IGNORED

New Loan Signings

terjon

Is there any news on loan signings?

We have read GJ thinks that the side needs something between fine tuning and a major overhaul,

We have read mcclindoe saying the side needs more quality,

We also read from the legend Paul cheeseley that he thinks the side needs a few more qaulity loan signings to add to what we have, if we want prem football,

Have we actually done anything about these issues?

ANYBODY? :dunno:

How would we know?

Nothing officially anyway. But i'd imagine we're always on the lookout to improve the squad.

I would be looking seriously hard if I was manager.

I think this season will make or break GJ.

There is no doubt he is a legend and we will stay in this league and consolidate...

But has he/we got the X Factor? :innocent06:

I would be looking seriously hard if I was manager.

I think this season will make or break GJ.

There is no doubt he is a legend and we will stay in this league and consolidate...

But has he/we got the X Factor? :innocent06:

:englandsmile4wf::city: Why oh why do you people keep moaning. I would take where we are now to where we were two seasons ago any time. Pete johnsons pre season interview on BCFC world said they have constant contact with a string of internationals from abroad who won, t even look until we get to the Premier League. QPR ( for obvious reasons ) and now Charlton aside, most other clubs are in the premier parachute payment money go round and have far more money than we have. Clubs will get lucky runs,Wolves, Preston at the start of the season, Burnley seem to have the lucky heather at the moment. The ball will run our way eventually. I,m sure if GJ and SL can attract some top quality players to Ashton Gate then they will and since when did Tony Pullis have the X-Factor. You make your own luck. football is a fickle game and when we do a Hull or get some arab investment we may be able to compete for top players. But before we start splashing the cash around lets see where the football circus is at in six months time when the world financial matters have had time to level out because I'm sure that we will be suprised by the ammount of clubs that will feel the pinch.

:englandsmile4wf::city: Why oh why do you people keep moaning. I would take where we are now to where we were two seasons ago any time. Pete johnsons pre season interview on BCFC world said they have constant contact with a string of internationals from abroad who won, t even look until we get to the Premier League. QPR ( for obvious reasons ) and now Charlton aside, most other clubs are in the premier parachute payment money go round and have far more money than we have. Clubs will get lucky runs,Wolves, Preston at the start of the season, Burnley seem to have the lucky heather at the moment. The ball will run our way eventually. I,m sure if GJ and SL can attract some top quality players to Ashton Gate then they will and since when did Tony Pullis have the X-Factor. You make your own luck. football is a fickle game and when we do a Hull or get some arab investment we may be able to compete for top players. But before we start splashing the cash around lets see where the football circus is at in six months time when the world financial matters have had time to level out because I'm sure that we will be suprised by the ammount of clubs that will feel the pinch.

We aren't looking for a string of internationals, just some good quality loan signings to improve the side.

Anyone watching England U21's on Friday will have seen Mancienne's performance and that sort of player shouldn't be out of our reach - whether b***ocks or not, we were linked with him.

Of course, a defender who brings the ball out and distributes it effectively isn't needed at City because we have someone else who does that.

We don't sign loan signings,why didnt we sign a couple of strikers on loan the end of last year.I wont be very happy if he does sign players after what he said.probably the most important time to sign loan signings was the end of last year but he said loan signings don't work.We were very close to promotion and he said they don't work.Hes already signed one already.

We don't sign loan signings,why didnt we sign a couple of strikers on loan the end of last year.I wont be very happy if he does sign players after what he said.

Right, so we tried something last season that didn't work, so on that basis you want us to stick to the same this season ??

Presumably you think either Tinnion should still be in charge or Lansdown should have left the club.... after all he did say "judge me on Tinnion"......

We don't sign loan signings,why didnt we sign a couple of strikers on loan the end of last year.I wont be very happy if he does sign players after what he said.probably the most important time to sign loan signings was the end of last year but he said loan signings don't work.We were very close to promotion and he said they don't work.Hes already signed one already.

