IGNORED

David Noble

dezgimed

David Noble apparently lacks fitness to last 90 minutes.

No idea if this is true, I've never met him and spoken to him about it, as many on this forum apparently have.

My question would be, why cant he get fit then?

Why would GJ be so unprofessional as to keep a player on the books who 'likes a drink' (not my words but others' on here), or who has some physiological issue with his body that prevents him from laasting 90 minutes?

Is he even training, surely that would get him up to scratch?

I propose he can in fact last 90 minutes (sharpness comes with games) but he isnt favoured and this fitness issue is just hearsay.

No idea if this is true, I've never met him and spoken to him about it, as many on this forum apparently have.

Why would GJ be so unprofessional as to keep a player on the books who 'likes a drink' (not my words but others' on here), or who has some physiological issue with his body that prevents him from laasting 90 minutes?

I propose he can in fact last 90 minutes (sharpness comes with games) but he isnt favoured and this fitness issue is just hearsay.

With Elliott as companion it should be no problem.

We can argue about Lee Johnson for ages (and we have). Gary believes he is the best alternative. Right or wrong - that's it.

You would think that any player with "fitness issues" but who had rescued his team with an equaliser a few days earlier might have been given a run-out to get him some match sharpness with his team 3-0 down and pretty much out............or maybe not.

Both Nobes and Trundle suffer the same fitness issue so why not, and this could be a bit out there, play one for one half and vice versa! Surely a half with each of them on gives us attacking creativity, the ability to shoot outside of the box and keep both players happy and incentive to get fitter.

I've seen Noble play on numerous occasions for the reserves, and for the whole 90 minutes, fitness is not an issue as the play off matches proved.

They all have fitness tests in training, and so I unsderstand, they all have breath tests before training to check wether thay have been on the juice the night before.

I can't figure out, why, at 3-0 down, he still can't get a run out, or maybe I can, but would face the wrath of certain members on here for even dare suggesting it.

I agree with the many people people who believe he should start automatically, given what he has shown us and not least in key games in League 1 and the championship play-offs.

He frightens the opposition with his skills, play-making and eye for a goal. He can regularly do the unexpected.

Even half a game of that would do us.

It's strange the number of creative central midfield players which GJ has bought and then has either sold on and/or only used if regulars are injured and/or we are going through a bad run - Noble, Carle, Williams. And even then they have often if not usually been used wide rather than central midfield, where I think most would agree is their best position.

Is it that he just likes his midfield to be - as he sees it - solid?

But if thats the case why buy them?

Most midfields have a hard working grafter and an attacking creative talent. Why aren't we using ours, until we're a couple of goals down and its too late?

You cant knock what GJ has done so far, but that is the one aspect that for me is a complete mystery.

It's strange the number of creative central midfield players which GJ has bought and then has either sold on and/or only used if regulars are injured and/or we are going through a bad run - Noble, Carle, Williams. And even then they have often if not usually been used wide rather than central midfield, where I think most would agree is their best position.

Is it that he just likes his midfield to be - as he sees it - solid?

But if thats the case why buy them?

Most midfields have a hard working grafter and an attacking creative talent. Why aren't we using ours, until we're a couple of goals down and its too late?

You cant knock what GJ has done so far, but that is the one aspect that for me is a complete mystery.

I agree, Johnson does not like to play ''creative'' midfileders and instead ops for his son who i really am struggling to grasp what johnson junior offers in a game. Noble is IMO are best and only creative player in the middle, and for some strange reason only plays know and again.

When Noble is on form he is one of the best creative players in the championship, why johnson dosnt play him more often is a mystery.

I agree, Johnson does not like to play ''creative'' midfileders and instead ops for his son who i really am struggling to grasp what johnson junior offers in a game. Noble is IMO are best and only creative player in the middle, and for some strange reason only plays know and again.

When Noble is on form he is one of the best creative players in the championship, why johnson dosnt play him more often is a mystery.

I don't think its much of a mystery anymore to be honest.

Noble, woooooooooo

Noble, woooooooooo

If he stays off the booze

We'll surely never lose...

Lets start him and take him off when he's lagging then!?

Exactly what my point has been for months! If he can't last the 90 mins, I'd rather he played and got us 2-0 up, than sat on the bench (or worse still, the stands!) and only came on when we were 2 or 3 nil down...

I understand Noble's natural fitness is poor. No idea why.

Playing 90 mins of reserve football is very different to playing 90 mins of League football.

That said I would like to see him play, in the hole, 451.

I seem to recall his play-off goal was scored because he couldn't run any further so he spanked it in the top corner... thank god for his lack of fitness. :innocent06:

If David Noble comes into our side we will start playing football again because he has the balls to put his foot on the ball, change the direction of the play and look for a pass or run forwards with it when he has opposition players near him rather than just looking to get rid of it straight away under the guise of "keeping the ball moving". He is also the only regular goalscoring threat we have from either open play or direct from free kicks in our central midfield department throughout the whole squad. His so called lack of fitness cannot be helped by being used so sporadically by Gary Johnson. I believe he is a player that has been underused throughout his City career, given the quality he does possess, and notwithstanding the fantastic work GJ has done for us it was a very poor decision to give him no involvement in the game on Saturday after the work he did for us in the limited timeframe during the week.

I understand the need to gradually build a side over time to ultimately get us where we want to go and last season we succeeded primarily on team spirit and workrate (underlined by the relative lack of goals we scored compared to the teams around us and the negative goal difference we had for the vast majority of the season). This season I was hoping that we were gradually going to adapt our playing style to introduce some quality into our team, even at the expense of grinding out a few results like we did last season on occasions - but I would have taken that as long as the quality was improving in the long run. At the moment, after ten games, our playing style has regressed into a route 1 aerial assault on the opposition and there is very minimal quality to be seen in our midfield department as a whole. We have a central midfield "creative" player who works his nuts off but just cannot score goals or create them from open play regularly at this level and not one winger in our squad who can go past the opposition full back and get a decent cross in with any regularity whatsoever. Those areas were where I was hoping to see an improvement and as yet I have not seen anything.

Archived