IGNORED

Has The Season Finished Already?

Tom Fleuriot

I think City fans are awful at coping with defeat.

We've played 6 out of the current top 7, and done okay (although I'd like more).

We've played only 3 out of the bottom 10, and got 7 points (and should have got more against Derby were it not for LJ's howler and a lack of finishing).

To start calling this a crisis is panicking. Let's see what the deal is halfway through the season and then starting saying Johnson's out of his depth.

I can't find a snapshot of last season after 10 games, but here's the Championship Table at Christmas last year:

http://www.sportingchronicle.com/blogger/2...stmas-2007.html

Hull were 5 points off the playoffs. If you translate our two points off the playoffs into a very crude average, we would be about 5 points off in 23 games' time. I know people think it's different, but Wolves have already started their mini-slide and Birmingham/Reading will likely lose a few players in January.

I for one am quietly pleased with how this season has started.

You ar eright. But this happens to every team that did well the season before.

Expectations are going to be high and its unfair to think the fans are going to just take it on the chin and realise they may not do so well this season. But i think poeple need to stop moaning and think outside of the box. How can we imporve things as a fan base?

Not how can we moan until we get what we want.

Archived