I agree about last season, and that's why we should get loan signings in while we can.

So what was Vasko then if he wasn't a loan signing?

I think GJ is facing a reality that a bit of tinkering with what we had last season is not going to be enough to get us challenging for promotion this season. If so, this wouldnt amount to some sort of U-turn - its being flexible in your approach. From what we have seen so far, the landscape of the CCC is quite different this season to last, and if GJ feels he needs to change his approach to reflect this then fair enough.

I think GJ is facing a reality that a bit of tinkering with what we had last season is not going to be enough to get us challenging for promotion this season. If so, this wouldnt amount to some sort of U-turn - its being flexible in your approach. From what we have seen so far, the landscape of the CCC is quite different this season to last, and if GJ feels he needs to change his approach to reflect this then fair enough.

Even if it cost us a place in the Premier League last year ,well thats all right then.The bloke says one thing and then does another.Sorry I cant accept that its alright this year but not in the most important time In the clubs history ,we were screaming out for some firepower and he said he don't like signing "loan" players and hes going to keep faith in the team.Right I accept hes probably the best manager weve had for a while but that doesnt excuse the fact that he says one thing and does another.I personally think theres a lot of pressure for the Norwich game,and hopefully he can turn it round .

Even if it cost us a place in the Premier League last year ,well thats all right then.The bloke says one thing and then does another.Sorry I cant accept that its alright this year but not in the most important time In the clubs history ,we were screaming out for some firepower and he said he don't like signing "loan" players and hes going to keep faith in the team.Right I accept hes probably the best manager weve had for a while but that doesnt excuse the fact that he says one thing and does another.I personally think theres a lot of pressure for the Norwich game,and hopefully he can turn it round .

The situations are entirely different. Last season, whilst we struggled for goals, we somehow got by (much as we did the season before, when people all through the season said a lack of goals would hurt us, but in fact we got promoted). With hindsight it's easy to say we should have improved the strikers last season but I guess he didn't want to change what was pretty much a winning formula. If we don't see an upturn in results soon then I think it's inevitable we'll get new players in, the key difference is that last year we were up/around the top of the league - at the moment we're not.

The situations are entirely different. Last season, whilst we struggled for goals, we somehow got by (much as we did the season before, when people all through the season said a lack of goals would hurt us, but in fact we got promoted). With hindsight it's easy to say we should have improved the strikers last season but I guess he didn't want to change what was pretty much a winning formula. If we don't see an upturn in results soon then I think it's inevitable we'll get new players in, the key difference is that last year we were up/around the top of the league - at the moment we're not.

you said"in hindsight its easy to say we shpould improve the strikers"

For Christ sake the team was on negative goal differance for most of the season Even my 10 year old boy said we needed another striker.its not complicated negative goal differance means were not scoreing enough goals .Sorry the manager has made some massive mistakes.Yes,we should be grateful we have a manager like him but the fact he FU**ED it up at the end on the season.Even this season with the style of football were playing(up and under),i think hes got it wrong,you sign one of the quickest and promising footballers in the lower league and what does he do,subjects long balls to dele,and hope he gets a chance.And the fact Trundle doent start is scandelous.

For Christ sake the team was on negative goal differance for most of the season Even my 10 year old boy said we needed another striker.its not complicated negative goal differance means were not scoreing enough goals .Sorry the manager has made some massive mistakes.Yes,we should be grateful we have a manager like him but the fact he FU**ED it up at the end on the season.Even this season with the style of football were playing(up and under),i think hes got it wrong,you sign one of the quickest and promising footballers in the lower league and what does he do,subjects long balls to dele,and hope he gets a chance.And the fact Trundle doent start is scandelous.

The reason I say in hindsight is because the season before last people were saying exctly the same - I.E we needed more fire power. However we actually got promoted that season so we didn't actually need more fire power. We didn't score enough last season, but the neg goal diff was largely down to our defeats being heavy one's (6-0, 4-1, 3-0 etc).

