IGNORED

Charlton

Bristoliain

Just a little warning there may be engineering works planned so the journey back to Waterloo from Charlton may involve a detour (possible bus)

I found this on the TFL site ( transport for London) journey planner.

Never been to Charlton before and it looks like a fair old trek across London. Does anybody know the best route to take from paddington?

Never been to Charlton before and it looks like a fair old trek across London. Does anybody know the best route to take from paddington?

Three stops on the bakerloo line eastbound to Baker Street and then change onto the Jubilee to Waterloo. Walk through Waterloo to Waterloo East and then take the twenty minute overland to Charlton. If you get the times right, should take about an hour.

Three stops on the bakerloo line eastbound to Baker Street and then change onto the Jubilee to Waterloo. Walk through Waterloo to Waterloo East and then take the twenty minute overland to Charlton. If you get the times right, should take about an hour.

Think the best route to Charlton is via Charing Cross, which is a couple of stops nearer Paddington on the Bakerloo line. Will probably have a couple there before trying that pub next to Charlton station. Charlton is about 25-30 mins from Charing Cross.

By the way, according to the ticket office yesterday late afternoon, we've sold a bit over 600 tickets, which I think is roughly half the allocation. For some reason the game is all ticket for us.

Think the best route to Charlton is via Charing Cross, which is a couple of stops nearer Paddington on the Bakerloo line. Will probably have a couple there before trying that pub next to Charlton station. Charlton is about 25-30 mins from Charing Cross.

By the way, according to the ticket office yesterday late afternoon, we've sold a bit over 600 tickets, which I think is roughly half the allocation. For some reason the game is all ticket for us.

Actually had a couple in the pub inside Charing X Station last season...very handy.

Archived