IGNORED

Any Bcfc Stattos Out There?

Rich-TWSC-

Evening all

A favour: Does anyone have the line-ups and subs used for your friendly against Chelsea in the mid-90's. The opening of the Atyeo End I believe. Programme cover had a jazzy Ruud Gullit design. John Spencer scored for Chelsea if my memory serves me correctly.

Many thanks,

Rich

(feel free to move this post if it's not in the right forum)

Wow i was at this game. All of our Banwell Juniors football team spent a day training with some city youth coaches in the park opposite Ashton Gate then watched the game from the Dolman. We were all given balloons and some other freebies. My mate let his helium filled balloon go and it went up really high then bounced from the half way line all the way to the goal and went in just under the crossbar. Lots of people around the ground cheered.

I also remember asking Nigel Spackman to call Gullit over so we could get his autograph but Ruud wouldnt come over. Spencer did score, Kharine played in goal, Steve Clarke played, Gullit and i think Mark Hughes even played.

For City i cant remember who played at all. If i remember anymore i will post it on here.

Martin Scott and Andy Cole scored, but I don't have a list of the line-up.

Andy Cole defo didnt play. This was the beggining of Ruud Gullit's 1st season at Chelsea which which was 1995/96. Andy Cole was with us 92/93.

I remember that the same player got both City's goals but i can't remember who though.

Andy Cole defo didnt play. This was the beggining of Ruud Gullit's 1st season at Chelsea which which was 1995/96. Andy Cole was with us 92/93.

I remember that the same player got both City's goals but i can't remember who though.

I'm sure it was David Seal that got both goals and wasn't that the game were Ian Baird 'saluted' the Atyeo after he copped a bit of abuse?

Ah right. I'm looking at the wrong Chelsea friendly then.

According to the Citystats site the only friendly against Chelsea was on the 8th August 1992, City won 2-1 in front of 3700. No team or scorers details on there. The programme is for sale on ebay though so perhaps if you open up the item you might be able to see the team details ( i cant use ebay from work so i cant see it)

Cheers

Didnt we get spanked by them that game? I could well be wrong.

The only thing I can remember about that game was how good Gullit was.

I can remember two 60-yard passes by him out to the either wing, with the outside of either foot, and both of them dropped right onto the wingers toe. It was incredible to see that sort of quality at the Gate then.

Didnt we get spanked by them that game? I could well be wrong.

The only thing I can remember about that game was how good Gullit was.

I can remember two 60-yard passes by him out to the either wing, with the outside of either foot, and both of them dropped right onto the wingers toe. It was incredible to see that sort of quality at the Gate then.

Incredible to see it now!

Mind you if your talking about a 60 yarder dropping onto the shiny part of Dele's head that's a mundane occurance.

Evening all

A favour: Does anyone have the line-ups and subs used for your friendly against Chelsea in the mid-90's. The opening of the Atyeo End I believe. Programme cover had a jazzy Ruud Gullit design. John Spencer scored for Chelsea if my memory serves me correctly.

Many thanks,

Rich

(feel free to move this post if it's not in the right forum)

You do not realise what bitter frustration you've just put me through :bruce_h4h:

After sifting through various piles of crap I clutter my place in for sentimentality I finally stumbled across said programme only to find its all important cover missing :ranting:

The best I can tell you was the line up for the last match of the previous season away at Millwall was: Welch, Hansen, Munro, Bryant, Dryden, Partridge, Martin, Khul..... and the rest ran onto the inside of the back cover. Educated guess for the remaining 3 would be any from Allison (who did infact score at Millwall if memory serves), Baird, Bent, Edwards and Tinnion. It was the relegation season and pi$$ poor we were too.

1-1 I'm pretty sure it was. Hoddle was their boss and indeed Gullit was making his debut. Scott Minto and Frank Sinclair are also players that spring to mind.

Seem to remember there was a streaker too.

I was 12 when i watched this and at that age you just remember certain things. I'm 100% positive it was 2-2 and Spencer got both for Chelsea and someone got both of City's goals. It wasnt Andy Cole, Martin Scott or Barnard. I think it may have been Seal or maybe even Rob Edwards.

I also remember the balloon incident i mentioned above and also Mark Hughes had a trademark volley that went up onto the roof of the East End and the ball got stuck up behind the sign on the roof. As a 12 year old, seeing the ball stuck up on the roof from where we were sat high up in the dolman was rather amusing.

the game was the day of my birth august 6th 1995

It most certainly was Ashton .......(I'm his dad by the way)

You were registered as a "Junior red" just before the kick off :innocent06:

The lady filling out the junior red application form asked me your age and I told her "3 hours"

She had to ask twice before it sunk in then squeeled with delight before proceeding to tell every other memebr of the Junior reds present that we had the youngest member ever

don't know if that has been broken yet or not :noexpression:

Then she asked for a photo - and I gave her a picture of your mums scan I had in my wallet which brought much hilarity

Back to the game

It was 1-1

Our scorer I think was Justin Edinburgh who was on loan from spurs if I remember rightly

It may have been another centre half we had on loan but sure it was Edinburgh's

Archived