IGNORED

Megyeri Balázs - Is He Still At The Club?

jambodinho

I went to watch a few of the youth teams games at the gate last season and our goalkeeper, Megyeri Balázs, stood out as potentially one for the future. In one of the First team programmes last season they did little piece on him and i think it was John Clayton that said he was the best keeper they have had at the academy.

Yesterday i took a look at the results and player stats for our reserves and youth teams on the official site and his name doesn't appear at all. Anyone know if he is injured, been snapped up by someone else or has gone back to Hungary?

There was a huge difference between what he wanted and what City were prepared to pay him, so he left in the summer after rejecting City's contract offer, as apparently he believes he can get himself a better deal elsewhere.

Last I heard he was training with West Ham but they hadn't offered him a deal.

There was a huge difference between what he wanted and what City were prepared to pay him, so he left in the summer after rejecting City's contract offer, as apparently he believes he can get himself a better deal elsewhere.

Last I heard he was training with West Ham but they hadn't offered him a deal.

Silly boy. Shame as he looked a tidy keeper. Perhaps he had the same agent and Richard Keogh and Aaron Brown.

Or maybe, just maybe we wont pay the going rate for our younsters, not much point really as they don't appear to get much of a chance

Or maybe, he wanted a huge pay rise to stay and even his flat paid for!

As our last league line up had a 19 year old up front from the start that doesn't really indicate that youngsters who are deemed good enough won't get a chance, does it?

But I suppose there is no point in the facts getting in the way of slagging City off, is there?

Or maybe, he wanted a huge pay rise to stay and even his flat paid for!

As our last league line up had a 19 year old up front from the start that doesn't really indicate that youngsters who are deemed good enough won't get a chance, does it?

But I suppose there is no point in the facts getting in the way of slagging City off, is there?

I was actually thinking about youngsters coming through our famed acadamy! And if thats the going rate for better teams then we HAVE to pay it otherwise we stand still, and in football that aint good!!

if he had been that good would we have given Henderson a new deal?

Unlikely

In fairness he only turned 18 earlier this year. Goalkeepers rarely get their chance in a first team until they are in their early to mid twenties unless of course they are exceptional. It must be weird for keepers as they play all the way through their junior and youth careers and are obviously one of the key players, then once they are too old for under 18's football they generally have to wait a few seasons as 2nd or 3rd choice keeper before they even get a look in. Obviously the advantage of being a keeper is that you can play on until you are about 36-38 if you keep yourself in good shape.

Well where is he now? If he was THAT good and worth the money then we would have heard where he ended up?

What a silly statement, keepers USUALLY mature a bit later in life than outfield players, football is also littered with players who were told at one stage of their career they would not make it. All I was saying is perhaps JUST perhaps we don't pay the going rate when compared to others for top notch youngsters

What a silly statement, keepers USUALLY mature a bit later in life than outfield players, football is also littered with players who were told at one stage of their career they would not make it. All I was saying is perhaps JUST perhaps we don't pay the going rate when compared to others for top notch youngsters

Someone would have still snapped him up surely if he was as good as he thought he was that he could walk off and get the deal he wanted? Which it seems he hasnt done?

Not doubting the guys talent but maybe he was being greedy to early and asking more than most 18 year olds would ask for? I think he was from Hungry? So he might have moved back there which is understandable there might have been more to it than we know.

Archived