IGNORED

Lita - 2 Bids Turned Down

Nuno Gomes

Maynard or Lita?

One of them was Under 21 European Final top scorer last year.......I know which one I would prefer playing up front along side Adebola

We obviously offered Reading £2 million ish but wasn't enough!

One thing that stood out clearly about Lita, both for City and the England U.21's, is how many really good chances he missed.

Let's see what Maynard can do, and make fairer comparisons, when City start to create a reasonable number of opportunities for him.

Maynard or Lita?

One of them was Under 21 European Final top scorer last year.......I know which one I would prefer playing up front along side Adebola

However, Royals manager Steve Coppell was not prepared to part with the ex-England U21 international at any cost.

Why has it always got to be "we never offered enough" or "obviously we didn't do enough" ???

Like it says he wasnt allowed to leave at any cost and if I had Lita in my team I wouldnt let him go either

Where do you get that from?

As far as I can see City have only ever tried to get him on loan last season but, whether Lita would have come or not, Coppell didn't want him coming to Bristol under any circumstances.

We've got Maynard since then, so that's an end to any Lita to City talk.

Like it says he wasnt allowed to leave at any cost and if I had Lita in my team I wouldnt let him go either

For one, I don't believe the 'at any cost' statement if we're talking about a transfer bid, but Leroy isn't anywhere near the Reading team which is why he's at Norwich.

I personally think it was about money - if we paid Leroys Reading wages I expect it would blow our pay structure out of the water.

We must be reading different articles.

The one I'm reading on the official site makes no mention of any cash bid or "Lita not being allowed to leave at any cost".

It simply says City made loan enquiries for Lita and Coppell would not sanction a move to Bristol "under any circumstances."

Archived