IGNORED

Should Gary Johnson Sit In The Stand For A While?

A Horse With No Name

Having watched many Premier League matches this season on telly, it occurs to me that an awful lot of managers sit up in the directors box, with a phone link to the dug out. I wonder whether GJ should try this for a few games, as he would surely get a better view of what is actually going wrong on the pitch, and appreciate the fans concerns. He would get a better view of the narrowness of our play, and the long punt up to Dele, which more often thatn not gives possession straight back to the opposition. Anybody who has ever watched a game from pitch level, can appreciate how fast the game looks, and also how seeing it up close can mask some of the major problems.

I'm sure Gary likes to be close to the players, and holler his instructions, but I wonder how often these are heard , and even less acted upon. It surely couldn't hurt being up in the Gods for a few games?

Having watched many Premier League matches this season on telly, it occurs to me that an awful lot of managers sit up in the directors box, with a phone link to the dug out. I wonder whether GJ should try this for a few games, as he would surely get a better view of what is actually going wrong on the pitch, and appreciate the fans concerns. He would get a better view of the narrowness of our play, and the long punt up to Dele, which more often thatn not gives possession straight back to the opposition. Anybody who has ever watched a game from pitch level, can appreciate how fast the game looks, and also how seeing it up close can mask some of the major problems.

I'm sure Gary likes to be close to the players, and holler his instructions, but I wonder how often these are heard , and even less acted upon. It surely couldn't hurt being up in the Gods for a few games?

If he sat in the premier seating in the Williams then the players will probably still hear him due to the non existant background noise... :whistle2:

33ykn61.jpg

He is always welcome to come and bang the Pillar or have a go on the megaphone in the EE. Although because of his size he wouldn't be able to see a thing.

What exactly would this achieve? Of course he sees what the problems are, 17000 people see it and he's no exception.

Sitting in the stands phoning Millen isn't going to help!

And I presume you are referring to the Newcastle game yesterday? The only reason Kinnear was in the stands was because he is serving a touchline ban. I don't know why any manager would voluntarily avoid the dugout...

He could come and sit next to me in the dolman,

provided he dosnt mind missing the first 5 mins due to late comers and he dosnt mind getting up every 10 mins to let them go a pi55, But he would get away with leaving 5 mins before half time like the rest for his team talk, so he could watch 30 mins and miss the goals, but you never know he might see something...... :rofl2br::whistle2:

He could come and sit next to me in the dolman,

provided he dosnt mind missing the first 5 mins due to late comers and he dosnt mind getting up every 10 mins to let them go a pi55, But he would get away with leaving 5 mins before half time like the rest for his team talk, so he could watch 30 mins and miss the goals, but you never know he might see something...... :rofl2br::whistle2:

Even gary johnson isnt stupid enouth to sit in the stupid seats (i.e 1st 3 rows of the dolman)

Archived