter crap. We have every right to boo if drivel is served up like that first half.

No doubt you are one of those boring fools that just sit on the arse all match without an utter.....those types that is killing the atmosphere in the modern game.

It was quite weird at HT, I expected the team to go off to boo's which they did from all sections of the grund as far as I could tell. But just before they went down the tunnel the atmosphere changed and 'come on you reds' was sang around the ground.

It was like they were being told that the first half wasn't acceptable, which was true as at times we looked shambolic (and I don't say that lightly) but at the same time were being urged on to do better, which they definitely did. The subs made a huge difference and Akinde was the most exciting player I've seen in a while, Trundle was like a thing possessed and Noble did his usual and added a vital goal.

• Admin

As I said to others around me at the time, we haven't booed our side off at Ashton Gate for some time now and to do so tonight (after that shambolic first half performance) was the right message to send at the right time. If we were making a habit of it or doing it during play I would argue against it but as a one off at half-time with 15 mins for the players to consider the reasons for it was ok.

That said I was too slow to join in with the boo.

I think that first half was probably the worst ive seen us play. No one had a clue what anyone else was doing, and we were all over the shop. Plymouth werent even that good, we were just completely crap.

You should've seen us get beat 6-1 at home to Sunderland in the early 90s then.

Can we have a bit of perspective here?

I wasnt there then sorry, which is why I was saying it was the worst i'd seen us play thats all. I'm sure its not the worst performance ever. Maybe I shall rephrase it and say its the worst ive seen the current group of players play.

I guess some people forget that we played in this league 10 years ago and used to get beaten every week. If we play like we did in the first half again we will get stuffed a la Sunderland. Lets hope tonight has given food for thought for some of the players, and that we lift our game for Sheffield Utd on Saturday.

If anyone had told me that I didn't have a right to boo I would have asked what exactly was there to cheer about.

As RedM hinted, the difference between normal booing and what happened tonight is that we let them know that in no way was the shambles we saw in the first half acceptable, then still clapped them off.

Mind you, I laughed myself senseless at every fan that blurted out "we always believe" after we scored. The irony.

• Admin
If anyone had told me that I didn't have a right to boo I would have asked what exactly was there to cheer about.

To which I'd have replied "well you're not cheering now so why aren't you booing?" ..... but then I'm a cheeky little twot sometimes, and would have been arguing against my own viewpoint.

As RedM hinted, the difference between normal booing and what happened tonight is that we let them know that in no way was the shambles we saw in the first half acceptable, then still clapped them off.

Mind you, I laughed myself senseless at every fan that blurted out "we always believe" after we scored. The irony.

I was singing "we didn't believe". :innocent06:

I wasn't at the game tonight, however I have experienced booing from City fans towards their own team, both home and away, and it does not feel nice. I mean that in a sense that I'm quite often one of those "We should always get behind the team" fans - However life just isn't always that simple. Sometimes the fans have to show thier emotion for the game from the stands, just as the players do on the pitch, appealing for penalties, disputing refree decisions, celebrating goals, and even crying after losing important games such as cup finals. If the team play well then of course the fans will get behind them even more, and if we play badly, that will also cause some to get behind the team (And I'm glad someone has mentioned this refering to the players going towards the tunnel at half time, and the fans getting behind them). Some inevitably, will boo. It's all part of the game, and everyone is entitled to show emotion towards it. Players, on the pitch and the bench, coaches, managers, and the fans...

Archived