IGNORED

Celebrating The Goal On Saturday

dafarms

I have been on this forum for a couple of years now, but never as a poster, but what my old man told me on Sunday, i had to share with everyone. After we had scored on Saturday, a steward approached my old man and asked if he could have a chat to him. The steward was very polite, and asked my old man that could he not celebrate so much when City scores, I couldn't beleive this when he told me. My old man does his little dance when we score, and he is well known at Bristol City ( The comedian with the red trilby). He sits in the Williams, and the steward told him there had been a couple of complaints, I know there is alot of moaners, but for christs sake, now they moan about celebrating.

• Admin
I have been on this forum for a couple of years now, but never as a poster, but what my old man told me on Sunday, i had to share with everyone. After we had scored on Saturday, a steward approached my old man and asked if he could have a chat to him. The steward was very polite, and asked my old man that could he not celebrate so much when City scores, I couldn't beleive this when he told me. My old man does his little dance when we score, and he is well known at Bristol City ( The comedian with the red trilby). He sits in the Williams, and the steward told him there had been a couple of complaints, I know there is alot of moaners, but for christs sake, now they moan about celebrating.

No doubt the complainers have spent nowhere near the amount of time and money that Stoney (for I assume thats who you're posting about) has in following City over the years.

I am perplexed by the attitude of some of our 'supporters', it's a football ground, it should be hostile to the opposition, the ref should feel the pressure of the home crowd ( it seems to work at Old trafford,) and the relief at scoring should be celebrated vigorously.

Having had the pleasure of sitting in the Williams recently can't say I'm totally surprised at the reaction to your old man's celebration.

Success seems to have attracted a new type of 'customer' this season.

The bloke behind me on sat kept shouting 'Come on Bristol' :grr:

AAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! :ranting:

That's it for me, i give up!!! :surrender: Nothing has depressed me more since 82!!! :dunno:

By the way dafarms, your old man always seems to be such a jolly fellow, why would a little dance celebrating a goal upset people???????? :dancing6::dancing2::dancer2::yahoo::dance:

I am perplexed by the attitude of some of our 'supporters', it's a football ground, it should be hostile to the opposition, the ref should feel the pressure of the home crowd ( it seems to work at Old trafford,) and the relief at scoring should be celebrated vigorously.

this sort of nice clap everybody, aren't we glad to be here is the sort of passive nonpartisanism you'd associate with face painted loser clubs like yeovil it's got no place at fortress ashton gate

God Bless Stoney.

The club needs more like him.

Let's just hope that he (Stoney) and the rest of us City zealots are able to celebrate again at the end of the season by running on the pitch. This time I hope we're on the pitch celebrating auto promotion and not a play-off final. :winner_third_h4h:

Let's just hope that he (Stoney) and the rest of us City zealots are able to celebrate again at the end of the season by running on the pitch. This time I hope we're on the pitch celebrating auto promotion and not a play-off final. :winner_third_h4h:

I personally hope the club feel disgusted by sending stoney a letter saying his kind of support was no longer needed by the club.

The club doesn't care about us unless you are happy to spend loads and loads in mr posh seats.

The club do not understand that if we ever go back to the bottom of the 4th they will want common fans but untill that happens they are happy treating us like rubbish.

thats utterly disgusting treatment. stoney is pretty much a city celebrity, as almost everyone would've seen him at one time or another. i hope he doesnt listen to them and carries on the way he has done for so long

A good guy!

Spoke to him at the food kiosk at charlton last season. He was having a laugh about the amount of 'condiminiums' I was pouring on me chips!

Made me larf for about a week

Stoney is an ABSOLUTE LEGEND! Just wish we had a few more like him (And dear old Tony Harling before him).

Whats up with celebrating success - I thought that was one of the main reasons that we paid our hard earned for?

"If" (And i would be surprised if they had) some other alleged supporters in the Williams had made complaints about Stoneys (Or anyone else's) celebrations for that matter first of all they should have been told by the stewards to "get a life" then given a map to Whorefield where the atmosphere (Or lack of it) is probably more to their liking, plus they don't score very often so no need to celebrate?

STONEY YOU KEEP CELEBRATING BROTHER AND LONG MAY YOUR LIKES BE TRUE FOLLOWERS

Stoney is an ABSOLUTE LEGEND! Just wish we had a few more like him (And dear old Tony Harling before him).

Whats up with celebrating success - I thought that was one of the main reasons that we paid our hard earned for?

"If" (And i would be surprised if they had) some other alleged supporters in the Williams had made complaints about Stoneys (Or anyone else's) celebrations for that matter first of all they should have been told by the stewards to "get a life" then given a map to Whorefield where the atmosphere (Or lack of it) is probably more to their liking, plus they don't score very often so no need to celebrate?

STONEY YOU KEEP CELEBRATING BROTHER AND LONG MAY YOUR LIKES BE TRUE FOLLOWERS

'Tony Harling' is a name I haven't heard mentioned in years. Was he the hero that used to chant Buuuurrrrrrrrrrissssstollll from the centre of the Dolman during a quiet period? His voice could be heard over half of Bristol during our top flight days. What a legend. :winner_third_h4h:

There were several Norwich supporters in the Williams behind their dugout, it was probably them. If the Stewards spoke to everyone celebrating the City goal we would still be there.

'Tony Harling' is a name I haven't heard mentioned in years. Was he the hero that used to chant Buuuurrrrrrrrrrissssstollll from the centre of the Dolman during a quiet period? His voice could be heard over half of Bristol during our top flight days. What a legend. :winner_third_h4h:

I remember him sitting near the front of the Grandstand singing "Drink up thee Cider" at the top of his voice over and over again, all on his own.

