IGNORED

The Hooligans And Thugs In Eastend

Never to the dark side

and I am refering to those who were wearing the "response team" orange jackets

As it seems very few of the regular Bristol City stewards were seen in the City end of the East end

The female who was wearing the 017 jacket seem to be hell bent

on creating an unpleasant atmosphere as possible

Where as the fellas in the "response team" orange jackets seem to be enjoying the atmosphere

During the mid way point of the second half (number 017) was unhappy with some thing

at the back of the City end of the east end

So the Avon and Zummerzet police had to come into the area

not sure if any one was removed from the ground

I presume these response team staff are the ones who will normally be seeen

in the clubs and bars on thurs/fri/saturday nights

Considering these response teams don't come cheap I think it was money badly spent

Bring back the regular stewards at least they are City followers you an talk to them

and they are more accountable

Even the regular City Stewards dislike them so I am told. They were complete and utter #######s last night. Yes a fella and a girl was removed, From what I saw that number 017 just had it in for that guy. I was fairly close to him and I didn't see him do anything wrong apart from standing on a seat but as everyone else was then I don't see why he was singled out.

It costs a lot to attend every match so it pisses me off when City are chasing a game and RT are stood there blocking my view and then wonder why I'm stood on my seat. Te old guy grabbed my on the shoulder to which I then informed me if he touched me again without my permission he shall be paying for my coat to be dry cleaned and I would take action against him. He left me alone then.

Since the EE has reopened we have had hardly no problems with the stewards but last night the RT were really on one, That guy with the Goatie really was going wild. They need to get a life and chill out.

If people got off the seats when asked, there wouldn't be a problem.
You try being 5 foot 7 and try watching the game when people in front of you are standing on there seats.

You try being 5 foot 7 and try watching the game when people in front of you are standing on there seats.

Try being 5ft 2.

I still got down when I was asked.

The girl "steward" was causing more hassle for herself by her attitude, and if there are any repurcussions from the club due to this i'd be happy to stick up for anyone removed. I noticed she wasnt there in the 2nd half, and the other stewards left people alone. I think she was removed due to her being the one making the situation more inflammatory than it needed to be.

It was also the first time we had any muppets running over to goad the away fans, which wasnt nice to witness.

I really hope all the good work that was put in to open the EE hasnt been undone after last night, but I can see how the club will have something to say about it.

Lot of fuss about nothing. Didnt think there were more or less people standing on seats last night than for other games, so why it had to kick off is unclear.

Yes, there was a bit of a surge when we went 2-0 down, but I think that was more a reflection of how badly we were playing than anything else - and only lasted 30 seconds or so. Two brilliant surges when we scored our goals - all good-natured and the stewards were smiling about it when we all went back to our standing areas.

If you want the best view in the ground, and some peace and quiet, go in a different stand. If you are short, either go to the back of the EE and accept that your view will be compromised for the sake of the atmosphere, or go nearer the front of the stand and get a better view.

The girl "steward" was causing more hassle for herself by her attitude

I assume your on about the one with dark hair - who is very rude. At the game where the back of the stand was taped off, I had a run in with her. Quite a few chaps were banging the pillar, ingoring the tape and stepping over it ... I was near the tape, merely observing - she then started looking at me at telling me her dad was a Leeds hooligan in the seventies and was stabbed etc etc. I replied "why you telling me for, I don't care who he is"

A few minutes later, I asked her "Excuse me, can I put my bottle of coke over there" (pointing at taped area, about 1 yard in, 2 yards away from me). She replied "Are you an Idiot?". I angrily replied " who the **** you calling a Idiot?! they take the lid of the bottles and I don't want to spill my drink" She looked stunned and left me alone from that point.

Point is, she LOOKS for trouble, and is very rude, often calling people names. Was going to make a complaint about her, but forgot her number.

But those orange and black jacket stewards walk around like they own the place - they are no help at all.

Even the regular City Stewards dislike them so I am told. They were complete and utter #######s last night. Yes a fella and a girl was removed, From what I saw that number 017 just had it in for that guy. I was fairly close to him and I didn't see him do anything wrong apart from standing on a seat but as everyone else was then I don't see why he was singled out.

Yep, that person was me, and like yourself, i don't see why i was singled out. When asked to get off the seat, i did. However she made a bee line for me and actually walked past others who were stood on seat's to specifically target me. Then she came back over minutes later with other stewards who accused me of being "aggressive" towards her!

Fair enough, i was stood on the seat, but i don't see why it was myself who was picked out of the crowd. When they took me to the back gate myself and my girlfriend tried to ask the girl what her reasons were but other setwards kept us away; with this, the girl started crying! I mean for god sake, if you're big enough to throw somone out of the ground and make them miss 2 goals at least justify why and not just hide behind others and cry about it.

I'm considering writing a letter of complaint, but is it really worth it?

Yep, that person was me, and like yourself, i don't see why i was singled out. When asked to get off the seat, i did. However she made a bee line for me and actually walked past others who were stood on seat's to specifically target me. Then she came back over minutes later with other stewards who accused me of being "aggressive" towards her!

Fair enough, i was stood on the seat, but i don't see why it was myself who was picked out of the crowd. When they took me to the back gate myself and my girlfriend tried to ask the girl what her reasons were but other setwards kept us away; with this, the girl started crying! I mean for god sake, if you're big enough to throw somone out of the ground and make them miss 2 goals at least justify why and not just hide behind others and cry about it.

Well, if enough of us complain about her she'll surely get sacked. I'm going to complain! She's very rude and hasnt got a clue what she is doing!

I don't see what everyone is complaining about i really don't, People standing on the seats do break them, which means the club has to replace them at a cost.

