IGNORED

Team For Sheffield United

westy

As much as I'm sure that would be good, it will never happen - its too attacking for an away game at Sheffield Utd.

exactly the sort of thinking that will get us 1 point and leave us stuck mid table for a number of weeks, kissing an dream of automatic promotion away

___________Basso____________

Orr____Carey___Fontaine__McAllister

Sproule_____Elliott_______McIndoe

_______Noble______Trundle______

___________Adebola___________

Subs: Weale, Wilson, Johnson, Akinde, Maynard

Elliott on his own in MF with 4 flair players? - never happen.

As much as I Like Nobes and Trunds, they ain't going to help Elliott out a lot and we would be overrun in MF and looking at a BIG whooping

A different formation, Try Trundle out on the wing and Noble out on the other, and give Mccindoe a chance in centre midfield. Akinde only for the bench. -

........Basso.

Orr.....Carey.....Fontaine....Mccalister

Noble......Marv.......Mccindoe.........Trundle

...........Maynard.......Adebola.......

Subs-

.Weale

.Webster

.Williams

.Akinde

.Wilson

:cool:

I`m not convinced Noble has the match fitness to start the game yet. Neither do i feel that Johnson should be made the scapegoat for Tues nights 60 min horror show. I do think that options have to be explored and GJ needs to have a think about our tactics and style of play. Doing that against one of our stronger opponents is as good a time as any. So, my starting line up would be.......

Basso

Orr

Fontaine

Carey

McAllister

Sproule

Elliot

Johnson

McIndoe

Akinde

Maynard

Subs

Weale

Trundle

Adebola

Noble

Wilson

Of course that depends upon the fitness of certain players and upon no other players picking up sudden mystery `injuries`

You`re not going to change things overnight so I think Akinde would still offer a target for those long balls that are going to be played but i`d like to see how he gets on. There`s a heck of a lot of pace there and i`d like to see how he gets on with Maynard.

i`d like to give Noble at least another 30 minutes in the 2nd half in place of LJ. It would give him more time under his belt and a chance to see how the Marvin/Noble partnership would compare to the Marvin/LJ one. Trundle for Sproule or Maynard depending on the state of the game i guess.

I don`t suppose it will happen but i do think we are getting to the point where GJ needs to be thinking about exploring different options. I know it`s not a crisis as such but if we are to realistically put in a challenge for the top 6 then this is as close to a crisis as we`ve come since GJ took charge.

PDG

----------------------------------Weale---------------------------

-------Wilson--------Carey--------------Fontaine-------McAllister

---------------------------------Elliott-----------------------------

------------McIndoe------------------------------Trundle---------

---------------------------------Noble----------------------------

---------------------------Maynard-------------------------------

----------------------------------Adebola------------------------

A different formation, Try Trundle out on the wing and Noble out on the other, and give Mccindoe a chance in centre midfield. Akinde only for the bench. -

........Basso.

Orr.....Carey.....Fontaine....Mccalister

Noble......Marv.......Mccindoe.........Trundle

...........Maynard.......Adebola.......

Subs-

.Weale

.Webster

.Williams

.Akinde

.Wilson

:cool:

Some good team selections here.

I would go for the above, but with Johnson on the bench.

Archived