We the know both tony and stoney fer years! went to school with stoney and always a good laugh and city through and through and spent more time around city than a jobs worth steward ever will.

Just ta let you ole know Tony is still followin` City`s fortunes.

although he now lives up in Inverness and looks after his sick mum, we bumped into him up at Blackpool for the first game of the season. He passed on regards ta everyone that knows him,

and that be a lot of people!

We have told this story on yer before, but every time we hear the name of

Tony Harling we think of it.........

We went up to Chelsea to watch the city in the old first division in the 70s.

We landed up in a bar near Stamford Bridge which was full of Chelsea Boot

boys! We thought oh well, nice pint in yer, so we`ll keep our mouths shut cos we wernt wearin` any colours, an enjoy our drink before the match!

About 2 o`clock who was to come through the ruddy door was Tony Harling!

He was wearin` red an white from his Hat to his shoes! You could have yerd a pin drop in that boozer! We held our heads under our coats, cos he knew us!

But our luck was out, he spotted us and called out to us! He started to come

towards us, not carin` about ole they evil lookin` Chelsea fans who were

lookin for some Bristol Blood! Not bein` cowards, we thought sod this! an we

slipped out the back an ran like hell down the Kings Road with ole Tony Harling

in pursult an a Blue Army behind he! True story!

Another time he was sat in the stand at Millwall, they were chuckin` bottles an stones at him as he just sat thur chantin` City, City, City! every seat was empty around him but he carried on clappin an chantin`!

He was a nice bloke but he was also a right nutter! Great city fan though for someone who came from

Hertfordshire......

thzq1.png

Having had the pleasure of sitting in the Williams recently can't say I'm totally surprised at the reaction to your old man's celebration.

Success seems to have attracted a new type of 'customer' this season.

The bloke behind me on sat kept shouting 'Come on Bristol' :grr:

Whats wrong with "come on Bristol" Brr..istol was a common chant for years, especially late 70;s early 80's.

We have told this story on yer before, but every time we hear the name of

Tony Harling we think of it.........

We went up to Chelsea to watch the city in the old first division in the 70s.

We landed up in a bar near Stamford Bridge which was full of Chelsea Boot

boys! We thought oh well, nice pint in yer, so we`ll keep our mouths shut cos we wernt wearin` any colours, an enjoy our drink before the match!

About 2 o`clock who was to come through the ruddy door was Tony Harling!

He was wearin` red an white from his Hat to his shoes! You could have yerd a pin drop in that boozer! We held our heads under our coats, cos he knew us!

But our luck was out, he spotted us and called out to us! He started to come

towards us, not carin` about ole they evil lookin` Chelsea fans who were

lookin for some Bristol Blood! Not bein` cowards, we thought sod this! an we

slipped out the back an ran like hell down the Kings Road with ole Tony Harling

in pursult an a Blue Army behind he! True story!

Another time he was sat in the stand at Millwall, they were chuckin` bottles an stones at him as he just sat thur chantin` City, City, City! every seat was empty around him but he carried on clappin an chantin`!

He was a nice bloke but he was also a right nutter! Great city fan though for someone who came from

Hertfordshire......

thzq1.png

One man went to mow

Went to mow down King's Road....

.....What a legend. :clapping:

This one's a cyberspace chant in honour of Tony Harling :chant6ez: .......

Buuuurrrrrrrrrrissssstollll !!!!!!!

your dad is a funny guy. tell him to keep up the good work.

Is it this bloke on 2:16...?

If so I remember him vividly from about the mid 80's as a nipper..jeez, brings it all back

Is it this bloke on 2:16...?

If so I remember him vividly from about the mid 80's as a nipper..jeez, brings it all back

I'm sure that's him.

What a depressing time to follow City that was.

There's another clip linked to that one of the home match with Swindon almost 10 years later in Dec. 1991 which was even worse, a 4-0 home defeat, but at least the crowd had returned by then.

I was at both games - whenever we get a bit critical of City these days it's as well to look back and remember just how bad things really were.

I'm sure that's him.

What a depressing time to follow City that was.

There's another clip linked to that one of the home match with Swindon almost 10 years later in Dec. 1991 which was even worse, a 4-0 home defeat, but at least the crowd had returned by then.

I was at both games - whenever we get a bit critical of City these days it's as well to look back and remember just how bad things really were.

Too true

Remember the 1991 game well...Still cant believe they had Nestor lorenzo who'd just played in the world cup final!

i remember by chance being sat undercover in the hospitality seats at the rugby ground next to stoney when phillips saved the penalty and the cuckoos later went down. when peacock scored stoney went mental, my dad and i were rather more reserved. a couple of rovers 'hard men' on the terrace in front started trying to intimidate him and fair play to him he didnt give a monkeys. i can always remember him saying 'you jumped up and down when your team scored earlier, so why cant i do the same when my team scores. theres nothing wrong with that so f off!!!!' quality. even some of the other cuckoos were laughing.

Whats wrong with "come on Bristol" Brr..istol was a common chant for years, especially late 70;s early 80's.

Agreed, there's a group chant of Brrr..istol, but I think that's more of a tribal 'we are Bristol' ie. City fans represent Bristol. Someone shouting 'come on Bristol' just isn't right ! Surely every true fan knows us as 'City' ? I'll shut up now.

Archived