IGNORED

Its True

robins72

It's not suprising that most of the noise should come from the EE. Lets be fair most of the people in the EE are young energetic lads, who should be giving it their all for this club. Back in the 70's when I was a young lad I was doing exactly the same thing, when it was full to the rafters and everyone was stood up behind the goal. But that doesn't mean to say that we now sit in our seats in the Dolman and not chant when we are entertained, so I hope GJ actions tonight wasn't aimed at supporters like myself, who have supported this club alot longer than he has and has had to pay to have this previledge!!

It's not suprising that most of the noise should come from the EE. Lets be fair most of the people in the EE are young energetic lads, who should be giving it their all for this club. Back in the 70's when I was a young lad I was doing exactly the same thing, when it was full to the rafters and everyone was stood up behind the goal. But that doesn't mean to say that we now sit in our seats in the Dolman and not chant when we are entertained, so I hope GJ actions tonight wasn't aimed at supporters like myself, who have supported this club alot longer than he has and has had to pay to have this previledge!!

Depends what you call young.. There is a guy who 'sits' by me, who must be in his late 60's, and doesnt stop singing all game. So its not just the young uns that make noise..

Alot of people want to be entertained before they will sing. How about singing and letting the team know you are behind them when things are not quite going right?? Everyone is different, but I would prefer to be encouraging them than waiting for something to happen... This seems to be the difference between the EE and the other stands..

People are blowing this way out of proportion. Johnson made a gesture that singled out the east end for its fantastic support over the other stands.

People who say the man has gone down in their estimation over this one little piece of charades really need to get a grip.

Some common sense at last!

It was shite in the first half, I thought I had entered the Williams by mistake. Even before the game started I sensed it was not going to be that great. Our fans are so fickle sometimes. When will people realise that the players need our support more when were losing than they do when were winning?

I was sat about 5ft away from the man who went down to Keith Millen. He was not swearing, and all he said was on the Lines of where is the width. We could all see that but nothing was getting done, I was dissapointed with Millen because all he kept saying was SIT DOWN SIT DOWN, then GJ told him the same, then told him to leave if he didnt like it.

At the end of the game GJ was gesturing for the chap in his 60"S not to come back again....

As a fan its frustrating because we can see the bad points of a first half probably the worst ever in GJ reign, but we are compounded to think it and keep our mouths shut. Why.

As for Mcindoes comments from Wolves Sat, he was spot on, and dropped because of it... The team is not strong enough, whats wrong with that.. looking at the teams we have played so far, we will need to strengthen sooner than later, with all these injuries, Brooker, Mccombe, Carey, Maynard, Webster also signalled to Millen about Calf, Mcindoe injury ????????, Lets try and keep up, 6pts out of 15 at home...

Depends what you call young.. There is a guy who 'sits' by me, who must be in his late 60's, and doesnt stop singing all game. So its not just the young uns that make noise..

Alot of people want to be entertained before they will sing. How about singing and letting the team know you are behind them when things are not quite going right?? Everyone is different, but I would prefer to be encouraging them than waiting for something to happen... This seems to be the difference between the EE and the other stands..

Johnson once made a quote about positive support and how it affects the players. It seems to me last night he was showing his appreciation of fans in the East End who got much louder after the team went two down.

I was in Block G of the Dolman, and from what I saw of GJs gesture it was along the lines of "This was inspired by you lot, well done, you got the rest of the ground going".

I did then expect him to clap the Dolman too which had been as supportive in the 2nd half, but he chose not too. No offence taken!

I would say if GJ loves the support from the EE so much perhaps he could have a word with his boss and make it easier to get tickets in there.

Guest bigcheese
Whether you could hear the East End or not as always seems to be the case is down to your location, AG is a very strange ground acoustically.

I think this is very true, from my place in the dolman (hehe) I knew you were there but plymouth sounded loud (was same in brum game..) and wondered why it was so quiet! (2-0 down I looked over and couldnt see any movement... dunno!!). Its difficult in dolman when it feels like all around you are conservative and quiet though, a few around in the dolman starting things off though :) but as you say its hard to judge! (least we kept singing and not booing!)

I witnessed this as I walked out from the Dolman and have to say, I found it a bit disappointing.

Don't get me wrong, i'm all for the EastEnd and think the support has been great all season, but, for the manager to blatantly make a point like that, could lead to ill-feeling towards GJ by the many hundreds of loyal supporters in other stands who do try to make a noise, albeit, struggle as many around them don't want to bother.