Well done everyone for no doubt getting the club even more pissed off about people in the east end, you will all moan when its shut.

True. Lets face it the club don't really wont the EE open at all for home fans, Lansdown + Sexstone were forced to open it due to the extra revenue it would create.

The club IMO are still looking for a valid reason to close it, lets not give them what they want!

I thought our stadium was an all seater , so nobody should be standing. :disapointed2se:

Ok, we should all just sit in silence like dummies :noexpression:

Standing is IMO what makes my experience so good in the EE, i have no problem with people wishing to just sit and watch the game, the Williams Ateyo and Dolman are the stands to be in if thats what you wish to do.

I don't see what everyone is complaining about i really don't, People standing on the seats do break them, which means the club has to replace them at a cost.

Well done everyone for no doubt getting the club even more pissed off about people in the east end, you will all moan when its shut.

true but there is a way of being asked and not charging in like a bull in a china shop! the stewards who are normally

there we have a good good repour with and when asked to get off seats people do listen, however those female stewards

were just looking for anything for a row and strutting up and down with the attitude of hitler with PMT , they were antaganising people with their attitude.

Yes mate certainly make a complaint. I was about 4 rows down from you so had a good view of what happened, I'm sure others including myself will back you up if need be

Are the club going to be taking any further action against you?

Ask them to move, I do, or don't stand somewhere you KNOW you will find it hard to have a good view.

Well done guys, the back of the stand will probably be shut now.

lets face it the east end is not fit for purpose let alone taking seats. the rake is way too shallow. pity we are stuck with it now till the move.

The thing that gets me is that these stewards always go to the back of the stand and ask those to sit down, now after paying your hard earned cash your not going to sit down if there are 15 rows of people all stood up infront of you, because you cant see, when i pointed out to the steward that you need to ask the people at the front to sit down first, she just stomed off- they are in there for crowd control but have no clue how to control a crowd!

i had a run in with her at half time and she said i'd have to deal with her dad (007)

i,m glad you mentioned 007, i have seen him a few times this season, he seems to quite enjoy his job. last night i spotted him queitly singing along with "red flag flying high". Now and again he'll step in to calm down certain people, but from what ive seen,he seems like the sort of steward who isnt power crazy, unlike other mini hitlers. He reminds me of an old skool beat booby, just calmly walking up and down and only getting stern, when needs be.

Sorry guys but its Ok to sing and support the club, but if you really want to support the club you should abide by the rules and that means sitting down, The Club could have the EE shut down by the FA if you do not sit in the seats provided. You wouldn't stand on seats in a pub, cinema, night club so why would you stand on the seats of this club you all love and support, Its time to respect the law guys,

Sorry guys but its Ok to sing and support the club, but if you really want to support the club you should abide by the rules and that means sitting down, The Club could have the EE shut down by the FA if you do not sit in the seats provided. You wouldn't stand on seats in a pub, cinema, night club so why would you stand on the seats of this club you all love and support, Its time to respect the law guys,

Wrong, they will not have it shut by the FA, its the FLA/Council. Also no club has ever ever had any part of a ground closed by the council/FLA. If they did, any club could take them to court to which the council/fla would have to prove the danger which they wouldn't be able to as its all a load of rubbish.

Wrong, its not the law. There are no laws regarding standing at football matches, why police do not get involved.

You might not stand up on the chair in a pub or nightclub, but you are legally allow to stand up in a nightclub or a bar. Unlike the draconian measures we currently have.

There is a lot on safestanding if you care to read up on it.

It is very hard not to stand on seats though when the people in front are standing on seats and its a choice between doing that or not watching the game.

I managed to get myself into a little space last night which meant my view wasnt too blocked by people standing up. I got down off my seat when asked, and I'm not complaining at having to stand up, I prefer it, and having sat in the EE for a while now, I cannot imagine being anywhere else to watch a match, don't knock it til you've tried it.

And as for people not standing on seats in a pub or a cinema, well I don't leave a film 10 mins early or a pub before ive finished my drink but people leave the Dolman before a game has finished, so its different things for different people. We might not all understand it, we will never all agree on it, but there is no LAW that says we cant stand on seats, its a health and safety issue not a legal one, which is why you will never see a policeman or woman asking someone to sit down. The stewards do it because they are employed to keep things safe.

So once you have found your seat, i take it that you stay seated apart from toilet breaks or when its time to refuel or leave. How about when something exciting happens? (like an 88th minute equaliser) do you stay seated then? do you sit in silence? of course you do, just like when something exciting happens in a cinema.

How can you compare a football stadium to a cinema or nightclub, thats just a daft analogy.

Yes it is the law i agree, but your comparison of pubs,clubs and the flix are utter rubbish mate, deep down you know this. Since when did people stand on terracing to watch a movie?, standing up at the footy went on for years and years. People must undersand to force all-seater stadia on people would always be hard to police as football is a short game of high tension watched by half cut passionate fans who are going to be up and down, happy and unhappy. it seems all the fans who wish to be in the eastend no the score and are happy with it.

Ok, we should all just sit in silence like dummies :noexpression:

Standing is IMO what makes my experience so good in the EE, i have no problem with people wishing to just sit and watch the game, the Williams Ateyo and Dolman are the stands to be in if thats what you wish to do.

sorry but and all seater stadium means all seater stadium weather you are in the dolman.atyeo,williams or east end.

it is annoying that someone stands in front of you when you are trying to watch the game.

by the way you can still sing and shout sitting down. yes get up when we are on an attack but

please sit down again. stand jump and shout out loud when we score but sit down again.

please think of others.

Archived