IGNORED

What Ever Happened To

WARWICK RED

morning all

just have a quick question!!

does anybody remember and also what happened to john laycock???? he stepped down as chairman a few years ago and then lansdown took over!

funny you say that i seen him in emersons green in say pasta few weeks ago he was having a buisness meeting with two blokes dindnt know them so could be to do with anything!

He used to be my boss before i left my old job a few months ago, he owns precision vending machines on avonside trading estate just off feeder road. he's a nobhead

And he's Chairman of Brandon Tool Hire, his son used to play Rugby a while ago not sure if he saw sense :noexpression:

funny you say that i seen him in emersons green in say pasta few weeks ago he was having a buisness meeting with two blokes dindnt know them so could be to do with anything!

That would be because he part own's Say Pasta with Carl Say, who is the head chef ( guy with the idea ) I know John's daughter claire, who is bloody gorgeous ha ha she didn't get her looks from her Dad

Guest RobbieTurner
He used to be my boss before i left my old job a few months ago, he owns precision vending machines on avonside trading estate just off feeder road. he's a nobhead

He owns many companies not just that one. Most of what John gets involved in turns to gold, he is a very very successful business man. I met him on loads of occasions as he is one of my father in laws best mates. To describe him as a 'nobhead' is very childish and very inaccurate.

I suppose he was a nobhead to pay players wages out of his own pocket in darker years, during the close season as well was he...?

There are a lot of things John did for City that many do not know about, all of which were for the betterment of our club.

As a final point I met him during a five a weekly 5 a side game I was invited to join in. Quite a few of the directors were playing.

After the game we all went for a pint. Many of the people were slating Tony Thorpe....saying he was the biggest moaning ####### to have played for us. I waited my turn before blurting out...'can I have my turn now as a supporter who pays his money every week ?'

I went on to tell them I couldn't give a damn what his personality was like - I was just interested in the fact he put the ball in the net !

I found out at a later date that when I had left he told the others I was exactly the kind of person they should be listening to....red through and through. Hey presto Mr Thorpe returned at Bournemouth and promptly scored 2. He went on a good scoring run after that.

John is a good man and deserves praise for all the time and effort he put into city.

He owns many companies not just that one. Most of what John gets involved in turns to gold, he is a very very successful business man. I met him on loads of occasions as he is one of my father in laws best mates. To describe him as a 'nobhead' is very childish and very inaccurate.

I suppose he was a nobhead to pay players wages out of his own pocket in darker years, during the close season as well was he...?

There are a lot of things John did for City that many do not know about, all of which were for the betterment of our club.

As a final point I met him during a five a weekly 5 a side game I was invited to join in. Quite a few of the directors were playing.

After the game we all went for a pint. Many of the people were slating Tony Thorpe....saying he was the biggest moaning ####### to have played for us. I waited my turn before blurting out...'can I have my turn now as a supporter who pays his money every week ?'

I went on to tell them I couldn't give a damn what his personality was like - I was just interested in the fact he put the ball in the net !

I found out at a later date that when I had left he told the others I was exactly the kind of person they should be listening to....red through and through. Hey presto Mr Thorpe returned at Bournemouth and promptly scored 2. He went on a good scoring run after that.

John is a good man and deserves praise for all the time and effort he put into city.

What a nice post - I don't recall him being anything other than good , but i'm not as well informed as many.

Guest Red Nee Tot

I actually remember John in his younger days as a footballer -- And pretty dam good was he as well.

Well he did get to play for "Gods chosen team " albeit for the reserves only.

Nice man -- Good buisnessman and taking Team Bath up the leagues.

i wouldnt know what he did with city because i was too young to understand what he did back then... but having met the guy and worked under him, his personality stinks.

Archived