We achieved a lot last season by digging out single goal victories, so I can understand why he didn't try & change it.

I would also like to see Trundle start, but you can't hide the fact he's flattered to decieve before & a few decent cameos from the bench don't change that.

The reason I say in hindsight is because the season before last people were saying exctly the same - I.E we needed more fire power. However we actually got promoted that season so we didn't actually need more fire power. We didn't score enough last season, but the neg goal diff was largely down to our defeats being heavy one's (6-0, 4-1, 3-0 etc).

We achieved a lot last season by digging out single goal victories, so I can understand why he didn't try & change it.And I don't

I would also like to see Trundle start, but you can't hide the fact he's flattered to decieve before & a few decent cameos from the bench don't change that.

When has trundle had a run in the team,There are a lot of players who havent played well but they are in the team every week (like lee Johnstone) so where is your argument.The guy is fantastic I for one will be gutted when he has had enough of the bench and leaves.Crowd pleasers come round every now and again,when he comes on the crowd erupts and the players are lifted a level.And last season we were only beating teams by one goal when we had enough chances to bury them,and we drawed a lot.So you don't think if we had Leroy Lita or another Premier League loanee would have made a differance.Rubbish

When has trundle had a run in the team,There are a lot of players who havent played well but they are in the team every week (like lee Johnstone) so where is your argument.The guy is fantastic I for one will be gutted when he has had enough of the bench and leaves.Crowd pleasers come round every now and again,when he comes on the crowd erupts and the players are lifted a level.And last season we were only beating teams by one goal when we had enough chances to bury them,and we drawed a lot.So you don't think if we had Leroy Lita or another Premier League loanee would have made a differance.Rubbish

Like I said I want Trundle to play too. However he had loads of opportunites last season & on the whole it wasn't great. I hope he get's his chance & takes it, but I'm not convinced based on what happened last season.

Charlton actually had Leroy Lita on loan & they finished worse off than before he joined them........

Are we planning to play Trundle in defence? That seems to be were are problems at the moment. To play Trundle as a striker is a waste of time, he'll do what he did last season , a few tricks in middle of the pitch and fade from the game. If we can find someway of using him to support the front two, that might work, and grabbing a win

For me, we have to start improving the defence first, keep the game close and you'll always have a chance of nicking a goal.

For me, we have to start improving the defence first, keep the game close and you'll always have a chance of nicking a goal.

This may well be true. I honestly don't think there's a lot of difference between last season & this - games hinge on small things. Last year almost every home victory was by a single goal & most were 1-0. By comparison we seem to have conceded a lot of soft goals this year.

Are we planning to play Trundle in defence? That seems to be were are problems at the moment. To play Trundle as a striker is a waste of time, he'll do what he did last season , a few tricks in middle of the pitch and fade from the game. If we can find someway of using him to support the front two, that might work, and grabbing a win

What game are you watching,the problem is they have no attacking dimension.No width,no wingers and no vision.I'm not saying he will change the fortunes of the club.But at least he trys and the team plays a lot better.The team is better with him in it than without.And while I'm on the subject you said defend and nick a goal,do you mean at home or away,I hope you don't mean at home because thats what there trying to do now.

This may well be true. I honestly don't think there's a lot of difference between last season & this - games hinge on small things. Last year almost every home victory was by a single goal & most were 1-0. By comparison we seem to have conceded a lot of soft goals this year.

But isn't that why we should have been more active in the transfer market.Games can hinge on small things but the more quality you have the more it goes your way.I don't know what GJ has done in the break but he does not appear to have bought anyone in on loan so it must be keep going with what we have but is it going to be enough.

Trundle was class in advanced left position against plymouth. Even if he doesnt start id like to see him used in that capacity now when we are pushing for a goal. probably doesnt have fitness to play whole game at left midfield though.