By all means clap the East End, they deserve it, but at least acknowledge the other stands even if it is less fervently would be my advice.

Have to agree with that. We sang our hearts out in the Dolman G block, everyone was giving it full belt even the older supporters!!!

Sitting in the Ateyo i have to agree with those that said they felt the EE was quiet, like the rest of the ground, in the first half.

I didn't see GJ gestures so cannot comment on what he might or might not have meant.

What i did notice and found strange was GJ kept his head down and didn't acknowledge the Ateyo in his usual way as he walked down the tunnel. This was a bit disappointing after the support which was given by the Ateyo at half time when the players were sung off the pitch.

I witnessed this as I walked out from the Dolman and have to say, I found it a bit disappointing.

Don't get me wrong, i'm all for the EastEnd and think the support has been great all season, but, for the manager to blatantly make a point like that, could lead to ill-feeling towards GJ by the many hundreds of loyal supporters in other stands who do try to make a noise, albeit, struggle as many around them don't want to bother.

By all means clap the East End, they deserve it, but at least acknowledge the other stands even if it is less fervently would be my advice.

I hear what you are saying neo and to be fair people should not take it to heart in other stands, he done it because

about 5 or 6 people in the williams (rightly or wrongly) gave him stick so at the end he used the eastend to make an

example to them in being 2-0 down and playing shite thats when the noise needs to be at it's peak, tiz hard because

even i was peed off with the way we played first half but we have made a pledge in the EE to sing when were losing

gj actions to some may have come accross badly but for us in that stand we appreciate a bit of acknowledgement as we have had a very hard battle to get the stand open, i'm sure he greatful for 95% of our supporters but he is

passionate manager and he tends to show it sometimes in adversity, yes he is human and will make the odd mistake but blimey he has taken us a long way in a where others have failed.

It's the accoustics in the EE that make it sound loud due to the low roof.

I enjoyed sitting in the EE when I was 12 or 13, but as a 30 year old woman, I prefer a bit of comfort and a decent view!!

Nice of GJ to show how much he appreciates them though, i'll remember that next season when I spend over a grand for my season tickets....

the argument towards the EE in can you hear us or not from others stands is totally irrelevant to me as what matters

is the players and manager can! and that has been acknowledge on more than one occasion by the manager and the players, i can't hear the atyeo or dolman even if they do sing! why? because it's bloody loud fans next to me in the EE

The manager has the best place in the house to judge the field of play and the stands around him so he can hear it and thats fine by me, job done, but if the dolman and atyeo are singing fair play keep it up ...

the accoustics in the EE filter the noise to the pitch downwards.....

Throwing toys out of the pram,"you don't agree with me so I'm not going to talk to you anymore"

I find it very sad,he likes taking the credit when there winning but don't like critism when they play ######ing awful.

As GJ said on city world he will take credit & critism but not during the game which takes his concentration off the play

if dealing with someone shouting at him from over the dugouts wall, he said see me after the game by the players entrance

and let him hear it then not during the game.

As GJ said on city world he will take credit & critism but not during the game which takes his concentration off the play

if dealing with someone shouting at him from over the dugouts wall, he said see me after the game by the players entrance

and let him hear it then not during the game.

I don't agree with abusing the manager.

So he doesnt want fans to tell him how good his team played during the game,thats absolute rubbish.So he doesn't want people to sing his name during the game because he's concentrating on the game.Right double standards.So why didn't he appluad the Dolman because we sung his name several times.Basically he is playing long ball football and got to tollerate it.

From Michael McIndoe's public airing, to the chap in the williams, to the lads on seats in the EE, to the stewards handling of it, to the vocal minorety expressing their displeasure, to GJ's handling of the entire lot there seems to me to be a distinct lack of tact and diplomacy.

Yes Football's a game of passion but this is more akin to childish dummy throwing an is doing the Club little credit.

I don't agree with abusing the manager.

So he doesnt want fans to tell him how good his team played during the game,thats absolute rubbish.So he doesn't want people to sing his name during the game because he's concentrating on the game.Right double standards.So why didn't he appluad the Dolman because we sung his name several times.Basically he is playing long ball football and got to tollerate it.

i see what your saying but having your name sang can be subconscious where you hear it but your eyes are on the game

and you can do a thumbs up without having to look, the same if the crowd is chanting your a tit and subconsciously you do not have to knowledge it but having someone leaning over and giving you the arse is something different where your almost eyeball to eyeball, ok he should just ignore it but it can distract you when they are almost on your lap.

i agree the first half was crap but he changed it and we almost got 3 points and he will learn from it.

how people can say you didnt hear us in there, i will never understand! that is impossible!

