IGNORED

Saturdays Starting Line Up

mightyreds89

I am looking forward to seeing GJ team line up on Saturday has a few selection headaches to make big decisions in my eyes he neds to find a way of ensuring that Noble and Trundle start! For me I would go for it and try out the below. A chelsea style formation

BASSO

ORR CAREY FONTAINE MCCALLISTER

NOBLE JOHNSON MCINDOE

MAYNARD TRUNDLE

AKINDE

SUBS

ADEBOLA

ELLIOTT (MORE TIE TO GAIN FITNESS)

WILLIAMS

WILSON

WEALE

I am looking forward to seeing GJ team line up on Saturday has a few selection headaches to make big decisions in my eyes he neds to find a way of ensuring that Noble and Trundle start! For me I would go for it and try out the below. A chelsea style formation

BASSO

ORR CAREY FONTAINE MCCALLISTER

NOBLE JOHNSON MCINDOE

MAYNARD TRUNDLE

AKINDE

SUBS

ADEBOLA

ELLIOTT (MORE TIE TO GAIN FITNESS)

WILLIAMS

WILSON

WEALE

Basso

wilson fontaine carey mcalister

noble elliot mcindoe

Trundle

akinde maynard

Controversial but I believe trundle would dictate play in that position with those two in front!

I think the side badly needs an injection of creativity, but that midfield would get played through and we'd be wide open defensively.

I'd go for:

Basso

Orr Carey Fontaine McAllister

Elliot

Noble Johnson Wilson

Trundle

Akinde

Subs:

Maynard

Adebola

Skuse

Sproule

Weale

Trundle in a free role behind the main striker, Akinde. Noble for some added guile in midfield, the athleticism and ball-winning of Elliot and Wilson's pace and ability to defend and attack.

If he doesn't start Trundle on Saturday then it really is a crime. The bloke is class and needs to be on the pitch. This City team lacks imagination and flair - Trundle and Noble are our two most creative players, it baffles me why they aren't playing more. Are we really that focused on not losing the game rather than trying to win it? :blink:

I agree that Noble and Trundle are capable of massively increasing our attacking ability but the question still remains over both players ability to last 70-80 minutes whilst maintaining that level of contribution.

Changes need to be made, not just in players but the mentality too, but i feel these two are at their most effectiveness when doing what they did last night.

PDG

Gary's selection policy is that not only do you have to take your chance, but the other player has to lose his right to play in the team.

So

Basso

Orr, Carey, Fontaine, McAllister

Noble, Johnson, Elliott, Wilson (subbed for McIndoe then Macca gets his place back)

Trundle, Maynard

Weale, Akinde, McIndoe, Webster/Skuse, Adebola

I'm going to say GJ will ''rest'' Maynard.

Will GJ keep switching the keeper after every mistake? Last nights Basso error was a thousand times worse than Weale's at Wolves so as we all know he sticks to his guns, I'm going for Weale.

so...

Weale

Orr Carey Fonts Macca

Sproule Elliott (if not fit then Skuse) Johnson McIndoe

Trundle Adebola

Subs:

Basso

Akinde

Webster

Noble

AN Other depending on injuries.

Archived