Id agree withthe comment its still attacking we are struggling with. Our back 4 is well settled and once marv is regularly back enforcing in front i think we can expect to get the cleansheets back. First area to be addressed needs to be some genuine quality on right wing. The LJ debate will rage on but hes hardly a liability and we do appear to have two players in Nobes and Williams who could push him for his place already.

I know that GJ has commented negatively on loans before (i think questioning the commitment of short term loan player towards long term team goals) but how about a loan with a view to a permanent. That would still utilise the loan market but would give the loan player some genuine incentive, other than to get some games then toddle of back to there 'big club'.

Id like to see Jay Simpson, Shaleum Logan or Vladimir Weiss. All three are well down the pecking order with their clubs and are quite possibly destined to leave for a fee anyway at some point (especially with megabucks man city now being able to buy everyone in).

Just been reading some of your posts, cant believe you havent been slated by the people in here who see no wrong...

On to the subject of Loan signings, why dosnt GJ act, he never last season when it was clear for all to see, we missed out on prem and we may never get that opportunity again, that was a bad misjudgement from the manager, he should of loaned a striker........end of...

This season the team dose not have the depth of quality to compete, it that simple. I don't buy the crap that we should be happy with a mid-table finish "why should we" it wont be any easier next season or the next or the bloody next after that. We have a reasonable squad and GJ should act now, He is one of the best managers we have had and I believe he has given this squad ever chance, we need 3 quality players added. If he waits till the end of the season we will need 6-7 new players........

COME ON GARY GET ON WITH IT>>>>>>>> :preacher:

• Admin

we would not bring in any loan signings until after the international break - what is the point in having a player for a month if one of those weeks was an international break !

Nothing to say anyone has not been training with us, just nothing signed until late in the week

Just been reading some of your posts, cant believe you havent been slated by the people in here who see no wrong...

On to the subject of Loan signings, why dosnt GJ act, he never last season when it was clear for all to see, we missed out on prem and we may never get that opportunity again, that was a bad misjudgement from the manager, he should of loaned a striker........end of...

This season the team dose not have the depth of quality to compete, it that simple. I don't buy the crap that we should be happy with a mid-table finish "why should we" it wont be any easier next season or the next or the bloody next after that. We have a reasonable squad and GJ should act now, He is one of the best managers we have had and I believe he has given this squad ever chance, we need 3 quality players added. If he waits till the end of the season we will need 6-7 new players........

COME ON GARY GET ON WITH IT>>>>>>>> :preacher:

L.L a prime example , could of been playing for us not against us on Sat its that old dressing room thing again; saying that G.J`s the manager we have to go with it.

does anyone else find it funny how many "fans" seem to think they could be a professional football manager, and that its easy?

firstly, i am fairly certain the vast majority of you guys have no coaching badges/managerial experience (mention youth football and you'll show yourself to be a bigger idiot than most thought possible) so have no real knowledge of what tactics work and when, you don't watch opposition teams, and deduce from those scouting missions what is the most effective way to beat said opposition, and you certainly don't know how the transfer market works.

do you seriously believe that gary pete and keith have not been searching the country for signings for the past 3 years? its not a question of certain players been good enough to play for us, its a question of availability, price and how desperate the player is for football.

if anybody can name a player that is definatly available i will be astounded, if you can name one(available player) that has the required talent to improve the team i will eat my hat, if you can name a good available player that fits our price ranges ill regergitate said hat and put it in a blender and drink the blasted thing.... if you can think of a player who fits all the above criteria who would realistically sign for a small championship team with poor support then ill purchase a million hats and will be open for idea's on how to consume them!

we are still a very small club, we have achieved nothing, so what would possess someone to come here? we couldnt keep nick carle and we finished above palace and went to wembley... he didnt have to accept the offer, so it goes to show how we are seen as a stepping stone!

