IGNORED

Losing A Betting Slip

TinnionForEngland

I will have to be more careful next time, i had a tenner on England, Holland, Spain, Hungary, Crawley and whoever was playing San Marino to win and it came in, i only won about 40 quid but have lost the betting slip :noexpression: .

This is not a problem. Just go into the bookie's that you placed the bet in, explain that you have lost your slip and they will be able to help you.

They will ask you when you placed the bet and what the selections were. Because the winnings amount is more than 20 quid, you will have to show some form of photo I.D and fill out a lost receipt form but his will only take a few minutes.

This is the practise with the company i work for and should not be any different for any other bookies.

Then enjoy your winnings!

Cheers,

Whites.

This is not a problem. Just go into the bookie's that you placed the bet in, explain that you have lost your slip and they will be able to help you.

They will ask you when you placed the bet and what the selections were. Because the winnings amount is more than 20 quid, you will have to show some form of photo I.D and fill out a lost receipt form but his will only take a few minutes.

This is the practise with the company i work for and should not be any different for any other bookies.

Then enjoy your winnings!

Cheers,

Whites.

How can you prove you bet it though?

As far as a usual bet is concerned (Horses or Greyhounds), you would be asked to write a copy of the bet on the lost receipt form. This would give them a sample of your handwriting of which they would have a copy on their Epos system, plus everyone writes their bets out differently.

When it comes to a Football bet which 90% of the time is on a quickslip, obvioulsy there is no handwriting involved. However if you can tell them the approx time you placed the bet they should be able to help.

Cheers,

Whites.

PS, let me know how you get on.

if you can give them time (rough), date, selections, stake etc

they will almost certainly pay out. Especially as we are talking 40 quid not 4000.

You have to remember that even though they cant match your handwriting, who would know you had put the bet on?

the only way youl get done is if someone has found it and cashed it already. This is in my experience relatively unlikely unless your one of those berks who lays there bets out all over the table at the bookies :laugh:.

i worked in betfred and laddies and both would have paid out

I got my money so thanks for the info.

This is funny though, last night i stuck a measly £2 on England, Germany, N.Ireland and Rep.Ireland all to win it was only 2/1 so only won £4 but i asked a friend to look up the live scores on his phone and it said Full time Germany 0-1 Wales...

So i thought oh well lost that bet...i was in a pub next door to Coral and for a laugh on the way past i posted what i thought was a losing ticket through the door, get home and find that the score on his phone was wrong and had to go down there today and explain, to be fair they found it funny and gave me my money :winner_third_h4h:

I got my money so thanks for the info.

This is funny though, last night i stuck a measly £2 on England, Germany, N.Ireland and Rep.Ireland all to win it was only 2/1 so only won £4 but i asked a friend to look up the live scores on his phone and it said Full time Germany 0-1 Wales...

So i thought oh well lost that bet...i was in a pub next door to Coral and for a laugh on the way past i posted what i thought was a losing ticket through the door, get home and find that the score on his phone was wrong and had to go down there today and explain, to be fair they found it funny and gave me my money :winner_third_h4h:

What Coral branch was it mate? thats who i work for!

Archived