IGNORED

New Football Manager

internetjef

hi guys,

granted a lot of people think footy manager is carp and boring etc. so this question is just for those of us who do like it.

Not too long (less than a month) till new one comes out now.

How do you reckon city will shape up this time?

Most 3 valuable players, best players, best prospects etc?

transfer funds availbale at the start etc?

hopefully they will get all the positions right for key players. i dotn mind it when they get someones ability a bit wrong but its annoying when the position is totally wrong.

plus i believe they use a network of fans to get some of the details, anyone know who is reporting to them for ours?

This will no doubt get moved to the computer games section but i thought i'd reply as a fellow FM fan.

I hope they increase the stats of players like Brian Wilson, David Noble, Jamie McCombe and Steve Brooker as they were league 1/2 standard on football manager 08 and always ended up dropping down the divisions on my games.

Marv and Carey were the 2 best players on FM08 and rightly so.

Lee Johnson was way way overated. Cole Skuse had average stats but a value of around £1m which is alot.

Orr, Fontaine, McAllister, Basso and most of the rest were fairly rated i think.

Hope they have that we are moving to a new 30,000 seater stadium in a few years on the new game.

Cant wait to get started on it. If you go to the sigames website you can see that they advertise for volunteers to do the research for every team in England. Don't know who does it for us though.

This will no doubt get moved to the computer games section but i thought i'd reply as a fellow FM fan.

I hope they increase the stats of players like Brian Wilson, David Noble, Jamie McCombe and Steve Brooker as they were league 1/2 standard on football manager 08 and always ended up dropping down the divisions on my games.

Marv and Carey were the 2 best players on FM08 and rightly so.

Lee Johnson was way way overated. Cole Skuse had average stats but a value of around £1m which is alot.

Orr, Fontaine, McAllister, Basso and most of the rest were fairly rated i think.

Hope they have that we are moving to a new 30,000 seater stadium in a few years on the new game.

Cant wait to get started on it. If you go to the sigames website you can see that they advertise for volunteers to do the research for every team in England. Don't know who does it for us though.

Whats this.......lets see if we can slate LJ on every post :disapointed2se:

Yeah Carey, Marv and McCindoe were all quality on last game no doubts.

LJ was overated but i usually ended up taking the 800k forest would give you for him to invest in pablo piattin and the romanian under 21 team :laugh:

yeah it would be awesoeme if our players were rated high enough so that i didnt end up selling most of the squad :laugh:. I spose in real life though our players are championship at best though so its quite realistic you might have to ship most of them out to make it to the promised land.

I expect even after a sluggish start, Maynard will be our most valuable player (as hes a striker aswell), with McCindoe and Marv not too far behind.

Dele will be terrible! ha ha

yeah 3d match engine looks like world cup italia 90- on mega drive ha ha.

I hope it is good and doesnt duplicate loads of identical goals and stuff.

i reckon i may end up turning it off after novelty wears off as it will surely slow matches up (especially om my rubbish old pc)

hope city start with a solid 1mill for transfers, on the old game you had to sell to buy almost from start which isnt quite as applicable now i don't think

yeah it would be awesoeme if our players were rated high enough so that i didnt end up selling most of the squad :laugh:. I spose in real life though our players are championship at best though so its quite realistic you might have to ship most of them out to make it to the promised land.

It would be good if all of our players on the game are good enough to compete at championship level. Obviously last year, as a newly promoted side we were expected to struggle and that is why the majority of our squad on the game were league 1 standard. Now we have proved we can compete in the championship, the likes of Brian Wilson, Jamie McCombe, Cole Skuse, Brooker and a few others should be good enough to keep if you wanted them. There nothing worse than having to bin out most of your squad because they are not even good enough for the division, let alone to challenge for promotion.

I hope Akinde, Myrie-Williams, James Wilson, Frankie Artus are all good prospects who may not be good enough to get into the team in the first season, but with a season or 2 out on loan they can improve and become decent players.

I agree, i'm slightly worried if the 3d match engine duplicates the same goals and patterns of play all the time.

The transfer system has been re-written, so i'm looking forward to that this year.

And also the new press conferences look amazing!

Lee Johnson was way way overated.

He was quality, I sold him to Leicester on mine for about 300k and he ended up sticking a hat trick past me when i went up there!

Yeah same, if they don't I might spend 5mins on data editor creating it :innocent06:

Might call it The Thatchers Arena

For a bit of interest, i think we should all keep everyone up to date with our City careers once the game comes out. As i usually do, i will start a game with Man Utd, Man City or Chelsea to get a feel for the game, get used to where everything is, and to start finding any new talent. After a couple of virtual months i will knock that on the head then start a career with City.

I'm happy to post my signings, players sold, starting line-up, formations and anything else i feel may help or be of interest to others. I will try to put up some screenshots of my squad and tactics, transfer etc as well. I think it will be interesting to do this. Anyone else up for it?

Obviously there will be a patch out at some point correcting any bugs or flaws in the game and eventually the January transfers so we may have to start over again a couple of times.

You can bet on a patch, each release seems to be getting more buggy! Play test it untill it's ready ffs.

I assume everyone will be City? I started of 08 as Ajax and had alot of fun, moved to Arsenal and realised I would struggle to win the league and have recently ended up at bottom of the table Man City !

I always do one with City but as with any career on FM i tend to get bored after a few years as the regen players start coming through.

Generally i will start with a team with loads of cash to explore the game and get a feel for it. Then crack on with City. Play until i am bored and then i usually play with teams in the Championship, league 1 & 2. Never play a long game with a Premier League team. I don't get much enjoyment from doing that. I quite enjoy playing in the French leagues also.

I started one last game on FM08 a few weeks back with Peterborough as i was impressed with them when we played them in the cup. Got them to the championship but they offered me no transfer cash so i resigned and Everton offered me a job.

Anyone got any ideas who they will look at first as a potential signing for City?

Oh I had a season with Everton after leaving Ajax, won the FA cup :D Good work methinks

That is good work.

I must admit i'm quite looking forward to having a game with Birmingham, Wolves, Reading, Leicester, Cheltenham, RC Lens, Bristol City, Peterborough.

Has anyone ever done one with Rovers and tried to get them relegated and in major debt? I think that could be good fun selling all their players for hardly any cash and bringing in free agents that are in their 40's.

Archived