IGNORED

Sheffield Utd Away

21. Marcham

Just noticed on OS, whilst reading up on the latest news, that we are only taking just over 650 fans tomorrow.

I know it's also pay on the day, but surely we cannot expect many more to Sheffield.

How many of you are going?

Also, does anyone know where the City will be drinking before kick-off?

Our away followings seem to have been lower more recently, two obvious factors, spending money is a massive problem for many people, and last seson most of these grounds were "new" to people

The cost is having a big effect on fans going to away matches, like Mike Hucknel said Money to tight to mention.

I've never really been able to afford to get to away games. So I'm an away-game virgin.

But as an exile now living in Reading I'm going to go to my first two. I'm obviously able to get to the Reading game without extra travel costs, and I'm combining visiting friends(they're a bit put out, 'cos they don't all wanna come to the game!) in Southampton and a firework display over the Channel, with a trip to St. Mary's.

The credit crunch could be blamed. It costs me quite a bit to come home to Bristol, but I've found the key to that is to combine it with family functions that I'd be travelling home for anyway. (again, I invite my mum but she still gets upset and says I only come home for the footie and not to see her...)

So, why not have a look at your calendars and plan to visit family/friends around the country when City are conveniently playing that weekend??

deffo money , i use to go all the away games by train with my mate on the train , early train from parkway drink at places like chesterfield , bury , port vale, swindon grimsby etc from about 11am and usually stop off at brum on the way home and get the last train home , but recently the price of train tickets , match tickets and food beer etc + the cost of living at home and the worry of this reccession has made me think a little more about going to away games , went to quite a few last year but this year have yet to do one , deffo doing charlton was superb last year (hope its the same this year ) also going to brum , shows its tight everywhere aswell big club like brum didnt even bring 2,000 down to us , so its not just us

Today easily cost me around £90 and that includes sharing the cost of petrol so I can see why many people especially those with families would be put off.

Archived