i prefered the fans from the doom and gloom league 1 days i think! we new were we stood, and wernt to big for our boots

we do not have a divine right to win every game! and no manager in the world could possibly make us do that, we are a mid table team in a difficult division... i for one am happy with that, for the time being

progression takes time and patience is a virtue...seems all the patience in bristol has buggered off!

does anyone else find it funny how many "fans" seem to think they could be a professional football manager, and that its easy?

firstly, i am fairly certain the vast majority of you guys have no coaching badges/managerial experience (mention youth football and you'll show yourself to be a bigger idiot than most thought possible) so have no real knowledge of what tactics work and when, you don't watch opposition teams, and deduce from those scouting missions what is the most effective way to beat said opposition, and you certainly don't know how the transfer market works.

do you seriously believe that gary pete and keith have not been searching the country for signings for the past 3 years? its not a question of certain players been good enough to play for us, its a question of availability, price and how desperate the player is for football.

if anybody can name a player that is definatly available i will be astounded, if you can name one(available player) that has the required talent to improve the team i will eat my hat, if you can name a good available player that fits our price ranges ill regergitate said hat and put it in a blender and drink the blasted thing.... if you can think of a player who fits all the above criteria who would realistically sign for a small championship team with poor support then ill purchase a million hats and will be open for idea's on how to consume them!

we are still a very small club, we have achieved nothing, so what would possess someone to come here? we couldnt keep nick carle and we finished above palace and went to wembley... he didnt have to accept the offer, so it goes to show how we are seen as a stepping stone!

i prefered the fans from the doom and gloom league 1 days i think! we new were we stood, and wernt to big for our boots

we do not have a divine right to win every game! and no manager in the world could possibly make us do that, we are a mid table team in a difficult division... i for one am happy with that, for the time being

progression takes time and patience is a virtue...seems all the patience in bristol has buggered off!

The manager and players are paid to do a job, by us; we are closer to the bottom than the top so it follows they aint doing it. We were very close to Hull last season now we are a long way apart. Are we supposed to be happy with that and the obvious disbelief by the players in themselves.?:

Have we really replaced players that have moved on with better ones? time will tell.

It seems at the moment the quality of players signed by the likes of Wolves, Brum etc are superoir to to ours.

Our lot have to regain the belief in themselves for us to have any chance this season.

Pre seasons transfer events may of had great bearings on our current who knows,;

We could of kept Carle or anybody else money talks very loud.

All i.m.h.o of course

The manager and players are paid to do a job, by us; we are closer to the bottom than the top so it follows they aint doing it. We were very close to Hull last season now we are a long way apart. Are we supposed to be happy with that and the obvious disbelief by the players in themselves.?:

Have we really replaced players that have moved on with better ones? time will tell.

It seems at the moment the quality of players signed by the likes of Wolves, Brum etc are superoir to to ours.

Our lot have to regain the belief in themselves for us to have any chance this season.

Pre seasons transfer events may of had great bearings on our current who knows,;

We could of kept Carle or anybody else money talks very loud.

All i.m.h.o of course

well hull started slowly last season

and wolves and birmingham are always going to sign better players than us... right quick question, you are a player, a good one you have two offers on the table. one for wolves, one for(better not use city cos itll be biased) plymouth

where do you go?

plymouth are about the closest to us in terms of reputation, infact there higher, they have been at this level for years... we are a small club, we have no preiership experience, therefore players will never come here given another choice

there is positivity and plain blindness, we are not going to be challenging for promotion any time soon, last season was not luck, but this season the division is better, and as we are not a "big" club we cannot strengthen to continue to compete at the top end.

I'm happy in the team so long as they go for it, at the moment thats not happening, thats all, but i would never boo them, or slag them off, i would have thought the older generation would be more patient considering the hell youve been through supporting city since the 80's :dunno:

not that I'm telling you how to support your team, god forbid, its just surely you can see it wont happen over night... and last season was something very very strange

Archived