IGNORED

How I See It (not Through Rose Tinted Glasses)

Rich

Perhaps he shouldn't be the manager of this club, if he continues to be blind to the fact that certain players aren't good enough. This doesn't just count for his son, there is a number of others postions that do need improving. But haven't been due to his over "loyality".

Yes some will feel this is harsh and I'm out of order, but I'm sure just as many will think I actually have a point.

At last, the general lunancy of the last twenty four hours on this forum has culminated with someone, effectively, calling for Johnson's head. I wonder if Pulis fancies coming back?

They're all better than Carle - can someone tell me what he did while he was here in order to achieve cult status?? They guy was a big disappointment - lots of energy, maybe, but all misdirected, much like his passing.

In that case both Lee Johnson and Nick Carle are the same type of player then. Lots of energy, poor distribution (unless backwards or sideways) and NO GOAL THREAT WHATSOEVER. We got rid of one, now we just need to get some quality in to replace the other.

At last, the general lunancy of the last twenty four hours on this forum has culminated with someone, effectively, calling for Johnson's head. I wonder if Pulis fancies coming back?

Have you not seen the post that says that we'd be better off with Wilson?

Carle being the top scorer with 3 goals.

3 goals that include a penalty and one against Hereford in the League Cup, yesterday (not for the first time) he was subbed at HT, he certainly wasn't rubbish but those who are making out we let some modern day Maradona go are clutching at straws.

3 goals that include a penalty and one against Hereford in the League Cup, yesterday (not for the first time) he was subbed at HT, he certainly wasn't rubbish but those who are making out we let some modern day Maradona go are clutching at straws.

Let us face it.

Regardless of their ability that is not the point re LJ /NC.

Whatever many on this board may think of me, I did actually hold down a very well paid senior post with a successful international company for 25 years.

That is not a boast which makes my opinion any the more valid just a statement of fact.

Never in a 100 years would I have allowed my son ( however clever ) to get anywhere near my department or even a sub department.

Even if I was that stupid the company would have vetoed it.

Recipe for disaster that SL should have prevented ( although I support SL otherwise )

It has just created problems ( real or imaginary it does not matter ) that could and should have been avoided.

End of.

Carle when played was mostly used out of position and when played in the center was a strong classy intelligent footballer that ran the show,unfortunately someone else has that position so he had to go (or did he have fitness problems).

Do you honestly think our present midfielders are better than Carle?

Exactly Carle was head and shoulders above what passe's for our mid-field,the lack of physical strength in that area is obvious Elliott is the only one with bite and skill combined. Most games the mid-field is by passed altogether or simple muscled out and over run playing the ball sideways or backwards.Last season was a bonus i accept that we are seen as a little small fry fish in a big pond by others ,but we can surely do better than this the same mistakes game after game own goals,goal keeping errors perhaps our luck has just run out ?

Our quality central midfielder Carle was sold for profit to finance other deals (or was it to remove competition in that area?).

If it was to 'remove competition in that area' then could you please explain why the #### GJ signed Carle in the first place?

Carle was and probably still is a show pony, that is why he was sold.

If it was to 'remove competition in that area' then could you please explain why the #### GJ signed Carle in the first place?

Carle was and probably still is a show pony, that is why he was sold.

Mate, no point on stating the obvious, as unfortuantly Carles been built up to be a worldbeater, the same as Wilkshire was.

"We didn't suit his style of play". Real class shines through regardless, and it was too little too late from Carle to justify turning down a bid for him.

I hope our support was made of stronger stuff than this in '82, or I suspect the Clifton Suspension Bridge would have been like a level from the game "Lemmings".

Mate, no point on stating the obvious, as unfortuantly Carles been built up to be a worldbeater, the same as Wilkshire was.

"We didn't suit his style of play". Real class shines through regardless, and it was too little too late from Carle to justify turning down a bid for him.

I hope our support was made of stronger stuff than this in '82, or I suspect the Clifton Suspension Bridge would have been like a level from the game "Lemmings".

Lemmings, that's a very apt analogy of how we played on saturday and I was there. You're right about real class shining through, unfortunately it wasn't shining in our midfield.

to be frank i'm not sure and never was sure that Carle was the answer, he looked good in flashes but was largely innefective, he showed signs that he could have kicked on to become a quality player for us, but then again he might not have done.

I still think our best bet in central midfield is Noble and Elliot, Noble's fitness levels are under queston but then thats what Elliot is for, Elliot has the ability and engine to help a plyer like Noble out, he's probably have to do less work than he does now and when with LJ and is basically in central midfield on his own, which is why our midfield has been so poor. Skuse is an able deputy to Elliot, but not stuck alongside Johnson as Skuse is not good enough to dominate a central midfield on his own, he is more than capable of being in a central midfield with a creative player and being the ball winner, he does it in a very different way to Elliot but still does the job. Skuse is getting a lot of stick but it's not his fault he has nobody alongside him in central midfield, he's a decent player but he's not like Elliot a Premier League class midfielder who can paper over Lj's massive deficiencies. Skuse can't, and until Elliot is back to full fitness and Lj is playing we will be dominated in midfield by most teams in this league. a Noble / Williams and Skuse midfield is adequate it won't be dominated as Skuse can get the ball and then will have an outlet in central midfield, 99% of the time if Skuse wins the ball in midfield he can either just hump it to Dele or Maynard, and has no quick option as Johnson is sat about 6 feet infront of carey. I'm sorry but Johnson has to be dropped, he's been dismal for most of the season and has to know he's not untouchable, everyone else is not beyond dropping, yet Lj seems to be, which is why the accusations of nepotism appear, and are understandable even though i don't think it's the case.

Archived