IGNORED

Substitutions

Matty H

Seeing as there's usually a queue of people on here waiting to rip Wilson apart as soon as a substitution doesnt yield miracles, maybe some recognition today that when he brought on Tins and Murray we looked instantly better?

Of course, those that way inclined will say that they should have started the game in the first place but, I guess you can't please everyone. or some at all :rolleyes:

I suppose, the thing is that substitutions cant yield miracles, they can only yield results and whilst I can't be ar*ed to go back through the archives to select and post games when Dannys subs have yielded results, there are undoubtedly many examples :rolleyes:

I suppose, the thing is that substitutions cant yield miracles, they can only yield results and whilst I can't be ar*ed to go back through the archives to select and post games when Dannys subs have yielded results, there are undoubtedly many examples :rolleyes:
Last year's LDV final springs to mind.

Seeing as there's usually a queue of people on here waiting to rip Wilson apart as soon as a substitution doesnt yield miracles, maybe some recognition today that when he brought on Tins and Murray we looked instantly better?

Of course, those that way inclined will say that they should have started the game in the first place but, I guess you can't please everyone. or some at all :)

Both have been injured hence the half a match. Shouldnt of started with Butler though did he make a pass to a City player :rolleyes: missed it if he did.

Doc and Roberts had a good game Peacock had no service but never stopped trying.

Yeah, the subs did make an instant impact, but i dont know why... he dont take bell and wilkshire off, bring murray and tins on, then put rougier on the left wing and murray on the right, we would be one hell of a threat then. Rougier looked gutted to go off and i didnt think he played that badly.

Guest CiderRedMatt

what i couldn't understand was why rougier taken off? i know Murray was a straight swap, but rougier had another good game, and on the right, if it aint broken why fix it?!

I think the question is my friend, When during his reign as manager has any of his substitutions yielded miracles.

There is weekly evidence of substitutions yielding debacles.

Took off Danny Coles (CB) and Brought on Leroy Lita (S) while down 4-2 at Mansfield

........Do i have to say any more.......

Guest Lockerman

Should never have taken Rougier off, for once I belive that DW made a mistake, should have taken either roberts or if he was thinking of taking a defender off he should have taken, butler off instead of Rougier, Murray can play on either flank and it would have given us a more attacking set up, and i also aggree that Goodfellow just aint good enough,.

But I do diagree that Wilkshire is a waste of money, he is a class player as will be proved if we get to the First division.

Sign and bring on Gillespie at least he knows how to score and where the goal is.

I am not totally sure but i think that we can sign him and play him as he is not attached at present to any club.

Guest bristolbred
what i couldn't understand was why rougier taken off? i know Murray was a straight swap, but rougier had another good game, and on the right, if it aint broken why fix it?!
Maybe now Danny will be known as the "Barnsley Tinker!!". :P

Would of loved to see how we would of played with Rougier left and the Flying Scot on the right!! :rolleyes:

Guest bristolbred
Took off Danny Coles (CB) and Brought on Leroy Lita (S) while down 4-2 at Mansfield

........Do i have to say any more.......

And why is Leroy Lita suddenly out of favour?? :rolleyes:

Let him languish in the reserves long enough won't do his moral any good,

or our chances of promotion!! :)

And why is Leroy Lita suddenly out of favour?? :rolleyes:

Let him languish in the reserves long enough won't do his moral any good,

or our chances of promotion!! :)

because he's been lacklustre in the reserves? according to every reserve match report posted here by fellow forumers in the past month, not one has had anything but slack on lita's performance

Archived