IGNORED

Jamie Mcallister

BCFC Grim

congrats! but they must have been watching him last season a lot too, if it was based on just this season i don't think he would have been called up!

Why not?

I think he's been excellent this season...probably one of our top 3 performers.

Burley obviously cant be reading this site much then. As according to lots he is rubbish.

I don't think it is a case of Mac is rubbish.........just not as good as we want or need at left back (IMO)

He rarely gets past the fullback or to the byeline, mainly because he struggles to get back now

The one time he did overlap v Plymuff we scored - which shows that he can cross very effectivley when in a position to do so

Well done to you Maccy - hope you get to play - club is proud of you

I don't think it is a case of Mac is rubbish.........just not as good as we want or need at left back (IMO)

He rarely gets past the fullback or to the byeline, mainly because he struggles to get back now

The one time he did overlap v Plymuff we scored - which shows that he can cross very effectivley when in a position to do soWell done to you Maccy - hope you get to play - club is proud of you

This cross was in no small way down to the inch perfect pass to Mcallister set up by Trundle. If Trundle was in the team more often we might get more of these overlap runs from our fullback!

Well done Jamie :clapping:

I have to say that I've been very critical of McAllister's defensive qualities on here. Basically, I don't believe he has any. He seems to never get tight to the winger and this can cause mayhem if the winger has any pace.

Having said that, I was, even before his call up, going to post on here to say that I thought he has had two really good games against Wolves and Plymouth. His tackling was great and his cross for Akinde was inch perfect (hello Mr Sproule...).

I wish him the best of luck for Scotland although I think Burley was hinting that he may not get a game this time.

Archived