We say it because we couldn't.

The whole ground was numb in the first half, fact.

As CiderHead as said, a lot of the sound filters onto the pitch as opposed to other stands.

Now, if you need any help getting off your high horse I'll lend a hand.

i see what your saying but having your name sang can be subconscious where you hear it but your eyes are on the game

and you can do a thumbs up without having to look, the same if the crowd is chanting your a tit and subconsciously you do not have to knowledge it but having someone leaning over and giving you the arse is something different where your almost eyeball to eyeball, ok he should just ignore it but it can distract you when they are almost on your lap.

i agree the first half was crap but he changed it and we almost got 3 points and he will learn from it.

Why couldn't he ignore the man shouting at him,the man was not on the pitch he was stood behind a barrier.After all he chose to ignore his adoring fans in the Dolman after the match,.I just think hes digging a hole for himself.Strange this change of behavior i.e. not acknowledging the Dolman,afte he signed a nice 5 year contract.

We say it because we couldn't.

The whole ground was numb in the first half, fact.

As CiderHead as said, a lot of the sound filters onto the pitch as opposed to other stands.

yep thats why the EE will get more reaction from the manager and players, the dolman is quite high and towers above

the roof of the EE, the noise hits the roof of the EE and bounces on the ground ie: the pitch, thats is why on that point

i can't hear the A & B or upper blocks of the dolman and they can't us, maybe a little on the plymouth side as they are diagonal to A & B of the dolman and secondly when someone is chanting and beating a drum next to me there is no way i will hear the atyeo or the dolman due to the noise in my surroundings simple science, what matters to me in the EE is that our noise is hitting the area that matters ''the pitch'' and as i've said if others are siging keep it up, but we need to get a

mentality that if not all is going our way we need to try and lift the side, not easy i know with the first half display vs plymouth it does test you as fans.

Why couldn't he ignore the man shouting at him,the man was not on the pitch he was stood behind a barrier.After all he chose to ignore his adoring fans in the Dolman after the match,.I just think hes digging a hole for himself.Strange this change of behavior i.e. not acknowledging the Dolman,afte he signed a nice 5 year contract.

in an ideal world yes he should but he made a mistake and he is human and let 5 or 6 people get to him and rightly or wrongly he used the EE to say so and took it out on others, with in mind of the booing that went up at half time, he is a passionate manager but we got to look at the bigger picture and see what he has done for city and not let one mistake cloud his good work. people will make mistakes but it up to us to forgive and if i was sat in the dolman i would give him the benift of the doubt because i can see what he was trying to do even if it came over badly.

i would not take it personally.

Yes we do get behind the side 18,000 fans turned up.GJ must know that if you play good football then they will get support.If you play long ball football and every single ball is hoofed up to Dele,the crowd will quite obviously get bored.I for one am not going to appluad long ball football.When we obviously play better keeping the ball on the deck with width.

Yes we do get behind the side 18,000 fans turned up.GJ must know that if you play good football then they will get support.If you play long ball football and every single ball is hoofed up to Dele,the crowd will quite obviously get bored.I for one am not going to appluad long ball football.When we obviously play better keeping the ball on the deck with width.

fair dues, i think GJ now knows this going by our 2nd half display.

I wouldnt say that was the case as stated I cant hear the other stands so I'm sure others who go in that stand have the same problem! However its about creating an atmosphere in ALL stands. The opening of the East End was just to get behind the team and have some fun! Well thats how I see it anyway. We all want the same things for our team to be successful. So its up to all of us to get behind the team and create an atmosphere! :)

Absolutely. The people behind getting the EAST END open want all of ASHTON GATE to get behind the team. It doesn't matter which stand is the loudest!!!

I've been dissapointed with some in the EE this season, and it is definately louder when the team are doing well, just like the reast of the ground!!!!

GARY JOHNSON always has a squad of players that put the effort in and earn their money, unlike most squads in the previous quarter of a century!!!

Things don't always go right, but they are the type of players that will react positively to the right type of support, therefore in my opinion it is better to get behind them at all times (even more so when they are struggling), then more times than not they will give us something to be proud of!!!!

Archived