IGNORED

Vasko

leadman

hes better than webster.

however, scotts prem players who have come to the gate in the last few years have struggled with fitness across the board, miller was a cart horse on arrival but did find his feet in the end(ish) and mcalister got a whole lot better after a few games.

still think vasko should have been kept, other defenders got away with mistakes, he was crucified, top target man up top aswell.

nevermind

hes better than webster.

however, scotts prem players who have come to the gate in the last few years have struggled with fitness across the board, miller was a cart horse on arrival but did find his feet in the end(ish) and mcalister got a whole lot better after a few games.

still think vasko should have been kept, other defenders got away with mistakes, he was crucified, top target man up top aswell.

nevermind

Vasko was terrible.

Our 3 Centre backs are Championship Quality when all fit.

Webster is only short term.

hes better than webster.

nevermind

Nope. Poor Player, Would probably do well in the WWF due to the amount of grappling he did.

McAllister was quality from his debut and was fantastic in his first season, but shaky last season, however steady this season.

Webster......Poor Debut, but no more worse than Vasko's Debut where he was useless and subbed at half time.

Personally I'd have Webster over Vakso anyday!

he certainly wasnt terrible... ... infact i felt more comfortable when vasko had the ball than whenever mccombe does :noexpression:

i thought he showed enough during his time here to show why we signed him in the first place and the £100k agreed fee would have been a bargain... however GJ decided he couldnt trust him.... strange considering the trust he places in mccombe :noexpression: and duley bombed him

looked like he had the potential to be converted into a reasonable striker too, in fact at times last season was our most effective striker :innocent06: not with goals but generally getting ont he end of the ball and creating some scraps

would have been a useful squad player for us i feel

hes better than webster.

nevermind

Lost concentration from time to time. Not the best habit if you lack understanding of the game.

Now playing for Avellino in Serie B.

Nope. Poor Player, Would probably do well in the WWF due to the amount of grappling he did.

McAllister was quality from his debut and was fantastic in his first season, but shaky last season, however steady this season.

Webster......Poor Debut, but no more worse than Vasko's Debut where he was useless and subbed at half time.

McAllister had the worst debut ever I thought, it was at Huddersfield wasn't it?

I think Vasko was a decent player too.

totaly disagree vasko was a good player for us. he was versitle also he could come on up front and was incredible in the air

I agree. Unfortunately it's not top of the list of attributes to look for in a centre back. McCombe can mark a man for a start...

So can Vasko(if his mind was right-big if) - was it the Watford home game where he had an absolute blinder (henderson back pocket) only to be dropped the very next match?

mcalister was terrible in his first few games.

vasko was a good passer of a ball and good in the air, i think he got subed at cardiff when the player he was marking scored from a corner, I'm sure he was off the pitch with a head injury just before, all spilt milk but should have kept him imho.

Guest bothered

Vasko was fantasic, a huge lumbering lump of a man. He fitted in perfectly to the expansive football style that City employ and should have indeed been kept. There is a distinct lack of height in the side since he left.

Good job Lee Johnson plays every single game regardless of past performance, otherwise the average height of the team would be near enough 7 foot.

Vasko was fantasic, a huge lumbering lump of a man. He fitted in perfectly to the expansive football style that City employ and should have indeed been kept. There is a distinct lack of height in the side since he left.

Good job Lee Johnson plays every single game regardless of past performance, otherwise the average height of the team would be near enough 7 foot.

Are you just going to use that same (awful) joke in all your posts?

If so I'm sure Tom could replace you with a Bot quite easily and save you the hassle.

Are you just going to use that same (awful) joke in all your posts?

If so I'm sure Tom could replace you with a Bot quite easily and save you the hassle.

At least he only told the joke a couple of times

We have to trawel through your bloody enormous signature every time you post

Wasn't picked up by any other championship team was he - does that not tell us something?

That's true, although there's a few retained players who are of no interest to championship teams either.

I thought he was worth keeping on personally, and would have brought him on at Wembley - otherwise why have him on the bench (he was wasn't he?).

That's true, although there's a few retained players who are of no interest to championship teams either.

I thought he was worth keeping on personally, and would have brought him on at Wembley - otherwise why have him on the bench (he was wasn't he?).

I would have kept him too because we haven't replaced him, you can discount Webster. Yes he should have come on to replace Bradley, at Wembley, instead of the crazy decision to put Elliot at right back and bring on you know who.

I would have kept him too because we haven't replaced him, you can discount Webster. Yes he should have come on to replace Bradley, at Wembley, instead of the crazy decision to put Elliot at right back and bring on you know who.

Easy with hindsight.... but if you had brought Vasko on you would've had a centre back pairing (Fonts & Vasko) neither of which had much football before the final & our best centre back would've been playing at right back for the first time in ages.

Vasko was decent but lacked pace & concentration. Fontaine would've marked Campbell leaving Vasko & his concentration lapses to pick up Windass, possibly the craftiest player on the pitch. Not a great scenario.

Really rated and liked Vasko.

Anyone who went to Burnley last season will never forget our vital 1 nil ground out in the muck and rain thanks to Tomas.

mmm, now playing in serie b in italy, a better standard than the championship if the anglo-italian thing was anything to go by.

Easy with hindsight.... but if you had brought Vasko on you would've had a centre back pairing (Fonts & Vasko) neither of which had much football before the final & our best centre back would've been playing at right back for the first time in ages.

Vasko was decent but lacked pace & concentration. Fontaine would've marked Campbell leaving Vasko & his concentration lapses to pick up Windass, possibly the craftiest player on the pitch. Not a great scenario.

It would have kept Elliot in the middle to protect the back four instead of a bloke who can't, or won't tackle. You are right hindsight is easy, so surprised your sticking with what happened, we still lost.

It would have kept Elliot in the middle to protect the back four instead of a bloke who can't, or won't tackle. You are right hindsight is easy, so surprised your sticking with what happened, we still lost.

I don't strongly disagree that we could've done something different in the final. The bit which winds me up is when people suggest it's blatently obvious what we should've done - which as you say, with hindsight is easy. We lost McCombe hours before the final, we lost Orr 30 mins in, thats 50% of our usual solid back 4. I can well understand why Johnson chose to mess around further with the defence as little as possible. Had he brought on Vasko & he got exposes 1v1 with Campbell, people would've screamed that it's obvious that Campbell would murder him for pace.

We didn't lost the final because of that substitution, we lost it because not one of our creative players (Noble, Trundle, Carle & McIndoe) had particularly good games & they created very few chances.

I don't strongly disagree that we could've done something different in the final. The bit which winds me up is when people suggest it's blatently obvious what we should've done - which as you say, with hindsight is easy. We lost McCombe hours before the final, we lost Orr 30 mins in, thats 50% of our usual solid back 4. I can well understand why Johnson chose to mess around further with the defence as little as possible. Had he brought on Vasko & he got exposes 1v1 with Campbell, people would've screamed that it's obvious that Campbell would murder him for pace.

We didn't lost the final because of that substitution, we lost it because not one of our creative players (Noble, Trundle, Carle & McIndoe) had particularly good games & they created very few chances.

The other thing about Vasko is that he plays international football - ok Hungary isn't Brazil but he does play against people a bit better than Campbell and Windass .

If he was that dodgy even Hungary wouldn't pick him.

Archived