IGNORED

Norwich Home

brad blit

We've all talked about what Johnson has been / should be and even could be doing in terms of the starting 11 over the past 2 weeks but what team will come onto the pitch tomorrow???

Certain problems have been identified (ie not creating enough chances and wingers not staying wide) but will Johnson change tactics, enforce the shape again or change personnel? I think certain positons don't have a natural '1st starter' or the player there just isnt in great form. We've seen from various sub outings and the most recent reserve game that Trundle, Noble, Akinde and McCombe are ready to step up to the mantle but will Johnson stay with 'the squad/team that nearly got us promoted twice in 2 years'??

I PERSONALLY think (wouldnt wanna upset anyone would I? :innocent06: ) that changes will be made and that he will start adopting the 4-5-1 again to tighten us up and create more chances from midfield. I could be totally wrong but Johnson changes sometimes have baffled me(and worked!!) so with this in mind....

--------------------Basso------------------------

Wilson-----Carey----McCombe------McAllister

---------------------------------------------------

Noble-------Johnson----Elliott---------McIndoe

------------------Trundle-------------------------

------------------ Akinde-------------------------

Orr recently hasnt had the best of performances and Skuse had a good 45mins and then poor 90 so Wilson will come in there as he was one of our best performers up untill his injury and will provide the width on the right with Noble's tendency to tuck in. There have been people saying Johnson should be dropped and I have been one of them but with 5 in the middle hes one player that could find more space and time to play better and be less relyed on for those tackles/headers we all know he cant do....

I think its time Johnson will gamble upfront, Maynard hasnt been given the service and I just think he will give his some sub appearances and hopefully get a couple goals to get his confidence back in a winnning team. Akinde may seem a strange choice but he played well with Trundle second half against Plymouth and coupled with another goal in reserves midweek, Johnson will gamble on this 'rookie' to provide us with some pace upfront. Although similar players, Akinde is quicker and I think the play with Dele has become abit 'predictable' so Johnson will freshen things up.

Id love to see us play 4-4-2 personally with Trundle / Maynard upfront like some with Noble in for Johnson but I cant see it happening and playing 4-5-1 has been successful for us in the past.

Your thoughts.........

We've all talked about what Johnson has been / should be and even could be doing in terms of the starting 11 over the past 2 weeks but what team will come onto the pitch tomorrow???

Certain problems have been identified (ie not creating enough chances and wingers not staying wide) but will Johnson change tactics, enforce the shape again or change personnel? I think certain positons don't have a natural '1st starter' or the player there just isnt in great form. We've seen from various sub outings and the most recent reserve game that Trundle, Noble, Akinde and McCombe are ready to step up to the mantle but will Johnson stay with 'the squad/team that nearly got us promoted twice in 2 years'??

I PERSONALLY think (wouldnt wanna upset anyone would I? :innocent06: ) that changes will be made and that he will start adopting the 4-5-1 again to tighten us up and create more chances from midfield. I could be totally wrong but Johnson changes sometimes have baffled me(and worked!!) so with this in mind....

Orr recently hasnt had the best of performances and Skuse had a good 45mins and then poor 90 so Wilson will come in there as he was one of our best performers up untill his injury and will provide the width on the right with Noble's tendency to tuck in. There have been people saying Johnson should be dropped and I have been one of them but with 5 in the middle hes one player that could find more space and time to play better and be less relyed on for those tackles/headers we all know he cant do....

I think its time Johnson will gamble upfront, Maynard hasnt been given the service and I just think he will give his some sub appearances and hopefully get a couple goals to get his confidence back in a winnning team. Akinde may seem a strange choice but he played well with Trundle second half against Plymouth and coupled with another goal in reserves midweek, Johnson will gamble on this 'rookie' to provide us with some pace upfront. Although similar players, Akinde is quicker and I think the play with Dele has become abit 'predictable' so Johnson will freshen things up.

Id love to see us play 4-4-2 personally with Trundle / Maynard upfront like some with Noble in for Johnson but I cant see it happening and playing 4-5-1 has been successful for us in the past.

Your thoughts.........

Your thoughts.........

For me, Weale for Basso...Give Chris a run as on current form he is less error prone than Basso.

Fonts is one of our more consistent defenders and better equpped to deal with Lita so leave him in with McCombe on the bench, agree with you about Wilson for Orr.

Like your suggested midfield.

Maynard instead of Akinde.

That'll do for me cocker! :fingerscrossed:

For me, Weale for Basso...Give Chris a run as on current form he is less error prone than Basso.

Fonts is one of our more consistent defenders and better equpped to deal with Lita so leave him in with McCombe on the bench, agree with you about Wilson for Orr.

Like your suggested midfield.

Maynard instead of Akinde.

That'll do for me cocker! :fingerscrossed:

I'm not denying he hasnt made a mistake (who dosnt) but for the numourous occasions he has kept us in many games last year and before Id still have Basso.

As GJ has been in charge a fair while now it has become a little bit easier to interpret what his post match comments mean.

My guess would be that his post match comment at Sheff U about a lack of "creativity and cleverness" will see either Noble or Trundle get a start tomorrow, but probably not both of them.

Jamie McCombe's match fitness may be key as to whether he does start, Lita isn't Norwich's only striker so if Carey takes LL, then big Jamie may mark Sibierski and increase our goal scoring options from set pieces.

With regard to Brian Wilson, whether he starts at RB or in front of that it is worth bearing in mind his 2 assists at AG ( Maynard against Derby), (Adebola against QPR) so far this season could earn him a start.

I expect Basso will line up in goal as GJ clearly sees him as his first choice.

My guess is tomorrow's side will be;

Basso

Orr Carey McCombe McAllister

Wilson Johnson Elliott McIndoe

Noble

Adebola

I find it hard seeing as Adebola hasn't done anything wrong but play his football which right now players are maybe low on confidence and boot it rather than do our usual passing football. Defence I'm happy with whoever starts except webster.Midfield I would choose wilson,Noble,Elliot Mcindoe with Maynard and Adebola up top. Noble can provide for maynard and also get using plying our passing football. I don't care what people say re his fitness even if he taken off he starts us playing our passing more creative football I for one am happy. I am not having a go at Johnson or anything but maybe needs a break or to prove to us that we we wrong to leave him out by coming back in better form.

Archived